Crashing to Desktop in a session?

MetCam101

EDIT: sim crashes when the player train hits 65mph. everytime without fail.

Hi all,

Quite frustrated, but I think this may be a simple question/answer scenario.

So I bought TRS2019 a few days ago, bought a lot of stuff and downloaded a lot of stuff and started playing with it.

I did a session on the Cornish route the other night, no issues at all. no crashes or anything, runs well with the settings being sympathetic for my system. I have tried driving a session on Edinburgh to King's cross and on the S&C, then about 5 mins in the game just stops and crashes to desktop, no warning messages, no reasons, nothing.

Now, my summation is that since I only have 8GB of ram, the game is running out of RAM and then just crashing to desktop?

System specs as follows:

i5-4670K @3.40GHz
8GB HyperX DDR3 Fury ram @ 1600mhz
EVGA GT1050Ti
500gb SSD (system drive)
2TB HDD (where the game and all stuff pertaining is stored)

I have turned down the graphics settings already as I didn't really know what to set up the visuals to, so I basically just turned shadows down and tweaked here and there and it runs fine. But when I run the aforementioned routes, it crashes.

any help or feedback would be appreciated. I will admit, if this is a RAM issue, I'm heavily surprised a program such as TRS2019 is so RAM intensive.

Many thanks.

Last edited:
Ok, well since there are no replies....

I have tried doing some digging about myself. I have had task manager open and set up a Quick Drive on the Edinburgh dundee route.

I got drivng after messing about putting down stock, and low and behold it crashed to desktop. From what I saw though, the CPU wasn't maxed out, and neither was the RAM. out of my existing 8GB, only 5GB was being utilised, which is fine.

However, the GPU spiked to 100% upon the game crashing. so I don't know if this is some kind of Trainz issue or Graphics driver issue?

again any help would be gratefully received.

EDIT: Just realised, the speed hits 65mph and the game crashes. each time it's when it's hit 65mph. I just thought about what constants there were, any ideas why it crashes at 65mph?

Last edited:
Back