Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So What's next for Non-Subscription TRS19 Users?

Default So What's next for Non-Subscription TRS19 Users?

I've had TRS19 since Dec 2018 and I paid up-front for it.
    There are now more and more subscription offers and benefits/updates for those that wish to buy them.

So, what's in store for us poor-relations that dished out a lot of money for the non-subscription version?
    Are we going to get any improvements to the 'game' that we don't have to pay for ?

I don't want or need 99% of the payware stuff, so that leaves me with whatever comes free in CM.
    Most of my Trainz time is spent in Surveyor making routes or doing reskins.
    New suitable free content is scarce enough but now you are encouraging content creators to submit their work for reward.
    I might be lucky and find 1 or 2 new items a day in CM that I can use, will this now deplete due to the lure of reward?
    This game and forum was built around creating and sharing, I am not a gimme pig and I do add free items to the DLS, but I can foresee problems where subscription members will create a route that might be free, but I might find assets in it that are not available to us poor people.
    However, I do buy a FCT every 90 days to support the upkeep of CM.
    Graham,

A member of TCWW

I find myself in a similar position to euromodeller, and am equally confused with where this is all going. I, too have bough trs19 up front, and keep my FCT current all the time. I have bought nothing from the store since S&C some years ago, and for UK users, there is virtually nothing of interest in DLC that would induce me to change my current position.
    I really enjoy working with surveyor, which I think is peerless, the forum is great, and the creators are great, but if I had to spend money to drive trains,then the offer for the UK is in my opinion better from the competition.
    Best wishes
    Ian

Euromodeller, I share your concerns.

Cheers, evilcrow

You can get a Plus subscription which is roughly half the cost of Gold now that does not include all the free DLC, just the Plus features, Plus without Gold just gets to look at possible new features first and it's not as I understand guaranteed they will be permanent. I will be dropping my Gold to plus when it comes up for renewal as I don't need or want all the on loan stuff which seems to be nearly all non UK anyway.

I'm guessing the Subscription for Gold partly goes towards paying the DLC creators?

I subscribed initially to support N3V's ongoing development of Trainz and play with the new features (as I can afford it) not to get freebies.

The Plus features are nice to have but not IMO essential and require a bit of a learning curve to get used to them, presumably or hopefully those that work OK will filter down to the non sub versions at some point.

I've actually got the non Plus version as well mainly, so I can ensure what I'm doing content wise is compatible with it as well as plus.

From the Newsletter, I'm reading it that the forth comming Service pack will be for all versions and not just for subscribers, clarification needed though.
    Last edited by clam1952; September 6th, 2019 at 10:28 AM.
    Malc

I was wondering when someone was going to ask, as it's been almost a year, and no real solid update to the game has come for non-Plus members. I think N3V, wait, I know n3v really wants the sub model to work. They really do. But this is not WoW or an MMO. The content is not there for a sub. The DLC selection is not there. Sadly, if you wish to have an up-to-date game, then Plus is the only option. Which n3v knows this. Their service packs that have been talked for months now, still is not out. n3v and valve work on the same time schedule, whenever they please. I wouldn't be surprised if delays happened and was no biggy, as again it forces another member to cave into Plus to get upgraded game.

EX: the dude who played without a HUD for months, and still cant play with it. He is a non-Sub and since the game has yet to get its SP after almost a year... He is forced to play on a broken game he paid full price til they release the SP. OR he can cave and sign up for Plus... Which sadly, Plus version is the superior version and has fixed and new features that non-plus does not, which some make it night n day better.

Just let that last line sink in a bit...

Basically, you sit and wait til n3v decides to finally, whenever that is, SP1.

Been with Trainz for over 10 years and I just don't understand what they are doing. Maybe I'm just too dumb to understand what they are trying to say so maybe they need to dumb it down. Are they saying if you get plus you can download payware and keep it until you stop paying for plus or you keep it forever; and is everything they offer or what?

Quote Originally Posted by gt350 View Post
    Been with Trainz for over 10 years and I just don't understand what they are doing. Maybe I'm just too dumb to understand what they are trying to say so maybe they need to dumb it down. Are they saying if you get plus you can download payware and keep it until you stop paying for plus or you keep it forever; and is everything they offer or what?
    Plus is just updated, most up to date build with new features that may or may not come to the plebs of non-sub.

Gold, is all DLC, you keep on 'loan' until you cancel your sub. Gold also comes with Plus. See the image from newsletter.

Welcome to 2019 and the world of game passes, sub models, and season passes.

Uninstall and move on???
    TRS 2019 Coach Class (Former Customer)

As we have now TRS19 Gold Plus and TRS19 Plus subscriptions, perhaps they should rename the none sub version TRS19 Less........ I'll get my coat.
    Malc

Don't worry, the official response that TRS19 (non subscription version) is now the province of "former" customers will probably follow shortly...

I still find it hard to believe so many (or maybe not so many given this latest push) prefer the subscription where you are effectively borrowing TRS19!

Suspect TRS21 if such a beast ever arrives will be entirely subscription based.
    TRS 2019 Coach Class (Former Customer)

Non subscription user here - paid $100 Canadian for full version, was on Beta all summer prior to release. Even tried to purchase Gold but no credit card no luck.

No longer interested in subscription. Very upset to read comments like this from developer -

When will non-members get access to these features?

Bug fixes (and some polish items) made for Trainz Plus will be released as part of a future Service Pack for TRS19.
    Most of the Trainz Plus features will then find their way into future versions of Trainz. (Others may be replaced/removed/updated).
    Historically there has been a gap of two to three years between major Trainz releases.

Why do I have to wait for bug fixes? I paid full price for the game.

Don't care for polish items myself, but bug fixes should not be withheld for later release just because you don't have a subscription.

BTW, how many trainzers have Plus version, 50, 100, 150 or maybe 200. Hard to believe that more of this numbers was sold.

United States of America, Delaware, Dover

Running mainly legacy routes, TANE SP4 looks really good.

Seems there is no future for Trainz.

Harold

Quote Originally Posted by hminky View Post
    Running mainly legacy routes, TANE SP4 looks really good.Harold
    I wish to run the official release of SP4. I don't trust all this betas.

United States of America, Delaware, Dover

Quote Originally Posted by celje View Post
    I wish to run the official release of SP4. I don't trust all this betas.

Trainz is always a beta.

Harold