So What's next for Non-Subscription TRS19 Users?

While I understand your point of view, I have never been a supporter of the view that "if it works well enough then leave it be" or "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". If we had followed that philosophy then we would not have a whole list of features in Trainz, to name just a few that come quickly to mind:-

• working industries and passenger stations
  • animated semaphore signals (remember the very first ones - the arms did not move!) and junction points (I cannot see why some route creators still don't use them)
  • animated assets
  • LOD
  • Speedtrees
  • ITs and EITs
  • Navigation Points
  • even the much maligned AI was not a part of the earliest Trainz versions

... and many others that no doubt others could add. Now I appreciate that these (and other new innovations) are not on everyone's favourites list but they have gone from "new" or "novel" to "mainstream" very quickly.

Staying with what you are familiar and comfortable with does have its advantages but one thing that I love about Trainz is that each version has brought something new. Yes that sometimes (often) means a new and steeper learning curve but without that challenge I would have found Trainz very boring and would have left long ago.
I’m not against new stuff, I just wait until I have a good reason to believe that my switching to new versions isn’t going to involve me in lots of unwanted angst sorting out a new set of problems . I do have 2019 but i’m not impressed enough by its new features to warrant jumping into using it and I loathe its new interface which is just like Netflix , huge icons that make it hard to find anything in the route section.

Lets say N3V's monthly revenue is $1 million USD

Rofl. Sorry, but's that one of the more amusing guesstimates I've seen. Let's just say "I wish it were true". :) (The truth is much closer to Swordfishes 2 cents ;) )

new interface which is just like Netflix , huge icons that make it hard to find anything in the route section.

If you're not using filters, then there might be a lot of things to look through. Type in the first letter of your route (the cursor is already in the box) and the list is immediately reduced to items starting with that letter.

Regarding "patches will be out soon" - all we can report is what we know at the time.

I'm pretty sure we're more frustrated than you guys when it doesn't happen. That said, we're no longer shipping things because we said we would. We're waiting until we're happy with things, then releasing.

Yesterday was scheduled to be the next update for Trainz Plus beta, but two new issues were identified that we're working on today (one relating to AI pathfinding).

Last edited:
I for one greatly appreciate what you said Tony. No wine before its time. I would rather wait for it to be right as have it right now and be plagued with issues. Maybe if they had worked on the 737Max a few more months they would not be littering the tarmac around the world and costing Boeing and the airlines millions.

Rofl. Sorry, but's that one of the more amusing guesstimates I've seen. Let's just say "I wish it were true". :) (The truth is much closer to Swordfishes 2 cents ;) )

If you're not using filters, then there might be a lot of things to look through. Type in the first letter of your route (the cursor is already in the box) and the list is immediately reduced to items starting with that letter.

Regarding "patches will be out soon" - all we can report is what we know at the time.

I'm pretty sure we're more frustrated than you guys when it doesn't happen. That said, we're no longer shipping things because we said we would. We're waiting until we're happy with things, then releasing.

Yesterday was scheduled to be the next update for Trainz Plus beta, but two new issues were identified that we're working on today (one relating to AI pathfinding).
I do use filters Tony, but I still loathe the interface , as invariably half the items are still off screen ( and I have 32 inch monitors) I much prefer the old list format, now, if the icon size could be reduced by the user, or one could revert to list, then that would be much more use friendly.

I have deleted what i had wrote here because i myself had not done my homework on what N3V have set in place, and a big turn around,,
Cheers

Last edited:
Dangavel - if you prefer lists, you could use Content Manager. You can filter, or even save filters so that you list "just your favourites", and launch from there.

Well well well, it has come to a monthly user rights fee,,,
>>
No. There is an optional membership fee for those who choose it to access additional features. You also didn't mention that for $15 you get to try the game out for 30 days and figure out if you like it before buying it (using your 25% discount so you're not even out of pocket). Sounds like a great deal for people who aren't sure about a purchase at full price.

A question : Was this stated before TRS19 was released that we were going to have to pay a usage fee for something we have already paid for ,,
>>
You don't have to pay anything extra, and the membership options were announced prior to release, so you already knew of the options available.

and this is just my view but ,,, what are the chance looking down the road a little that any assets free or payware will have to first go through N3V to be able to be used in the game at all,
>>
I suggest you look down a road that makes more sense - we've stated many times that the DLS is there to stay, and while we want to encourage DLC, we also don't have any plans to make it exclusive. It isn't now and unlikely to be at any time in the future.

,,,, think about that all you creators that were the back bone to Trainz in the first place,,,
>>
Or think about the facts as they stand, the statements made by the CEO of the company and avoid unnecessary panic

14.95 is not AU that is US so 20.00 Australian,,,
>>
A few years ago it wold have been $14.50 AUD, and may end up that way again (it has started going back up).

