TRS19 not starting

Lacker

Border Reiver
Greetings all,
I am having a problem getting TRS19 to start. It initializes to start screen, runs for a few seconds, and then returns me back to desktop.

To say it is frustrating is an understatement,so if anybody can enlighten me as to possible causes I would be very grateful.
Regards Bruce

Did this work before and stop working, or is it a new install?

If it's new, can you post your computer specs? It could be your video card that's not compatible that's causing this.

If you had it working and not it's not, I would try a database repair to see if that fixes the problem.

It is a new install, as I have just had to rebuild my PC after a CPU & mobo failure. I can't afford the very latest specs so update to a kind of half way house.
The new specs are
Gigabyte GA 78LMT USB3 mobo with AMD FX8350 CPU
Nvidia Geforce GTX 780TI GPU
16gb DDR3 memory
Aerocool 600W PSU

This set up is capable of running TANE at mid 40s frame rates
Hope this helps
regards Bruce

Been there and done that myself. The GTX780Ti is a nice card and everything else should be fine as well.

Assuming your login is all set, try an extended database repair.

At the Launcher, click on Developer on the menu and then press CTRL-key at the same time as clicking on Rebuild database.

This can take a bit of time depending upon how much content you have. A fresh, out of the box, install will only take a few minutes if that.

Hi John,
As I have gone back to Tane and un-installed TRS19, it will have to be another install, which I will do as soon as other distractions have ceased {hopefully tomorrow). I will let you know how I get on. In the meantime many thanks for your time and guidance.
Bruce

Well that was a waste of time. I decided to download TRS19 again having cleared out all the old files. However it will not re-install, it crashes and goes to Black screen with boring repetitive music at '96' every time.
Think I will just stick with Tane, which runs perfectly.:confused::':)'(

Hate giving up so investigated a bit more. It appears to be a compatibility issue between TRS19 and my GPU. I tried my old R7 series GPU and TRS19 loaded perfectly. Sadly the frame rate would be about 2, so no good for running the game. What is the difference between Tane and TRS19 that could possibly cause the problem, as Tane and all other applications run just fine on the GTX780ti?
regards Bruce

This is going to be a couple of low possibilities...

I just looked up the Gigabyte motherboard site.
To enable AM3+ AMD FX-Series CPU support, please update your motherboard with the most current BIOS found in your motherboard’s download section/QUOTE]

Have you updated the bios?
I wonder if your CPU is being misidentified by the installer...

Did you use your old hard drive? If so, are there any remnants of the previous TS19 install? Check using regarding, or CCCleaner.

HTH,
Colin

Probably more likely to be a GPU driver issue, get the latest from Nvidia and not Microsoft. May need to completely remove all graphics drivers with DDU and then offline do a clean install of the Nvidia drivers from the Nvidia drivers download. offline to stop Microsoft reloading it's probably old and out of date driver. Just install the drivers, none of the other Nvidia stuff such as experience. MS GPU drivers are often but not always not complete, missing things like OpenCl, not sure that affects TRS19 but a good reason to use the proper Drivers from Nvidia.
Or
If Win10, it's not up to date, there were issues with some GPUs and some games on earlier builds.

The Driver it came with will not work with Windows 10, and latest driver is the one which will not boot TRS19, so have sold the GPU and have bought a AMD Radeon instead.
Once again thank you all for trying to help.

Regards Bruce

Sorry to hear that, at least you have resolved your problem...
I'm a bit surprised, I have a nVidia 770 ti card. This works with the default Win 10 drivers (I had to reinstall Win 10 from a boot usb), and all the recent nVidia drivers released have been ok with TS19.

All the best,

Colin

Back