green moving pixels

leksie

Hi everyone ,

I'm running trainz12 under W10 with a Nvidea RTX 2080 ti
How ever if i use a HDMI Cable the monitor shows with trainz playing green moving pixels .

my monitor is a LG 27MP35 , is the monitor not suitable ?

Green moving pixels is caused by a bad connection somewhere or a faulty component on the video card.

1) Line noise.

If your HDMI cable has a bad wire inside, perhaps on the ground line in the shielding, this can cause twinkles.

2) A loose connector.

This can be on the video card its self due to a cold solder joints on the address lines somewhere, or the connector on the HDMI cable.

3) A bad component on the video card.

A bad chip or capacitor on that particular port interface can have an open or be out of spec. As the temperatures change, this can cause things to happen, or in some cases happen right away.

4) A short...

A rare thing, but it can happen from a bad cable, dirt or garbage in the connector, or on the video card.

Before you panic, I would replace the cable. The issue can be as simple as a faulty, cable causing an open or a short. This is the cheapest and easiest thing to try before looking elsewhere.

======

This problem brings back some memories for me! Way back, and I mean way back in the mid-1980s (I'm old), I used to repair video terminals. On one particular model, there was an array of buffer chips to output the data on to the screen. We had some terminals that had a problem with blinking stripes and dots on them. The problem was traced back, by me actually (pats self on back), to the output buffer circuit that was driven by a crystal oscillator and a flip-flop (74F74) chip. What was interesting is the problem went away if the chip was changed, which meant the circuit was out of spec, or marginally out of spec, and the problem also went away if the oscilloscope probe was placed on the buffer chip clock input. These chips were parallel shift-register buffer chips (74F266), that would clock the data through them and out through the video-controller circuit. Since the problem was with the clock circuit, it was resolved by placing a very small 15 pf (pico-Farad) capacitor on the clock input on the 74F266.

Thanks for sparking a memory in a weird way!

If not the HDMI cable, there are apparently different types.

From Googling the manual, suggest study it carefully but may be this?

Any horizontal noise appearing in
any image or characters are not
clearly portrayed.
Press the AUTO button to automatically adjust your display image to
the ideal setting.
Check Control Panel ► Display ► Settings and adjust the display
to the recommended resolution or adjust the display image to the ideal
setting. Set the color setting higher than 24 bits (true color).

Or this.

On the screen background, vertical
bars or stripes are visible.
the ideal setting.

There are also settings for Overscan and Black level which appear to be HDMI related.

Green moving pixels is caused by a bad connection somewhere or a faulty component on the video card.

1) Line noise.

If your HDMI cable has a bad wire inside, perhaps on the ground line in the shielding, this can cause twinkles.

2) A loose connector.

This can be on the video card its self due to a cold solder joints on the address lines somewhere, or the connector on the HDMI cable.

3) A bad component on the video card.

A bad chip or capacitor on that particular port interface can have an open or be out of spec. As the temperatures change, this can cause things to happen, or in some cases happen right away.

4) A short...

A rare thing, but it can happen from a bad cable, dirt or garbage in the connector, or on the video card.

Before you panic, I would replace the cable. The issue can be as simple as a faulty, cable causing an open or a short. This is the cheapest and easiest thing to try before looking elsewhere.

======

This problem brings back some memories for me! Way back, and I mean way back in the mid-1980s (I'm old), I used to repair video terminals. On one particular model, there was an array of buffer chips to output the data on to the screen. We had some terminals that had a problem with blinking stripes and dots on them. The problem was traced back, by me actually (pats self on back), to the output buffer circuit that was driven by a crystal oscillator and a flip-flop (74F74) chip. What was interesting is the problem went away if the chip was changed, which meant the circuit was out of spec, or marginally out of spec, and the problem also went away if the oscilloscope probe was placed on the buffer chip clock input. These chips were parallel shift-register buffer chips (74F266), that would clock the data through them and out through the video-controller circuit. Since the problem was with the clock circuit, it was resolved by placing a very small 15 pf (pico-Farad) capacitor on the clock input on the 74F266.

Thanks for sparking a memory in a weird way!

Thanks John ,

Those are a lot of causus but i will start with the cable .
However every thing is new . Even the cable .

Lex

If not the HDMI cable, there are apparently different types.

From Googling the manual, suggest study it carefully but may be this?

Any horizontal noise appearing in
any image or characters are not
clearly portrayed.
the ideal setting.
Check Control Panel ► Display ► Settings and adjust the display
to the recommended resolution or adjust the display image to the ideal
setting. Set the color setting higher than 24 bits (true color).

Or this.

On the screen background, vertical
bars or stripes are visible.
the ideal setting.

There are also settings for Overscan and Black level which appear to be HDMI related.

Thanks Malc ,

I will try also your solutions .

So , don't call me , i'm busy for the first two day's .

Lex

New doesn't mean good. Also, don't buy an HDMI cable at your local dollar store. I would definitely try a cable first: after making sure connections are tight. Sometimes, just inserting and removing the cable a few times will tend to clear dirt / tarnish out.

New doesn't mean good. Also, don't buy an HDMI cable at your local dollar store. I would definitely try a cable first: after making sure connections are tight. Sometimes, just inserting and removing the cable a few times will tend to clear dirt / tarnish out.

Thanks autodctr , i wil do that .

Problem solved , i both me another cable and no green pixels anymore .

Thanks again !

Back