Contacting Some Content Creators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redington

Hello everyone,,
I'm still working on getting my route released, and all I need is some content authors' permission to release (for free, of course... the route will be freeware) some of their assets I had to modify for my route. I tried emailing all of them, but never got a reply from some, so I wanted to know if anyone knows the authors, if they're still active in the community, and if not, what the best thing to do with their content would be (whether it'd be fine to release my modified versions of the assets while giving them credit for the originals, or to replace them with something else). Some of the assets were released as long as 16 or 17 years ago, so I feel like some of the authors may not be active in the community anymore.

The authors in question include:

-denlog, aka Trainz666
-Edward W. Wells
-wiley4
-engfer

So if anyone knows how to contact them, and if not, the best way to deal with the content, I would appreciate any input. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Since halfway the above text there was a SPAM link to some currency website hidden in the text and this person has no registered game, I seriously doubt any of the above is remotely true. As a result I am locking this thread.

If this actually is sort of a real post:

• Ask yourself why you included SPAM in your post and don't do it again
  • Focus on getting your game registered to your account first. Without a game registered, most people will assume you have the game illegally and will not be willing to help you. If you have trouble with that, contact the Helpdesk via the link at the top of this page.
  • If you are not able to contact an author, you simply do NOT have permission to release his/her (modified) content. Note that copyright stays active for about 75 years (plus or minus a few, depending on the country).

Locked.

... and since his/her previous post also looked serious, yet was edited after 3 days only to include a SPAM link, this person is now banned and this topic will likely disappear to a trashcan soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back