Trainz Plus Update 2 Now Available

n3vpolsen

Administrator
NOTE: This update is available for Trianz Plus members and Gold Class members.

After an extended beta period, Trainz Plus Update 2 is now at the stage where we feel that it is ready for broad consumption. As I'm sure that you're aware, there are many areas that we can continue to improve the Unified Driver / Surveyor concept, and we'll continue to attack these in future updates. What we have now is the first step in that process, and we feel that it's a big step forward in its own right.

As of today, we're releasing the update to the the Trainz Plus Beta Testers. These builds are equivalent to the previous beta, with the exception that Assertions (debug checks) are now disabled and our servers have up-to-date precache data for these builds. We would encourage all Trainz Plus testers to patch up to this version immediately.

If you're a Trainz Plus user but not currently a Beta Tester, this is a great moment for you to consider becoming a tester. You'll be jumping across to the latest build (which all Trainz Plus users will hopefully be getting in the next few days) and helping confirm that the patches from the previous Trainz Plus release go smoothly. After this update is officially released, we'll then be proceeding with testing for Update 3. You can join the beta by switching your Patch Stream in the Trainz Settings.

If you are a current Trainz Plus Beta Tester but would like to opt out of the next set of testing, this build is your best time to do it. Patch up, then switch your Patch Stream back to the regular Trainz Plus stream instead of the Beta.

Direct patches are available from the following builds (currently via the beta stream only):

• 100240 (TRS19 Latest - Windows)
  • 100331 (TRS19 Latest - MacOS)
  • 100438 (Trainz Plus Update 1 - MacOS)
  • 100464 (Trainz Plus Update 1 - Windows)
  • 103321 (Trainz Plus Update 2 Beta - MacOS)
  • 103322 (Trainz Plus Update 2 Beta - Windows)

The final build numbers are as follows:

• 103368 (Trainz Plus Update 2 - MacOS)
  • 103369 (Trainz Plus Update 2 - Windows)

As always, we thank the community for their ongoing support, and give special thanks to the beta testers for their efforts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Patch went smoothly.

Not clear on one thing in the message. Will build 103369 become the new official Trainz Plus version. That is will the gold update build 100464 be updated to build 103369 and become the official Trainz Plus Gold edition?

Patched 103322 to 103369, faultless patch
Also
Patched 100464 to 103369, to check no problems, again faultless and a pretty quick download considering the size, will switch it back to non beta.

Not clear on one thing in the message. Will build 103369 become the new official Trainz Plus version. That is will the gold update build 100464 be updated to build 103369 and become the official Trainz Plus Gold edition?

Yes, barring any major problems in the next day or so.

chris

The download and install went well. All updated from Update 1 to Update 2 on my 100464 version. My test version is now at Update 2 and ready for the next update.

I keep them separate so as not to end up with a dead version in case something goes terribly wrong somewhere.

Update was fine for me, but the guy needs stop using my name. RJArtim

Last edited:
Update was fine for me, except I am seeing 2 new warnings "! <kuid:103021:100990> TrainzMeshCollisionData::CreateNewShapeFromData> vertex count too high, falling back to AABB". This is for a bunch of assets.

And this one "! <kuid:135229:100018> VE189: Collision data exceeds 64KB and has been simplified. Consider using a different generation method or a simplified mesh". I take it this is for the developer of the asset? This is also for a bunch of assets.

These are just warnings so can I take it that they are no real problems?

That sounds very much like Geek for developers. You can ignore warnings.

Thanks for verify that Chris. RJArtim, I appreciate the help or talk.

Last edited:
Since I got this update I have these assets are needed to be active. Have to figure out how to do it. RJArtim

Last edited:
Quit using my name. This guy is still using my name. He needs to be stopped already. Give him another or his real name. Thanks Tony, I need the help. RJ Artim

Last edited:
The scoring system is missing since this update

WitbAe7.png

Cheers

Back