Surveyor Flyout Tools/Menu Size

Galt77

Trainz Gurus,

Is there a way to resize the Surveyor Flyout on the right side of the screen? I'm finding it difficult to read the names of the items in the scrolling window when trying to select an item.

The eyes aren't what they used to be...

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Respectfully,
Shaun

Not from within Trainz itself.

It might be possible to change some of the Windows settings to increase the size by altering the resolution but that will depend on your graphic card and video settings. Windows does have a "magnifying glass" feature that might help. I do recall it being mentioned in these forums from time to time. Other than that, I have no proven suggestions.

AGREE___the dark motif pioneered by Microsoft does not help. It is now N3Vs design basis to maintain a low contrast visual environment. Making many menus difficult to read and to see the data variables. Why do they always object to using color differentiated menus? Reading too many trade publications suggesting that companies should adopt the dark Microsoft style. BUT Microsoft ain't no fool. They realize that some people/customers have difficulty discerning shades of black and grey. So they offer color options, or just plain DARK.

Perhaps, for me, the best example is the Navigate drop down. Fortunately only two black selections on a black background.
I would love to apologize if there, indeed is, a color option.

Hi Shaun,

You can use the windows program "Magnifier" to enlarge the area around the mouse. It starts docked to the top of the screen and is at 200% zoom. You can drag the window away from the top of the screen and it becomes a floating window that you can resize. It works well. There is a magnifying glass icon that lets you click to change the settings.
It is under Accessories / Ease of Use in Program Files.
William

Back