Trainz Plus "Release Candidate" 103322 (PC) and 103321 (Mac) are now available

n3vpolsen

Administrator
Trainz Plus "Release Candidate" 103322 (PC) and 103321 (Mac) are now available

We've released the following patches:
* From 103294 to 103322 for PC users (20 MB)
* From 103295 to 103321 for Mac users (20 MB)
Patches are found using the Trainz Plus Beta stream.
Ensure that your current build number matches one of the options above.

Please note, we're currently short-staffed for the next week / 2 weeks and apologise in advance if you encounter any problems. As always you should post back on this thread and we'll address any concerns asap.

The changelist for this build is as follows:

FIXED
* Text Labels (Train Names, Junctions, etc.) now reliably re-appear after having been visible and then invisible.
* An issue where saving could result in faulty-flagged Route or Session assets has been resolved.

WILL NOT FIX FOR THIS RELEASE
* Reloading a save may use default camera angles rather than restoring the pre-save camera angles. This does not otherwise affect the placement or behaviour of the camera.

Last edited:
Running an EDR for the previous install due to some payware not active... Hopefully the issue is related to the updated patch and not another issue altogether.

Running an EDR for the previous install due to some payware not active... Hopefully the issue is related to the updated patch and not another issue altogether.

Same for me. Even after EDR some payware remains inactive.

And another observation. After exiting to Surveyor, changing a few things, back in driver command cue for the active driver is empty. All commands are gone. Annoying at least.

Regards
Darko

And another observation. After exiting to Surveyor, changing a few things, back in driver command cue for the active driver is empty. All commands are gone. Annoying at least.

Regards
Darko

Hmm... No issues with the driver commands. I used an existing route and existing routes for testing. I still have the missing payware now on all installs. I'm doing a fresh download again on one to see if that fixes that install, if it doesn't I'll need to contact the helpdesk. It may very well be that something else got broken concurrent with the new patch.

Everything is fine here, no payware inactive, had a few faulty assets that were fixed after running show errors and warnings on them.

Are you able to provide some specific examples?

Thanks. Let me know if find a way to repro this problem.

chris

So far build 103322 is running fine for me. No inactive payware or faulty assets. I have the build running on two computers; one a desktop and the other a laptop. It may be that I have not downloaded all the DLC content that is available which has lot of payware.

Hi all,

If there's no further feedback then we'll be looking at releasing the build to the wider Trainz Plus community. Last chance to let us know about any showstopper issues. :)

thanks for the testing effort,

chris

Can we have a couple of days?

I spent the weekend, since the update release, rebuilding a database and redownloading payware content over a very slow wireless connection. I finally have a chance to test and you're ready to release the update!

I have noticed something new, but I'm not sure if it's a feature, a bug, or a new way of doing things.

1) Some signals are dark, or show red while in Surveyor without any change when placing a consist and changing junction levers.

3) Loading into Driver-mode, the signals are normal after unpausing the program.

This is not how things worked in the past and I'm not sure if this is a bug. In the past, we could place a consist and the signals will show their correct aspect, or close to it. This worked well for signalling a route and ensuring that we had things setup properly without needing to go into Driver to test until the end.

Can we have a couple of days?

Absolutely. I just want it clear where we're up to in the process, and that we are not currently aware of any reason to hold the release further. Obviously that can change based on the presence of new information. I specifically want to avoid somebody knowing of a critical issue and avoiding telling us "because they'll look into it further next weekend" or some such.

I have noticed something new, but I'm not sure if it's a feature, a bug, or a new way of doing things.

1) Some signals are dark, or show red while in Surveyor without any change when placing a consist and changing junction levers.

3) Loading into Driver-mode, the signals are normal after unpausing the program.

Please note that you can also unpause the game while in Surveyor if you want to. This doesn't require a round trip to Driver.

From your description here, it sounds like you may just need to unpause the game for long enough that the signals get a chance to update, but if it's something more than that then please let us know.

chris

Absolutely. I just want it clear where we're up to in the process, and that we are not currently aware of any reason to hold the release further. Obviously that can change based on the presence of new information. I specifically want to avoid somebody knowing of a critical issue and avoiding telling us "because they'll look into it further next weekend" or some such.

Please note that you can also unpause the game while in Surveyor if you want to. This doesn't require a round trip to Driver.

From your description here, it sounds like you may just need to unpause the game for long enough that the signals get a chance to update, but if it's something more than that then please let us know.

chris

Thanks, Chris. I just never had a chance to check anything out after the install, and it just finished up late last night. With that said, I'll give this a check through. I'm playing around in Surveyor now without finding anything unusual.

