Trainz Plus "Release Candidate" 103221 (PC) and 103219 (Mac) are now available

n3vpolsen

Administrator
Trainz Plus "Release Candidate" 103221 (PC) and 103219 (Mac) are now available

We're getting close to the official release of the next Trainz Plus update. The new beta build is stable but still has "assertions enabled" (meaning that you may see some warning messages used by our developers for identifying possible code issues)

We've released the following patches:
* From 102894 to 103221 for PC users (20 MB)
* From 100464 to 103221 for PC users (2.8 GB)
* From 100438 to 103219 for Mac users (2.8 GB)

Patches are found using the Trainz Plus Beta stream.
Ensure that your current build number matches one of the options above.

Known issues:
Tool tabs can sometimes not open on loading a session from CM (workaround - switch into Driver and back again)
CXMenu assertion. Several of these may appear on start-up or shutdown. They are harmless and you can click Continue and Ignore.

Important Notes:
We've updated the wiki to explain the important changes found in "Trainz Plus Update 2". http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Unified_Driver_Surveyor

Please read this page thoroughly so that you have a good understanding of how things operate in the latest version and what has changed from "standard TRS19".

Last edited by a moderator:
Downloaded without problems version 103221.

One isssue still exists which was also present in version 102894. When you are in the main menu and open the Driver/Survor mode the main screen has two major sections. The left portion is for a description and details on the route and session. The right hand part of the screeen shows the screen shot for the route.
When I have been in the surveyor and route mode driving the trains and then exit the driver mode The entire main screen is filled with the screen shot. The left hand part showing the description is absent. I have to exit back to the main menu and then re-enter the driver surveor tab to get the proper screen.The behavior is correct in build 100464.

Thanks for the report Paul - task added.

Note: You can also just click on any other route to reset the display to the split mode.

Last edited:
• Ctrl = and Ctrl + still not working.
• Camera issue after exiting tunnels still present.
• Camera issue when resuming a driver session still present.
• In Driver, still unable to save the Driver session if "Edit Trains" (train tab) has been used.

Last edited:
Just installed 103219 (Mac), but when starting get the message "Unable to authorize this product ... check your MyTrainz account details (...) in Launcher > Settings > ".
Those settings are correct, now what?

P.S. No such problem with 103221 (PC).

Last edited:
Installed early this morning without issue and finished up the DBR at 0200. Will test later.

Still confused about the saving process even after reading the new "Unified Driver Surveyor" writeup mentioned in the email. This is my confusion and I quote from one of the bullet points under the Save Session Options:

"Or, if you want to keep your "original start position" for the session, but save your progress as well, then choose "Create a New Session" " I want to save my "original start point" after I make changes, however Creating a New Session does not seem to do this. It saves my progress. If I go back to the "original start position" session it does not include any of the changes I made. So I am back to my original question: How do I make changes in surveyor, save them, and preserve the original start position. The answer seems to be you cannot do this.

The other issue I am having is that after I run in the driver mode, go into the surveyor mode, go back into the driver mode, and then finally Create a New Session and then exit if I then try to go back into the "Edit Session" mode it opens up in the driver mode with all the trains running. This is not want I wanted. I wanted to be back into a static surveyor mode.

Last edited:
I also have the same problem of not being authorized after updating. This is so frustrating. I had the whole day to "play Trainz" and had to do laundry instead. Would have much rather been doing work on my maps.

Last edited:
Still confused about the saving process even after reading the new "Unified Driver Surveyor" writeup mentioned in the email. This is my confusion and I quote from one of the bullet points under the Save Session Options:

"Or, if you want to keep your "original start position" for the session, but save your progress as well, then choose "Create a New Session" " I want to save my "original start point" after I make changes, however Creating a New Session does not seem to do this. It saves my progress. If I go back to the "original start position" session it does not include any of the changes I made. So I am back to my original question: How do I make changes in surveyor, save them, and preserve the original start position. The answer seems to be you cannot do this.

The other issue I am having is that after I run in the driver mode, go into the surveyor mode, go back into the driver mode, and then finally Create a New Session and then exit if I then try to go back into the "Edit Session" mode it opens up in the driver mode with all the trains running. This is not want I wanted. I wanted to be back into a static surveyor mode.

