Not able to hear any sounds from Trainz 2019

cbdaz

Hello, I have turned on the sound settings in the Settings window. I hear music from my computer using my headphones, but when I am running Trainz 2019, I don't hear any sounds.
Does anyone have any solutions?
Thanks.

Hi cbdaz
A couple of things you can try. You will need to have Trainz open when you do this.

The first is to right click on the speaker icon on your taskbar, then click on 'open volume mixer'.

In the volume mixer, scroll across till you find TRS19. Please make sure the volume is set to a suitable level here, and that the sound is not muted.

If this does not resolve the issue, then please try going into TRS19 and then click on the 'system menu' button (3 horizontal bars) at the top left of the screen. Now click on 'settings', then click on 'sound settings'. Please ensure that the volume here is set to a suitable level.

Regards

Hi cbdaz
A couple of things you can try. You will need to have Trainz open when you do this.

The first is to right click on the speaker icon on your taskbar, then click on 'open volume mixer'.

In the volume mixer, scroll across till you find TRS19. Please make sure the volume is set to a suitable level here, and that the sound is not muted.

If this does not resolve the issue, then please try going into TRS19 and then click on the 'system menu' button (3 horizontal bars) at the top left of the screen. Now click on 'settings', then click on 'sound settings'. Please ensure that the volume here is set to a suitable level.

Regards

Hello Zec,
I opened the Volume Mixer while Trainz was running. The volume is set to 70%? I recently purchased Trainz 2019. All my Sound Settings are set properly. Could it be that the tutorials don't have sound?
Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
I have a similar problem with Trainz not linking to the audio correctly even though other programs are still producing sounds. For me it happens about 10% of the times I open Trainz.

When you opened the volume mixer did you actually see Trainz19 shown with its own slider or did you mean the speaker volume was set to 70%? When I get no Trainz sounds, there is no slider for it in the volume mixer. Sometimes just exiting Trainz and restarting makes it work. Sometimes I actually have to reboot. Most times Trainz produces sounds along with Spotify and a video stream (3 monitors) and I just mute the individual programs.

Just checked one of the tutorials and it does have all sounds functioning.

Glenn

I have a similar problem with Trainz not linking to the audio correctly even though other programs are still producing sounds. For me it happens about 10% of the times I open Trainz.

When you opened the volume mixer did you actually see Trainz19 shown with its own slider or did you mean the speaker volume was set to 70%? When I get no Trainz sounds, there is no slider for it in the volume mixer. Sometimes just exiting Trainz and restarting makes it work. Sometimes I actually have to reboot. Most times Trainz produces sounds along with Spotify and a video stream (3 monitors) and I just mute the individual programs.

Just checked one of the tutorials and it does have all sounds functioning.

Glenn

Hi Glenn, thanks for responding. It is the Trainz volume mixer that is set at 70%

Problem resolved

Hi Glenn, thanks for responding. It is the Trainz volume mixer that is set at 70%

Thanks for helping! I downloaded the Windows 10 update. Took a long time but this resolved my problem!
I now have sound.

Glad you got it sorted. Fixing hardware/software interactions that aren't universal can be very difficult to sort out. Enjoy your newfound audio, but you may find that this is one of the weaker aspects of the whole Trainz experience.

Glenn

Thanks for helping! I downloaded the Windows 10 update. Took a long time but this resolved my problem!
I now have sound.

Thanks Glenn, I see that you have been aTrainz user for a long time. Do you have any pointers or good beginner tutorials I should watch?

Back