Nvidia control panel - 3D settings

cisso

quelques pieds sous terre
Hi everyone,

I just changed my computer and installed windows 10, running with SSD and Nvidia RTX 2070. I'm slowly migrating from TZ2010 to TZ19 and I was wondering what kind of 3D settings I have to change to avoid those ugly visual effects on TZ2010? (I still want to play TZ2010 a bit more before playing only on TZ19).
cisso-20190911-0002.jpg

My video settings
cisso-20190911-0001.jpg

Nvidia control panel (sorry it's in french)
Sans-titre.jpg

Thanks for your help and advices.

Hi everyone,

I just changed my computer and installed windows 10, running with SSD and Nvidia RTX 2070. I'm slowly migrating from TZ2010 to TZ19 and I was wondering what kind of 3D settings I have to change to avoid those ugly visual effects on TZ2010? (I still want to play TZ2010 a bit more before playing only on TZ19).

My video settings

Nvidia control panel (sorry it's in french)

Thanks for your help and advices.

{Images removed}

For these things you want to fix, you need to play with the anti alias and ansitrophic settings. For overall performance set the power to maximum performance so the video card doesn't slow down.

Outside of that leave everything else alone. I have found over the years that the other settings can impact the performance rather than help.

This is the rule I have followed for all Trainz versions since i started.

For more performance, turn off and uninstall the G-Force Experience. That is a network and system hog that will waste your CPU time and kill the machine performance. NVidia has it in their mind that broadcasting and video recording is a priority over good performance. When I killed that off, I noticed a marked improvement not only with all Trainz versions including TS12 (I no longer have TS10 installed), as well as other games such as Cities Skylines and Arma 3.

Not forgetting you need DirectX9c installing for Win10 and make sure you are using DirectX and not OpenGL.

Not forgetting you need DirectX9c installing for Win10 and make sure you are using DirectX and not OpenGL.
I downloaded directx 9 standalone version as the web version didn't allow me to install it on windows 10. It's specified directx9 and I don't know if it's the last version 9.0c. I have run the dxdiag but it only tells me that DX12 is installed.
TZ is already using directx and not opengl.

@JCitron: I tried at first to let trainz handle everything with anisotropy set to 16 and antialias set to 4. This is the result:
1.jpg

Then replace every trainz settings (trainz anisotropy and antialias set to 0). Nvidia settings set to 8 and 16:
2.jpg

Then improve trainz settings (trainz anisotropy set to 16 and antialias set to 4). Nvidia settings set to 4 and 16 (to be the same as trainz):
3.jpg

First and last screen are exactly the same so I guess Nvidia settings don't improve anything...I remember when years ago I had ATI Radeon, the graphics were better so I assume I'm missing something...

I downloaded directx 9 standalone version as the web version didn't allow me to install it on windows 10. It's specified directx9 and I don't know if it's the last version 9.0c. I have run the dxdiag but it only tells me that DX12 is installed.
TZ is already using directx and not opengl.

@JCitron: I tried at first to let trainz handle everything with anisotropy set to 16 and antialias set to 4. This is the result:

Then replace every trainz settings (trainz anisotropy and antialias set to 0). Nvidia settings set to 8 and 16:

Then improve trainz settings (trainz anisotropy set to 16 and antialias set to 4). Nvidia settings set to 4 and 16 (to be the same as trainz):

First and last screen are exactly the same so I guess Nvidia settings don't improve anything...I remember when years ago I had ATI Radeon, the graphics were better so I assume I'm missing something...

You will need to select the antialiasing mode on your nVidia control panel and select "override any application settings". Hope that helps.

Back