Is there a non global whistle command/script ?

FootplatePhil

Trainz Tragic since 2002
I am trying to add whistle commands to Driver Setup. I found and downloaded the command "Guards whistle" kuid:165221:1092. Unfortunately the resulting whistle sound is global, ie. a guards whistle from a train at one end of the route can be heard all over the route.

Can someone point me to a guards whistle that can be issued as a driver command, and which is heard only locally?

Not to worry. I think I have fixed the script, and the original author allows modification and redistribution so I will upload to the DLS after some more testing.

Last edited:
The "Guards Whistle Near" driver command is now available on the DLS.
Downloaded the command. It shows "Faulty", and the error is: The tag properties-behavior is not permitted on driver command. I deleted that line and it shows no fault. But the whistle still can be heard in the distance. Just in case you ask, I deleted the "old one" completely to try this one.

Downloaded the command. It shows "Faulty", and the error is: The tag properties-behavior is not permitted on driver command. I deleted that line and it shows no fault. But the whistle still can be heard in the distance. Just in case you ask, I deleted the "old one" completely to try this one.

I have no explanation. It works fine for me on two different computers, and displays no errors in TRS2019 (build 1002400) Content Manager. However, if I take the 'properties-behavior' tag out and 'Submit' the updated asset it subsequently displays a warning saying the tag is missing. According to the Trainz wikki 'properties-behavior' is supported for kind 'drivercommand'. http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/KIND_Drivercommand

EDIT 1: I have just downloaded it to TANE build 94829, and in TANE it shows the tag error you are experiencing. I will set up a session in TANE and see if it works.

EDIT 2: After correcting the TANE tag issue I have tested in a session. With my PC volume set to a lowish/medium level the whistle is audible near the train, but only barely audible 1.5 kms away. If I go far enough from the train so that its horn becomes inaudible, then the whistle is also inaudible. But it looks like I may need upload a revision with trainz-build set to 4.6 (TRS2019).

Is there anyone out there (besides me) who has got it to work ?

Last edited:
I have uploaded a modified version of "Guards Whistle Near". I removed the 'properties-behavior' tag, so the asset will now install without error in both TANE and TRS2019, although in TRS2019 it now has a warning message if you 'View Errors and Warnings' in Content Manager. The warning does not appear to affect operation, and for me it functions correctly in both versions. Judging from the lack of feedback to the contrary, it may be that I am the only one for which that is the case :(.

The updated version should be available within 24 hrs.

Last edited:
Hi Phil

Finally got it to work.

I had two other instances of Guards Whistle installed, one status installed which I deleted and one status Built in Payware which I had to disable before yours would work.

But got there in the end. And works perfectly, thank you.

Peter

Back