Still confused regarding backup/cdp files

pilot_76

Hello

The Data Folder in the installation tab in CM I believe is where all your routes/DLC/own-designed routes, session reside. I've recently reinstalled trainz19 and saved the data content folder. The new installation did not load all my routes, sessions. I tried importing from the old folder and it did help a bit but my content although in the old content folder simply does not show up in the new installation. I did point out the new folder in the install tab as well. So I am wondering if I must export the route first into cdp format then import it to a new installation. Is that right?

tks

If you have set the 'Local data folder' in the Launcher Settings \ Install tab to the same folder in the new installation as it was in the old installation then your content in CM (which includes your content as well as any third party content) will be unchanged. If that is not what happened then you need to start over. Remember, however, that a new installation that points to the original local data folder will not fix any problems with that folder, so you need to consider why you are doing a new install.

You should not try to import from the original Local data folder. If you saved anything to CDP before removing the original installation then that CDP can be imported into the new installation, regardless of which folder you are now using.

No I did not export my stuff in CDP. It is there in the backup folder but I see that the new installation will not load it unless if it was in cdp I guess. I think I lost the routes I have designed...

No I did not export my stuff in CDP. It is there in the backup folder but I see that the new installation will not load it unless if it was in cdp I guess. I think I lost the routes I have designed...

Nothing would be lost unless you deleted it, but there may be issues in accessing it. If the new installation correctly points to the original local data folder then everything that was originally there should still be there. If it isn't then you need to check again that the new installation is pointing to the correct location for that folder.

If your new installation points to a new local data folder then you can temporarily point it back to the original so that you can export whatever you want to CDP, for importing into the new installation when you reset the local data folder back to that new install. Only when you have got everything you want from the original local data folder would you then delete it.

Back