Complex scenarios, objectives, 'call raw materials/empties'

acyunczyk

Virtual railroader
Hello,
I'm working on a small route involving the aluminium plant from 'Marias Pass Route X.' Does anyone know how the creators were able to make trains of raw materials or empties appear on-demand? Based on my experience, portals only do set intervals. This is the same as the random points along the route in the scenarios where opposing trains generate. Similar question: I'd like to make scenarios with objectives, like those on builtin or JR routes.

You can use an instant load command. There are two kinds - sorry I'm not at my Trainzing PC to check the KUIDs. One type is just whatever is the default type for the freight car. The other is a specific commodity. I think the latter kind is most useful for you.

Since this is a driver-command, you can have the AI driver instantly load the ore or whatever. I use this all the time to stuff coal hoppers off the route I've been playing with.

You can use an instant load command. There are two kinds - sorry I'm not at my Trainzing PC to check the KUIDs. One type is just whatever is the default type for the freight car. The other is a specific commodity. I think the latter kind is most useful for you.

Since this is a driver-command, you can have the AI driver instantly load the ore or whatever. I use this all the time to stuff coal hoppers off the route I've been playing with.
Thanks for the advice. However, the kind of scenario is one that could be indefinite. There doesn't seem to be an 'origin' industry for either the aluminium ore or green coke.

If the trains are originating from portals, then the Quick Portal Manager rule (author pguy) allows you to specify a time and optionally repeating schedule for emitting each train. Note that the consists have to be pre-defined for use with this rule.

Another option, but only suitable for a very limited number of trains, would be to create a new layer called, e.g., ''Hidden" and position your consist of choice on that layer. Then make that layer hidden by default. In your session rules you could then use the Show/Hide Layer driver command to unhide the hidden layer based on a given event (time, trigger, etc.).

There are probably several other ways to skin this particular cat. I don't have the route in question so cannot say what was done in the original sessions.

Regards,
John

You can call trains with trigger, track marks and the unportal rule. Set up a empty train in a unportal rule and also set up a trigger and trackmark for this. When you or the AI reached this track mark your empty train arrives.

Hi

It's been a long time since I ran Marias Pass but if I remember correctly they used Un-portals to produce consists when required by using triggers to determine when they should be produced.

Edit: Beaten to it above

Regards

Brian

Last edited:
Back