Cars, Buses, Tractor-Trailers... Oh my.... (again)

1611mac

- - . -
An area of TRS19 that needs lots of improvement is the road and road traffic aspect.... Everyone discusses PBR, Clutter, and this and that. I'd simply like to have road traffic that doesn't run through and over each other and run through my train! (And honk continuously) I'm at the point where I think I want to just completely dis-able road traffic. It's painful to watch a tractor trailer pull into an intersection, suddenly rotate 90 degrees, and then suddenly take off again.

Does anyone know? Is anything being done in the area of the game? I've seen other comments in the forums but I can't think of any comment on this by N3V (other than the new Carz camera feature in the works that puts your camera IN the vehicle - Will I be able to watch myself drive thru a train??)

Thanks in advance for replies.

We're not working in this area currently, but we're well aware that there's an opportunity to improve here.

My son keeps asking for a bus, for starters ;-)

chris

Speaking only for myself (obviously) I'd much rather have a properly behaved automobile than one on the rampage that I can jump into (Carz camera mode).

Thanks for your reply. Appreciate it much.

You can try a different region, or modify one that to have fewer vehicles so they don't cluster up.

One of the things I would like to see is control over the traffic at the road level. We can already set the car-rate (carrate "n") in the config.txt so why not be able to specify a type of traffic on a particular road. This can be used to "direct traffic" so that big tractor-trailers don't drive down backstreets in quiet neighborhoods. To get around this now, I have cloned various roads so there are no-traffic versions and use the no-traffic versions on the backstreets with static vehicles placed strategically as I want.

Can you explain how to access the camera in car mode in TRS2019. I remember using that function in old versions but not in recent versions. Thanks.

There are drivable cars, buses, lorries, boats, planes and trams plus others. They all need invisible track to run on. I have a route with all these assets running together. No vehicle should run through a train if set up right.

Thank you 1611mac. I hope we can see these camera options implemented soon in TRS2019. As I recall in old versions, the camera on car mode was accessed with some obscure keystrokes.

Back