Trainz 2009 only launching in open gl mode and crashing on start up on direct x

trainfan9888

I got a new(Old) Laptop and when I use direct x mode in trainz 2009 it opens a window and then says trainz has stopped working open gl runs like crap on this laptop Its a Compaq presario V3000 with intel gma 945 and a core 2 duo t2050 with 256mb vram 0mb of dedicated ram it has 2gb installed That is its maximum amount and direct x and drivers are updated So im lost :(

Install the DirectX from here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34429

I do recommend registering your TRS2009 if it's not already registered on your My Trainz account. If you have already registered the program under a different username, contact the helpdesk for assistance.

Without showing a registered version, you will receive little help from the community, and without a registered version your ability to install assets will be limited.

Sounds like your laptop hasn't even got a proper graphics chip, so even if you get '09 running, it won't do so very well.

Not sure what a "giveaway" is but if you mean secondhand then the chances are the serial number has been registered to someone else and you are S.O.L.

Do yourself a favour and get a decent up to date PC or laptop with the best graphics card you can afford and buy TANE or TRS2019, both of which will run on modern hardware and Windows 10 without any drama.

I too run 09 on a dinosaur computer....

As old as your laptop is, OpenGL running in the game's compatibility mode is your best option. Even if you could manage to get it running in DirectX, you're liable to have other issues in game such as locking up when trying to access the in game map and such.

As mentioned before, contact the help desk and they will get your timeline updated with the 09 version. Good Luck!

Back