Trainz Plus "Release Candidate" 103294 (PC) and 103295 (Mac) are now available

n3vpolsen

Administrator
Trainz Plus "Release Candidate" 103294 (PC) and 103295 (Mac) are now available

We've released the following patches:
* From 103250 to 103294 for PC users (20 MB)
* From 103249 to 103295 for Mac users (20 MB)
Patches are found using the Trainz Plus Beta stream.
Ensure that your current build number matches one of the options above.

Please note, we're currently short-staffed for the next week / 2 weeks and apoligise in advance if you encounter any problems. As always you should post back on this thread and we'll address any concerns asap.

The changelist for this build is as follows:

FIXED
We believe that the items listed here are fixed. If you were having this issue in a previous beta, you should retest and confirm that it is indeed fixed for your use-case. If you were having a similar issue that you feel is distinct from the issue described here, you should retest and bring any differences to our attention so that we're not dismissing the report as being the same as an issue that is already fixed.
* Interacting with cameras should now operate as expected when the game is paused.
* Fixed a rare crash in PhysX when precaching content.
* The "Decouple" tool in Surveyor should no longer leave the coupler icons visible on screen after use.
* Loading a game or session which had been saved with older Driver Command assets should no longer result in those Driver Commands becoming unavailable, instead updating them to the newer installed version.
* Chase Camera mode should no longer receive unwanted position adjustments on exiting tunnels.

NO CHANGE EXPECTED AT THIS TIME
The following items are recent reports which we do not intend to fix for the upcoming Trainz Plus release, typically because they are existing issues which are not directly relevant to the focus of this release. Items on this list will likely but addressed in the future, but we do not provide a specific timeframe.
* Once a session has been assigned a thumbnail, resaving it does not update the thumbnail.
* The game pauses while prompting whether to save, but resumes operation before prompting to overwrite.
* Ctrl-= not behaving as expected.
* Coupling vehicles may cause the vehicles to snap into position.
* Under some configurations, the "my collection" screen thumbnails reload repeatedly.

Last edited:
Thank you for the recent changes to the Save Session dialog (default name for Save New Session) and for making Pause the default in Edit Session.

My only other request in this area would be to have the name of the session which is to be overwritten displayed in the filename box when the overwrite box is selected. Right now it always shows the default name for Save New Session. Overwriting the wrong session could be very annoying if you overwrite all the initial positions of the consists by accident.

Glenn

Why, for the same train in the same driver session, the "Stop Train" command at top sometimes becomes "Halt Train" at bottom? What's the difference if any?

Patch to Build 103294 proceeded with no problems. Preliminary tests with the latest version of the GCR V15 route appear to be OK.
Thanks to N3V for all their work with TSR19.

Peter.

Thanks for the screenshot. That list shows the Driver Command assets exposed by the session in question. I don't believe that "Halt Train" command is one of ours, so your best bet would probably be to ask the creator.

"Stop Train", on the other hand, sounds like the built-in command which simply stops the currently executing Driver Command.

Right and wrong. For starters, we have reason to believe that the bug you are reporting here, and the bug that Tony was referring to as fixed, are likely different bugs (despite both relating to those keys). Secondly, I said that we would not be fixing it for the upcoming Trainz Plus release; I said nothing about what might have been done internally.

chris

Right and wrong. For starters, we have reason to believe that the bug you are reporting here, and the bug that Tony was referring to as fixed, are likely different bugs (despite both relating to those keys).

I reported it was not fixed in 103221 to what Tony_Hilliam replied (https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...(PC)-and-103219-(Mac)-are-now-available/page2 post #17): "it looks like the Ctrl =/- fixes have not been integrated into this beta." For me, that means this is the same bug.

Weird: I could exit all tunnels of the Sebino Lake route without any camera issue, same on a freeware route, and then on the Cornish Mainline route... the issue is back when exiting the tunnel west of Truro!

One of Ctrl N issues: names displayed only for the parked consists.

k0AAp.jpg

Weird: I could exit all tunnels of the Sebino Lake route without any camera issue, same on a freeware route, and then on the Cornish Mainline route... the issue is back when exiting the tunnel west of Truro!

The engineer working on this indicates that behavior should be as it was prior to Q2. This doesn't mean that you can push the camera into the ground, and an attempt to do so will result in the camera being repositioned. The way that exiting a tunnel works is that there is a timer during which the camera will stay in "tunnel mode" after which it will return to standard chase mode. If that timer expires before you get clear of the ground (either because your train is moving slowly, or because the camera is sufficiently zoomed out) then your camera will be repositioned as soon as you return to chase mode.

Let me know if you believe that the current behavior doesn't match the above.

chris

Back