Andy Turnbull's Eastern Kentucky on the Wayback Machine

The Endless Coal doesn't work because it uses locomotives no longer available as I said earlier in the thread. The locos when available only worked in TS2010.
Harold

Harold,

I believe I have those engines and I repaired them and had them working in TS12. I have recently moved to Tane and will check them out.

Chris

n8phu,
The Endless Coal session really looked like a cool one (but didn't work for me due to all the missing content, I guess). It would be great if you could resurrect that for TANE or TRS19. I'm late to the Trainz game so I don't have any idea how to set up something like that, with portals continually disgorging coal trains.

The Jeff Coal session works well in TANE 100544, although I did have an odd crash to desktop while running it. I generally make saves while running, so I didn't have to start all over.

As others have said, this is an amazing route - I've just scratched the surface on how much fun it is. It's wonderful that people are bringing these great routes back to life. Everyone's screen shots are so nice!

Heinrich505

Harold,

I believe I have those engines and I repaired them and had them working in TS12. I have recently moved to Tane and will check them out.

Chris
Endless Coal works in SP1 and SP2 with the assets available on the net including the Sporburst's. Don't have SP3 on my computer.

tane2_0007.jpg

In SP4 most of the locomotives won't appear in the session but appear in Driver rule to be referenced.

Harold

Last edited:
Harold,

Chris

Chris, are you gonna replace the billboards with speedtrees before you host it?

Chris, are you gonna replace the billboards with speedtrees before you host it?
Which Speedtrees would be used? Not everyone agrees with what looks good.

No one made a direct replacement for the old "g:" trees. Most lack the fullness of the "g:" trees.

The original looks pretty good.

tane2_0008.jpg

Ain't that hard to replace them.

Harold

Last edited:
EK3 V1.1 No Speedtrees is up and a bonus too....

Ok, I managed to get some time and East Kentucky 3 Version 1.1 No Speedtrees is up on The Erecting Hall. I also found the Track Map and Track chart that Fdugger and Backyard did for the route. as for the sessions, I need a few things to fall into place to get some of the locomotives to be made available again.

Look on the menu for the entry Dermmy's content, download links are available.

Last edited:
The rmm "dubs" are the closest to the old "G:" trees. A little bit too European for my taste.

tane2_0009.jpg

Harold

Having used mostly Mcquirel trees in my conversion I agree. The foliage outside my window is very similar to that region of the Appalachian Mountains. The majority of the trees are a dark green with subtle variations. I have lived here all my life (traveled the world) but the majority of the local trees also do not have white tree trunks. This eliminates a lot of vendor trees from inclusion in EK3. I need to locate that gold outcropping and buy a few acres!

Having used mostly Mcquirel trees in my conversion I agree. The foliage outside my window is very similar to that region of the Appalachian Mountains. The majority of the trees are a dark green with subtle variations. I have lived here all my life (traveled the world) but the majority of the local trees also do not have white tree trunks. This eliminates a lot of vendor trees from inclusion in EK3. I need to locate that gold outcropping and buy a few acres!

RMM made some really, really dark oaks. He does them by sequence number so I can't remember what they are offhand, but they are a good match for what you want, and they don't have glowing white trunks either which is good. Your region is very much in the Appalachians but just a bit north. This is the same with the Berkshires that are 140 miles west of me and into the White Mountains found 200 miles north of me. The far upper end gives way from oaks and maples to large pines and furs. This area was heavily deforested by the lumber and paper industries so the pines and furs, and oaks were once thicker. Today the new forests are made up mostly of oaks, maples, ash, and birch with some smaller stands of pines.

Like you I struggle to get the right mix of trees and at one point I looked into making my own Speed Trees. The problem is IDV has since moved beyond our currently supported version, and I don't want to get into yet another software subscription for the package.

Remember running the Endless Coal session in TS2010/TS12 and watching the game cough and gag whenever a train started.

Runs in the 40-60's in TANE SP2.

tane2_0010.jpg

The performance even in TS2010 of the route shows Andy's brilliance. Most routes today don't run as well as EK3.

Harold

All the years I have been running EK3, I didn't know these sessions existed.
I downloaded both last night into my SP1 Tane and was able to get all assets except the Sporbust locos.
When I ran the Jeff Session I found the triggers all had different numbers and there were none showing for the driven train.
Therefore the instructions did not continue after being told to go to Jeff. The trigger at Jeff didn't match the driver instructions.
The route comes up looking really good compared to the TS10 version I have installed.
Cheers,
Mike

Back