Andy Turnbull's Eastern Kentucky on the Wayback Machine

hminky

Blind Squirrel
This was posted in the USA screenshot thread.

Direct link to EK3 (pre-SpeedTree version): http://web.archive.org/web/201203191...cky_3_v1.1.cdp
Direct link to EK3 with SpeedTrees: http://web.archive.org/web/201203191...3st/EK3_ST.cdp

Most of the assets can be picked up here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20120318200544/http://www.checkrail.com/ek3.htm

If you don't have this route get it.

The Speedtree version is with the old Pofig trees and won't work in TANE or later.

Awesome route!

TRS2019 with rmm SpeedTrees

taned_014.jpg

TRS2019 with new track and rmm trees.

taned_030.jpg

The first versions of TANE made the billboard trees look good.

ek3a8.jpg

ek3a_1.jpg

TANE with mcquirel payware SpeedTrees

tane1_0008.jpg

tane1_0007.jpg

Harold

Last edited:
Most definitely awesome!

This is a core component of my Ozark Valley and Western mega-merger. I have spend many, many hours running coal runs out of Jeff up to Carrs Creek, and out of Denton to the Tilford mines where I had a runaway once!

Looks best in TANE SP2, Andy's use of G: track still looks good in that version.

tane1_0009.jpg

Harold

Last edited:
I brought this into Tane a few years ago. Recently updated to SP4 beta and it looks great.
I still run the original in Tane SP1.
I deleted the Pofig trees and have used the random asset install to populate again. Slowly getting it back to what it was in TS12.
Lately I have been modifying a version of the route to become forestry orientated.
Due to the downturn in coal usage, most of the tipples were abandoned and have been replaced with logging and processing industries. Also added Dave Snow's pulp mill to the system. I still use Leatherwood Mine to send coal interstate and Bluegrass Mine to feed EK Power.
Cheers,
Mike

Last edited:
Good idea - forestry orientation. I have converted the route to TRS19 but with Ultra trees. Played with the route for years off and on. The random reliability of the coal handling assets continued to be a problem plus N3V condemning some assets so you start the route in morning and see orange. It is also easy to trim the route down to a smaller version and then you can really get into detailing it. I have been messing with Hinton, which is similar. But Eastern Kentucky may be a better choice. Thanks for bringing this route up.....

As of spring 2019, a lot of the content links he provided can be dug up either by Googling the KUIDs or just using the links from the Wayback Machine. So there isn't much missing content to worry about.

By the way, this works for the two Clovis routes as well, although I didn't want to spend the time digging up the assets for the session, especially since they don't look as nice as the newer JR/Davesnow locomotives.

By the way, this works for the two Clovis routes as well, although I didn't want to spend the time digging up the assets for the session, especially since they don't look as nice as the newer JR/Davesnow locomotives.
The locomotives in the Endless Coal session only work in TS2010. I subbed JR and other locomotives and moved it over to TANE.

TANE SP1

tane_sp1_0003.jpg

The Jeff Coal session works alright if I remember right.

Harold

Last edited:
Thank you for helping with our Tree issues in TRS2019

Nice Pics and very nice work on Rebuilds,

That is one of the things in my Bucket list, I have several Routes with Translucent Trees, and or terrible looking Trees that can't be used in TRS-19 anymore, they have stood the test of time as long as one can expect.....

So when I stop merging and fooling around with my Routes, I'll go back and use those mentioned "RMM" here on the Thread to fix my broken stuff too.......

Upgrading any Software these days is a 2 edge sword, it nice to have newer versions of Software with all the Shiny new items, :( but then reality sets in, when you find out what is broken and doesn't work any longer....I lament......:'(

That's OK, we have been at these Cross Roads before, and will get thru them again....Called Tenacity, and dedication to Duty, we have some very fine Asset and Route Creators, and they really are helping with Fixing the Broken Assets etc, Thank you for helping us, cause I sure don't come with those mental abilities in my tool box, just being honest, I do a lot of things, but Asset Building, only I can draw a Stick man, and he look funny.....:hehe:

Thanks for sharing and showing the Example differences Folks.......:cool:

Appreciate your time and due diligence trying to get these poor old Trees looking more alive.......:wave:
=================================================================================================================================================
TRS2019 with new track and rmm trees.
taned_014.jpg

Went low shadows in TRS2019 with majority of trees rmm dubs.

trs12ed_0001.jpg

With low shadows the track and grass aren't all funky. Sorta TS12ed.

Harold

Last edited:
I should talk to Andy, he mentioned me being able to host his stuff..... I think it would make it easier for the community to find his stuff.

I used a handpicked selection of mcguirel's freeware and payware, roystrainz payware, Auran freeware, and rmm freeware SpeedTrees for my version.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

I have not merged it with anything or modified the industries. :D

TANE SP3 above TRS19 below

:D

Last edited:
Ok gang, I have EK3 version 1.1 which has billboard trees. I think this might be the best version to host as I know TS12 / TANE / TRS2019 can all use this version.

I know that there was a few items that Dermmy had links to on his site so people could find them. I am considering making a Dependencies cdp to go with the route that consists of the items that are not built in or base in Tane for people to make it easier to get everything that is needed.

There is one session that I have for the route, called Endless coal. I am not 100% sure if all of the items are still available, we can work through that though.

Thoughts?

Ok gang, I have EK3 version 1.1 which has billboard trees. I think this might be the best version to host as I know TS12 / TANE / TRS2019 can all use this version.

I know that there was a few items that Dermmy had links to on his site so people could find them. I am considering making a Dependencies cdp to go with the route that consists of the items that are not built in or base in Tane for people to make it easier to get everything that is needed.

There is one session that I have for the route, called Endless coal. I am not 100% sure if all of the items are still available, we can work through that though.

Thoughts?

That's awesome that you have preserved this route for others to have access to along with the dependencies as that will save the users from doing the Kuid-hunt. I agree that the older billboard foliage route is a better cross-version one to use. Requiring the user to switch out foliage themselves, thanks to IDV, is a pain that no one should have to endure again.

Having the session available is a good idea for those that want it, but do the consists need to be updated? I can't remember if the assets are available on the DLS or built-in. It's been sometime since I used that session because I merged my install into another route. If they are third-party, you might want to consider providing a base session with built-in or DLS-only assets as well.

Back