Trainz Membership Update - Sept 2019

I am still getting the exact same DLC download prompts than yesterday in both T:ANE and TRS19.

Last edited:
Obviously a great change for the customer... but not for the creators.

I feel like this is a very unfair move for anyone who has made content for the Trainz Store and I fear that this will get content creators to just keep their content to third party sites for some time in the future in response to that which would mean inusability in multiplayer for those Payware items and also would force the customers to give out their payment details to a lot more websites. All in all not an ideal solution if you ask me... :confused:

Greets, Mika

I notice that the DHR is on the list as SC443. Does this imply that it is, or will become, purchasable content?

Narrowgauge

Peter,
That list is not official and lists both built-in packages as well as payware DLC content. I assume that DHR was considered for inclusion in a version of Trainz and a number was assigned as a built-in package. Clearly, that has not happened.

William

The list is now live and should include all items on the store. (There were a couple of items removed as they aren't yet released).
Please let us know of any discrepancies.

How do I get rid of all the items that are still appearing in my in game Asset Download window (all items still listed)? I'd prefer them gone so I can select specific items from the Content Vault. Thanks!

How do I get rid of all the items that are still appearing in my in game Asset Download window (all items still listed)? I'd prefer them gone so I can select specific items from the Content Vault. Thanks!

I went into the Content Vault and re-selected the assets I had already downloaded. This cleared up the list completely in the in-game downloader except for those items I don't want to download.

OK... I hadn't selected anything yet so perhaps once I do go select one the list will clear.... thanks much.

EDIT: UPDATE - FAIL - I went to Content Vault and downloaded new items and an item I had previously downloaded from the in game "whole" list down download window. I then opened TRS19 and I still had the "whole" list. I can't seem to make it go away......

Last edited:
Obviously a great change for the customer... but not for the creators.

I feel like this is a very unfair move for anyone who has made content for the Trainz Store and I fear that this will get content creators to just keep their content to third party sites for some time in the future in response to that which would mean inusability in multiplayer for those Payware items and also would force the customers to give out their payment details to a lot more websites. All in all not an ideal solution if you ask me... :confused:

Greets, Mika

I am confused, what are you upset about? The 3 month waiting period that I could see a certain 3rd party abusing to get double dip sales... or the fact N3V just gave them a pass to leave their content constantly in a early access state for preview and could never see the full light of day?

This "Content Vault" is so confusing! It contains DLCs I bought in the store, including routes, some have a "Select" button and some are marked "Access granted". And the list is different from what appears in-game (T:ANE and TRS19 lists differ too)... I don't understand anything!

This "Content Vault" is so confusing! It contains DLCs I bought in the store, including routes, some have a "Select" button and some are marked "Access granted". And the list is different from what appears in-game (T:ANE and TRS19 lists differ too)... I don't understand anything!

It's temporary... an improved way to download is coming "soon" - But it is a pain to put up with for now...

I have the same problem, I'm just ignoring it all for the moment and hoping the new DLC installer / Uninstaller sorts it out when or if it happens.

Back