Trainz Plus "Release Candidate" 103322 (PC) and 103321 (Mac) are now available

When I try to run sessions made previously, the brake pipe is 286 and will not release. I have to delete the consist I am going to drive and replace it, with the same consist and all is fine. For me that is a lot of replacing.

Thanks. Is this happening with all trains and all sessions, or is it specific to certain sessions or certain locos?

When you say "made previously", are you referring to the current build? A recent beta? The previous Trainz Plus release? Something older still?

Has anybody else seen this same behavior?

thanks,

chris

I've been editing, placing TurfFX grass, etc. and came upon a levitating forest which wasn't there in previous versions.

Thanks. Is this in your own route/session or an unmodified builtin / DLS route?

Are the affected objects in a route or session layer?

Does this problem occur on every load of the route/session, or was it a one-off?

Have you seen similar problems on other routes, or in other locations on that route?

chris

Thanks. Is this in your own route/session or an unmodified builtin / DLS route?

Are the affected objects in a route or session layer?

Does this problem occur on every load of the route/session, or was it a one-off?

Have you seen similar problems on other routes, or in other locations on that route?

chris

This is a combination of two routes I merged together from Jointed Rail plus my own creation. It was on my merged section this occurred and along a whole swath of the other route I imported. In that place, the trees are below ground, but are sticking up so I know the trees are there and can also see them in grid view.

I saw this once before way back in T:ANE in the early days and back then for me it was on loading a built-in route during testing, but never again after that.

Exiting and coming back in did not solve the problem, and I never tried the ground tamping thing before. That does reset the flying flora and other scenery-objects, carz, buildings, and all their ilk back to normal. At least I found a workaround, because my stomach flipped inside out when I saw this.

Last edited:
I found 2 new quirks. When I make a new session and set it up for Cab mode, when I start the session it is in easy mode. If I state for not being able to change it, then I am stuck in easy mode.

There are a combination of factors at play here.

Firstly, you're assumedly attempting to change the behavior using the QuickDrive rule or some close equivalent? If so, please be sure to use the "Restart All Rules" command (or perhaps right click and use "Reset") to ensure that this rule takes effect. Otherwise, since it has likely already run by the point where you're testing this, any rule configuration changes you make won't have any effect. You can check the current status of the rule on the right side of the rules list in "Edit Session". If it says "Complete", it has already done its thing and will not run again without some external trigger.

Secondly, as of TRS19 the cab/dcc/commands Control Mode is determined per Driver, not at the per-session level as it was in T:ANE and earlier. While the per-session state can still be configured (via Script, via the QuickDrive rule, etc.) this only effects Drivers as they are created, and cannot be used to reconfigure existing Drivers.

Given that you're talking about locking the user's ability to toggle this configuration (again, assumedly via the QuickDrive rule), if you change your mind about how things should be configured, here's what you'll need to do:

1. Surveyor > Edit Session.
2. Modify the QuickDrive rule to your desired configuration, and permit the user to change the configuration.
3. Restart All Rules.
4. Accept your changes.
5. Switch to Driver and unpause.
6. Cycle through each existing Driver, changing the UI of each into the desired Control Mode.
7. Surveyor > Edit Session.
8. Modify the QuickDrive rule to prevent the user from making further changes to the configuration.
9. Restart All Rules.

Beyond this point, your new configuration will be locked in for all the existing Drivers, you won't be able to make additional manual changes, and new Drivers which are created will adopt whatever Control Mode you have specified via the QuickDrive rule.

Yes, that's all a little complicated, but it's only happening because you've locked of the ability to change Control Modes and yet still want to change the Control Mode. If you didn't lock the mode in the first place, the user could just set each Driver to whatever Control Mode they feel like with the click of a button. If you're the kind of person who builds sessions where locking the Control Mode is important, then it shouldn't take you long to get your head around the above and include it into your workflow.

hth,

chris

Thanks. Is this happening with all trains and all sessions, or is it specific to certain sessions or certain locos?

When you say "made previously", are you referring to the current build? A recent beta? The previous Trainz Plus release? Something older still?

Has anybody else seen this same behavior?

thanks,

chris

It does it with all engines I use. I use a lot of engines on my routes. Bob

Last edited:
started new route laid track and a bit of road .
opened track panel click the end spine points with the default setting of 0.00 end of track disapairs
below ground level.
clicked on end spine point to get its hight after relaying peace of track comes up spine point at 1000.8
that also happends with other spines as well.
but only on a new route with a new base board.
trainz + build 103322. thx.

started new route laid track and a bit of road .
opened track panel click the end spine points with the default setting of 0.00 end of track disapairs
below ground level.
clicked on end spine point to get its hight after relaying peace of track comes up spine point at 1000.8
that also happends with other spines as well.
but only on a new route with a new base board.
trainz + build 103322. thx.

I'm not sure of your exact steps here. You say "click the end spine points with the default setting of 0.00" - which tool are you referring to here?

When you lay the track are you adjusting any height settings? Have you made any terrain edits? World origin edits?

Since the last update to 103443, after I exit driver, the whole program shuts down. When I restart the program it has to do a rebuild of the database. This happens with any route I open. Any thoughts, anybody?

Last edited:
Since the last update to 103443, after I exit driver, the whole program shuts down. When I restart the program it has to do a rebuild of the database. This happens with any route I open. Any thoughts, anybody?

Have you done a database repair, not an automatic one, after the new update? I highly recommend that, and if that doesn't work do an EDR. It sounds to me that something is corrupted. An EDR is done by pressing CTRL-key at the same time as clicking on Rebuild Database on the menu.

Have you done a database repair, not an automatic one, after the new update? I highly recommend that, and if that doesn't work do an EDR. It sounds to me that something is corrupted. An EDR is done by pressing CTRL-key at the same time as clicking on Rebuild Database on the menu.

I will try to do that and let you know the outcome!

I did an EDR and wow, all the errors, etc.
- Installed, Payware (not active)
- modified, obsolete
- installed from DLS, Missing dependencies
- Built-in, Missing dependencies
All of a sudden I do not have a "clean" install anymore!!

My suggestion is to create a new local data folder. This will ensure you have no errors.

From there, redownload your DLC content, download missing deps from the DLS. Import your locally modified routes and sessions and redownload any missing deps.

Thanks for the suggestion!! However, I feel that maybe I should not have signed up to be a "tester", because I do not even have a clue on how to go about what you suggested, as I have NEVER had to do that since I started with Trainz.
So, is it possible to guide me through that? ie. create a new local data folder, etc.

Thanks.

PS. I am interested to know what has gone wrong since the last update. The update before 103443 worked very well, without any hick-ups. But having said that, this present update also works well while I am "in" the game, either in driver or surveyor. It is just the issue of saving the session and exiting surveyor that is a major problem. The session and the route are free of any errors. So why the game closes completely and leaves the session and the route "open for editing" is beyond my comprehension.

I did an EDR and wow, all the errors, etc.
- Installed, Payware (not active)
- modified, obsolete
- installed from DLS, Missing dependencies
- Built-in, Missing dependencies
All of a sudden I do not have a "clean" install anymore!!

What does it actually mean: Installed, Payware (not active)

Back