More AI woes - seized points!

Capture.PNG.577f5724c4dd6bdad2874797d408c652.PNG
Please see attached screen grab. Both trains are running on AI. Train on left has become inexplicably stranded on the junction, and was manually reversed to a point behind the signal. Both trains have been stopped. Junction lever closest to trains has disengaged from AI, next set of points remains under control of AI.

Can anyone advise why?

Cheers.

Did a quick check in Surveyor, levers are all in the correct default location. Flicked the levers so that they default to 'straight through' running, appears to have resolved the issue.

It does not matter which side of the spline point a lever is placed.

I suspect that the problem may be further down the track. Something is preventing the progress of the first train.

The AI can do all sorts of weird things - it is far from "Intelligent".

It does not matter which side of the spline point a lever is placed.

Try placing it on the diverge side of the spline point and it will not work, even the tower will not pick it up. It must be on the single track side of the point to work right.

Try placing it on the diverge side of the spline point and it will not work, even the tower will not pick it up. It must be on the single track side of the point to work right.

I'm sorry, but I just ran some tests with switches placed on the diverge and then swapped onto the straight sides of the track spline points and it made no difference to the AI. I don't know what switches you are using but I have never experienced that issue in any version or build of Trainz.

Did a quick check in Surveyor, levers are all in the correct default location. Flicked the levers so that they default to 'straight through' running, appears to have resolved the issue.
NOT using AI at all, and running trains manually, will solve all your problems.

Ocasionally I get that problem. Solution? Revert to manual, drive the loco pass the points and resume. It is another pill we have to swalow.

Capture.PNG.577f5724c4dd6bdad2874797d408c652.PNG
Please see attached screen grab. Both trains are running on AI. Train on left has become inexplicably stranded on the junction, and was manually reversed to a point behind the signal. Both trains have been stopped. Junction lever closest to trains has disengaged from AI, next set of points remains under control of AI.

Can anyone advise why?

Cheers.

Try an invisible signal on the crossover.

Last edited:
Back