Central Portal Control Does not work

Paul_Bert

Train Enthusiast
I canot ge the built-in central portal control to work. This is what I did and this is what happens.

I create a new route and session on a new single baseboard. I lay several pieces of track and attach the built-in portal <kuid-25:1265> to the end of the track. I place a track mark at the other end of the track and call it test.
I now edit the central portal control. I assign a locomotive, a driver and give it instructions to drive to "test". The central portal conrol assigns this to portal 1 and index 0, since this is the only portal I have.
I save this route and session and exit. I then re-enter the session. When I now go to edit the central portal control I find that it indicates Index 0 and portal "ERROR" instead of my portal 1.

What is going wrong here?

I canot ge the built-in central portal control to work. This is what I did and this is what happens.

I create a new route and session on a new single baseboard. I lay several pieces of track and attach the built-in portal <kuid-25:1265> to the end of the track. I place a track mark at the other end of the track and call it test.
I now edit the central portal control. I assign a locomotive, a driver and give it instructions to drive to "test". The central portal conrol assigns this to portal 1 and index 0, since this is the only portal I have.
I save this route and session and exit. I then re-enter the session. When I now go to edit the central portal control I find that it indicates Index 0 and portal "ERROR" instead of my portal 1.

What is going wrong here?

I always place all track, signals, stations, track-markers, crossings, portals (and name all the portals) into the Route.

I then create and name a Session. Then edit the session and add your Central Portal Control, adding all driver commands, then save the session.

Exit.

Then go to route > View Sessions > Drive Session ..... Al does the rest.

I think your problem may be in the 'naming' of your Portal.

Good luck
Roy

Back