I didn't know about the unpause in Surveyor. I'll check that out - I think you're right on that. :)

. . .
chris

Hi Chris.
Just to report that I have opened yesterday a support ticket #JWX-718-62506 on last Trainz plus build 103322 for an assertion "parent asset accessor released" followed by a crash to desktop when clicking continue and ignore errors. the ticket includes a screenshot of the assertion window and a copy of the crash dump data.
The problem seems to happen after editing a specific interlocking tower on a specific route and session (not reproductible on other towers or other routes and session) so may be caused by some interlocking tower data corrupted for this specific route, but in any case it should not cause a TRS19 crash but only an error message … May be better for your team to have a look to the assertion message and crashdump data before releasing the last release candidate.

I have also another problem with the last build version : I have a library that needs to do some asynchronous search to retrieve all interlocking towers objects on the route. The code that worked fine in previous release no longer works in last version as long as surveyor is in paused mode. Now I need under surveyor to toggle off the pause mode for the script code to terminate its asynchronous search. The code currently relies on an handler processing the asynchronous search complete message and then launching a thread to process the asynchronous search results. I wonder if the paused state may have an impact by delaying either the asynchronous search complete message or by delaying new thread creation request under surveyor in paused mode. May be you have some advices on which impact on scripts can have the paused mode under surveyor.

I don't think these problems are showtoppers as they concerns only one route and session for the crashdump and we have a bypass by releasing the paused mode under surveyor for the other problem. It concerns also only EIT code which is not very widely used, but you need to be aware that there are still a few side effects with last build code on existing EIT code.

Regards.
Pierre.

The problem seems to happen after editing a specific interlocking tower on a specific route and session (not reproductible on other towers or other routes and session)

Thanks. It sounds likely that we'll need the content in question.

I have a library that needs to do some asynchronous search to retrieve all interlocking towers objects on the route. The code that worked fine in previous release no longer works in last version as long as surveyor is in paused mode. Now I need under surveyor to toggle off the pause mode for the script code to terminate its asynchronous search. The code currently relies on an handler processing the asynchronous search complete message and then launching a thread to process the asynchronous search results. I wonder if the paused state may have an impact by delaying either the asynchronous search complete message or by delaying new thread creation request under surveyor in paused mode. May be you have some advices on which impact on scripts can have the paused mode under surveyor.

Great question! Without seeing the code in question, I can only speculate on what's going wrong. The two possibilities that immediately spring to mind are:
1. A problem in the native code, where the search isn't progressing properly while the game is paused. This is probably wrong, but it's not something that has been tested heavily in the past.
2. A problem in the script code, either your own code or in a helper function provided by us, where polling via a timed sleep is being used rather than proper event processing, or a timed message post is being used to delay some action. This will quite possibly run into problems while the game is paused, because time isn't progressing.

I don't think that there's any fundamental issue with performing script logic while paused, including regular message processing. I'd suggest you review your code for instances of #2 that might be relevant, and provide us with a repro case if you can't track it down so that we can investigate #1.

I don't think these problems are showtoppers as they concerns only one route and session for the crashdump and we have a bypass by releasing the paused mode under surveyor for the other problem.

I tend to agree, though it would be nice to track them further to be sure of the assumptions here.

chris​

Thanks. Let me know if find a way to repro this problem.

chris

Hi,

Checked and found out that if I couple a car or composition in Surveyor (moving existing car or composition and coupling to the loc) command cue is always empty when I return to driver.

Kind Regards
Darko

Checked and found out that if I couple a car or composition in Surveyor (moving existing car or composition and coupling to the loc) command cue is always empty when I return to driver.

Thanks. Useful info. I can see how that might happen. I can definitely see how it could be problematic in some cases. We'll review that one more closely to see how it can be improved - probably post-release though, unless we find a critical flaw with the current behaviour.

chris

Levitating Forest.

I've been editing, placing TurfFX grass, etc. and came upon a levitating forest which wasn't there in previous versions.

attachment.php

and:

attachment.php

I can tamp them down by:

1) Getting height in an area in the topology tool
2) Clicking on the ground using apply height.
3) Have to hit undo to prevent a hole in some places.

Attachments

• 2019-09-23 215620.jpg
    2019-09-23 215620.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 212
  • 2019-09-23 215934.jpg
    2019-09-23 215934.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 213
Back