Hi

I have the same observations. And some commands stop working when saved session is started in Drive session.

Kind Regards
Darko

The simplest way to look at things is that Surveyor and Driver are now just two ways of interacting with the same world. Any changes you make in one will affect the other. There’s nothing more complicated going on than that, and everything else is just an attempt to explain the gotchas you might run into if you’re still thinking of things as they were in the old model.

chris

The simplest way to look at things is that Surveyor and Driver are now just two ways of interacting with the same world. Any changes you make in one will affect the other. There’s nothing more complicated going on than that, and everything else is just an attempt to explain the gotchas you might run into if you’re still thinking of things as they were in the old model.

chris

So is this an accurate assessment of the new build. If I start out in either surveyor or driver with two consists located at points A and B and do some driving and fixing of stuff in surveyor there is no way to save the changes I made in surveyor then exit the game and restart it again with the two consists at points A and B. So in reality if I want to always start my driving session with the consists located at points A and B I cannot in fact make any changes at all in the surveyor mode while using the unified driver capability. The only way in the new version to achieve this is the old way. Open up in Surveyor mode, make changes and then save. Then open up the driver mode and run the consists and when I am done exit in the driver mode. Any changes I see while running the route I still have to make a note of, exit driver, open up in surveyor mode, make the changes, save in surveyor mode, exit and then re- enter the driver mode where I will find my consists still at points A and B.

Perhaps I am the only one who likes to always start with my consists at points A and B every time I restart the driver. If this is in fact the case the unified driver surveyor version is of no value to me.

Or you could of course just reset the consists back to their starting positions once you’re done making other changes. But you’re correct that we don’t currently offer an automated way to perform this; it’s something we have on the cards for a future update but definitely won’t make it into the current update.

Thinking of it the other way around, you could also spend hours or days driving, making small corrections, partially resetting the trains to retest specific areas, etc. and then finally- once you’ve driven your session from beginning to end and are happy with the final result, you can place the trains into their permanent start locations.

If you’re already happy that the session is playable beginning to end and are just making temporary changes while playing, there’s absolutely no requirement for you to overwrite your original session. You can save out your game state separately as before, regardless of what surveyor or driver changes may have been applied, but return to the pristine state of the session once you’re done.

chris

Actually, I think what you're after is quite possible.

My understanding of what you're trying to do is update the ROUTE, so as long as you're making route layer edits, and you choose Save route, do not save session, you'll have exactly what you're after.

1. Start with a route with a loop track and single loco in "12 o'clock" on the route.
2. Drive Session, switch to Surveyor, paint the terrain, raise the terrain, add new track, new signals, new scenery
3. You can either have the train paused while doing the edits or not - that's up to you.
4. Switch back to driver
5. Train is now at 6 o'clock and you're done editing and driving
6. Exit and Save > Overwrite existing route + Do not save session.
7. From the menu, Drive session again.
8. You loco is where you want it, and your route layer edits are maintained.

I've updated the wiki page with a [hopefully] clearer picture of what was meant about the Save new option.

Or, if you don't want to lose the "original start position" for the session, then choose "Create a New Session"
NOTE: This means you now have two sessions saved - the old one has the original start positions, and the new one has the current saved positions.

Last edited:
HPL - it looks like the Ctrl =/- fixes have not been integrated into this beta.
Can you expand on the "cannot Save after using Edit Trains" (or point me to where it is explained in detail). Thanks

hkoster1 - Just installed 103219 (Mac), but when starting get the message "Unable to authorize this product
>>
Try again now. Should be good to go.

Last edited:
Tony,

I'm very fond of 2019, but like in a marriage there are problems.

None of the 50 "(TS12)" assets have been built-in to the latest build and they are not available from the DLS. I was wondering why the latest (today) was giving me problems when the release version seemed perfect, this is probably a large part of the problem.

Please make sure that all the original 'built-ins' are loaded with the next build or preferably a quick patch. I can't imagine that they were omitted deliberately.

Peter

Back