As you all know when something starts to cost you money it only gets worse,,, then after a while you might have a contract for 12 months or 24 months,,
Just my view,, don't say you were not told,,,
>>
No, I would say you were told by the company CEO that this is not going to happen, so there's no need to panic.

Last edited:
Well well well, it has come to a monthly user rights fee ... then after a while you might have a contract for 12 months or 24 months,,
Just my view,, don't say you were not told,,,

That has got to be one of the most paranoid posts I have seen in quite a while.

How many times does N3V have to state that TRS19 is available for outright purchase? No monthly fee, no 12/24 month contract. Yes I know, this could all happen in the future but so could a lot of other things that I am not worrying about (but I will add that to my list of things to not worry about).

A well known politician once remarked that one thing he disliked about politics was the number of "naysayers". Those who opposed everything that was put before them, who dragged up all the negativity on any subject you could care to mention. On the odd occasion they would be proven right and they then had the "I told you so" crowing rights. But most of the time they were wrong or way off the mark, in which case they relied on the fact that most people simply forgot about their negative stand.

If I stated that well known doomsday prophesy that "the mountains will fall and the seas will rise" eventually, in the fullness of geological time, I will be proven right (although, it seems, much sooner than that will see the seas rising).

Happy paranoia!

Pware post #98

I was hoping you wouldn't answer again, I have no intention of replicating, it's clear to me, I stand by my words

Last edited:
Pware we will see what happens in the future and by the way if i go by there word then i was told on an open forum that there would be SLI and Crossfire in TANE i give $500.00 to the production of TANE for that and it was never put in and coded at all,,
SO CALL ME PARANOID, SO I TAKE WHAT EVER IS SAID WITH A VERY SMALL GRAIN OF SALT do your home work mate or if you want will send you the hole post,,

Last edited:
I think people like to remind Tony that a subscription only model would run quite a few folks off the track. No harm in that.

Including me, it would also drive me away, but I am not worried for the foreseeable future. But the harm is often the "Chicken Little" hysteria that such posts can generate. I get it that Steve is upset over the lack of Crossfire and SLI support in TANE, and he may be fully justified in that, but to turn that anger into the claims he made is far too much of a stretch.

My opinions.

i was told on an open forum that there would be SLI and Crossfire in TANE
>>
I know we said it would be looked at. It was looked at and it was determined that we had other much higher priorities at the time (like making some significant improvements to stability, performance, shadows etc)

I am pretty sure it wasn't in any of the promised features or stretch goals. Happy to see the actual wording used - perhaps you have read more into it than was implied?

As for doing it now, it seems that Nvidia have pretty much given up on SLI.

Hi Tony and Trainz Crew,
I do firmly believe that TRS19 is the best Trainz Game so far and it can only get better,,

After reviewing all the different areas of the subscriptions i believe they are more than fair and the $130.00 per year for the Gold Class is well worth it for the access it gives to you being the general public, if a person using N3V Trainz { i think } would be crazy
not to take advantage of the Gold Class Subscription,,,

I still stand by Nvidia SLI / AMD Crossfire to be coded into all Trainz New versions as it totally helps in the performance of the game,,,

Now also looking at the future of this game in my view i would hope that freeware was not coded and left as freeware regardless of where it came from and was able to be freely and privately installed,,

I believe that all these changes will only enhance the experience of the user in this Game / hobby,,,
Regards

The reason why i have done a turn around was because i myself did not study what was said and jumped the gun foolishly and i do humbly apologise to all for that

Great to hear that Steve. We're working on the content side of things - there's a LOT of content to sort out so it's taking a while :)

Hi Tony and Trainz Crew,

After reviewing all the different areas of the subscriptions i believe they are more than fair and the $130.00 per year for the Gold Class is well worth it for the access it gives to you being the general public, if a person using N3V Trainz { i think } would be crazy not to take advantage of the Gold Class Subscription,,,

I am one of the crazy people that don't have a subscription, thanks for the insult.
Why should I pay for assets I will never use whilst paying to be a beta tester?
Plus when your subscription stops, your 'purchased' assets vanish too!

Last edited:
After reviewing all the different areas of the subscriptions i believe they are more than fair and the $130.00 per year for the Gold Class is well worth it for the access it gives to you being the general public, if a person using N3V Trainz { i think } would be crazy

Can't believe I just read that!

I'm crazy enough to think there's a considerable saving to be had in buying TRS19, letting others pay to do the beta testing, and then getting the benefits in 2 to 3 years.

Back