What Trainz game has Trains in use by Queensland Rail?

electronicarmy

Hi, I'm looking to get an apprenticeship for Queensland Rail and was told on the trainsims subreddit that one of the Trainz games features QR Trains as added content. The models are: EMU100, ICE150, SMU200, IMU100, SMU220, IMU120, IMU160, SMU260 and preferably the new NGR700. Assuming the Redditor was correct which Trainz game should I get to have time with one of these models?

Here's a link to the trains on wikipedia if you'd like to see them for yourselves: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queensland_Rail#Rolling_stock

Last edited:
Hi, I'm looking to get an apprenticeship for Queensland Rail and was told on the trainsims subreddit that one of the Trainz games features QR Trains as added content. The models are: EMU100, ICE150, SMU200, IMU100, SMU220, IMU120, IMU160, SMU260 and preferably the new NGR700. Assuming the Redditor was correct which Trainz game should I get to have time with one of these models?

Here's a link to the trains on wikipedia if you'd like to see them for yourselves: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queensland_Rail#Rolling_stock

Welcome mate and good luck with QR.

You may find more Queensland routes by following the 'Australian Screenshots' thread. I know there are several guys working on Qld routes.

Cheers,
Roy

There is of-course the built-in route Wallangarra to Warwick. I'm sure there are others but I'm not aware of them.

In all truth, I doubt mentioning playing on a train game is going to cut much weight with a prototype rail company. Any routes are an approximation of the real thing as is train performance and physics.

In all truth, I doubt mentioning playing on a train game is going to cut much weight with a prototype rail company. Any routes are an approximation of the real thing as is train performance and physics.

I agree.
If looking for an apprenticeship I would guess the OP would still be at school and probably in the last couple of years. It would be better researching QR's apprenticeship requirements such as maths and relevant science subjects.

You might also consider an engineering degree, maybe electrical or mechanical. That would make you more employable in other industries.

Back