Priority?

boleyd

TRS19 -- how do I assign a priority to a train? Are there a range of priorities? Probably a dumb question but-----:eek:

Up to T:ANE, there are 3 priority settings (19 should be the same). You can set it two ways: In Surveyor, just click on the loco properties and set the number. In driver do the same. Once set, that loco should retain the setting even when you have the session and return to it. Then, use one of these priority markers and set the number. The loco will follow that marker and or will not enter the track that has the wrong number. Note: You set the loco to 1, or 3 and if the loco goes into a portal, it will come back with a 2 (2 is the default). This is because what comes back from a portal is NOT what went in, just the same as per what is in your database. Easy fix is to use a priority set command, so that as soon as the consist comes out, it gets the number that you wanted. I use this also for the start of AI runs, so they reafirm the setting, just in case. Remember that these numbers don't make a 1 better than a 3, they are for identification and proper routing only.

Last edited:
I am afraid that those tools would not work in my case since both high priority trains and lower prioritize trains share the same track. I need a way to tell TS19 that a train should not enter an area of track because a higher priority train is moving toward that area. The assigned numbers would prevent sharing.

Hi Dick

The only way that I can see of doing this is to use a variable that the faster train can set to indicate that it is approaching the section. Before a slower train can enter the section it would check the variable to see if it was ok for it to enter. If it finds the variable has been set it could be diverted into a passing loop while the faster train passes it. Unfortunately this isn't a nice quick simple method but with a bit of patience it should be doable.

If there is more than one section then each one would need its own unique variable. I'm not aware of any way to read the priority at the moment but it can be done as the ATLS crossing system triggers can be set to activate only by a train with a particular priority number.

Regards

Brian

You can assign priority levels to tracks and trains. An AI train will try to use (only) tracks of its own priority (if available to get from A to B).

You can change the priority of a train in various ways. One example is my trigger:
<kuid2:645812:100106:6> Update max speed and priority

Back