Point of View - Horizontal?

boleyd

I have used Trainz for years but a very annoying item is the Point of View. If I multiple click the Down Arrow the view eventually becomes horizontal at ground level. If I click the Up Arrow the point of view remains at ground level and I am always looking down on that point. I would like a simple feature that raises my View Point and also raises the Point of View in a corresponding amount to provide a true horizontal view of the scene. I have fiddled but never been able to have the view point (camera) horizontal at all heights. It is always looking at a point on the ground where you last clicked/selected. I was hoping someone had a way to view horizontally regardless of the height of the viewpoint/ camera...:':)'(

Hi Boleyd
You can achieve this in TRS19 in Surveyor by using the 'fly' and 'walk' modes. These are accessed by pressing ALT + Y (walk) or ALT + U (fly) whilst in Surveyor. To exit these views, press ESC. Note, no tools are available whilst in these views.

In Trainz Plus, these views (plus others) are now available in Driver mode. In Surveyor mode (at least in the latest Trainz Plus beta release), all 'free roam' type camera views can be used whilst using the Surveyor tools.

Regards

Back