How do you delete "unknown assets"?

wflint

In CM, the "Status" of my route is "Modified, Missing Dependencies".

When I "List Dependencies" for the route, there are no faulty or missing dependencies listed.

I do have three "unknown assets" that I suspect are the problem but I am unable to delete them.

Any one know how to delete the "unknown assets"?

Thanks.

Any one know how to delete the "unknown assets"?

You can't delete the assets (they are unknown - there's nothing to delete) but you can remove them from the route.

Open the route for editing in Surveyor and select Delete Missing Assets from the main menu.

You can't delete the assets (they are unknown - there's nothing to delete) but you can remove them from the route.

Open the route for editing in Surveyor and select Delete Missing Assets from the main menu.

Thanks, SailorDan. That worked, but the route status in CM is still "Modified, Missing Dependencies".
Again, when I "list Dependencies" for the route, I still show the "unknown Assets" and none of the assets are missing dependencies.

So, I still need to find the missing dependencies that the route requires.

Any ideas?

Sorry if this is not helpful, but he would need to save under his own userID right? So then the original would still show in CM as missing assets. So, the choices would be ignore it and use your saved route, delete the original route and just keep the one you saved, or, could you delete the assets out of config.txt for the original route, or would that not work?

Thanks, SailorDan. That worked, but the route status in CM is still "Modified, Missing Dependencies".
When you saved the route, did you save it as the original route, or as a new route? If you saved it as the original route then the removed missing assets will no longer be listed as dependencies of the route. If that's not what is happening then you should describe what you are doing, exactly, step by step.

If you saved it as a new route then the original route will still show the missing dependencies, but the new route will not.

Finding the missing dependencies is a different solution. If that's what you want to do then do not remove missing dependencies. You can search the www, or use a facility where all the searching has already been done for you:
https://www.trainzkuidindex.com/

Also, check for earlier versions of the missing asset - eg for <kuid2:1234:5678:1> look for <kuid:1234:5678>. If you find it, increment the version to the missing one. That also sometimes works in CM (even though it shouldn't be required).

When you saved the route, did you save it as the original route, or as a new route? If you saved it as the original route then the removed missing assets will no longer be listed as dependencies of the route. If that's not what is happening then you should describe what you are doing, exactly, step by step.

If you saved it as a new route then the original route will still show the missing dependencies, but the new route will not.

Finding the missing dependencies is a different solution. If that's what you want to do then do not remove missing dependencies. You can search the www, or use a facility where all the searching has already been done for you:
https://www.trainzkuidindex.com/

Also, check for earlier versions of the missing asset - eg for <kuid2:1234:5678:1> look for <kuid:1234:5678>. If you find it, increment the version to the missing one. That also sometimes works in CM (even though it shouldn't be required).

Thank You!
Thought I had saved the route after deleting missing assets but apparently not.

As you both suggested, after saving, "Missing dependencies" warning disappeared! :D

Thank you SailorDan and Dinoriuos. I'll file this one away for future use.

Back