Trainz Membership Update - Sept 2019

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
We're just about to go live with our brand new membership options. You can check out more details on our news page here.

Existing customers will notice they have a huge new range of DLC items to download in-game. It's up to you whether you wish to install everything at once, or one at a time.

We'll also be updating the whole in-game downloader in our next Trainz Plus update (which will be ready for beta in a month or so).

Please keep your discussions on this sensitive topic reasonable and remember that these memberships are OPTIONAL. :)

You still get your $2 off a month/$20 a year. You should have a discount code in MyTrainz (let me know if you don't and I'll investigate).

Does the Trainz Plus Membership ($69.49 per year) include access to all the worldwide routes that come with TRS19 or are the routes considered DLC?

Glenn

Will you be prorating existing FTC members if they upgrade? I just purchased a FCT in April this year and I am thinking about going to Trainz Plus.

Thanks, John

Trainz Plus is the Full Edition, so includes everything (i.e 5 extra routes + JR content pack)

To get a credit code for non-activated or unused FCTs, complete this online form. (Credit is applied to any membership option at $2/month maximum).

Last edited:
Pware mentioned his lifetime FCT membership. I did see this available in my early days of membership but was unable to source the necessary funds. Is this option still available? I have not been able to find it on the store page
Keith

I don't suppose you'd consider a level that allows access to Trainz Plus, but you don't have to pay to beta test?

Is all DLC available to purchase without a subscription, or is some exclusive?

I already have the Gold Subscription, but would consider a Lifetime FCT to add to my already owned TRS 2019 as this may be a more advantageous option
Keith

Pware mentioned his lifetime FCT membership. I did see this available in my early days of membership but was unable to source the necessary funds. Is this option still available? I have not been able to find it on the store page
Keith

I have not seen the Lifetime FCT offered for some years now. I bought it when it was originally offered (it was available for short time only) because it was (and still is) great value. Perhaps one day they may make it briefly available again.

I don't suppose you'd consider a level that allows access to Trainz Plus, but you don't have to pay to beta test?

You don't have to pay to beta test. You pay for the features and you have an option to beta test if you wish to. We encourage a many testers as possible as every Trainz installation is pretty unique and has a different set of content and usability cases.

Is all DLC available to purchase without a subscription, or is some exclusive?

Currently all DLC is available on the store and we have no plans to split that.

We will be pre-releasing content for future versions of Trainz early to Silver and Gold members.

No the option is no longer available, but you can subscribe to the annual FCT for 67c a week, or for another 67c a week upgrade that to Trainz Plus.

I just checked my membership and its showing a renewal of $149.99 (gold) later this month but the "change membership" option says $129.99 for the same membership. Do I need to change membership in order to get the cheaper price or will it renew at the lower price?

Ah I understand your point now. I think charging to be just a beta tester sounds like an unpopular option. What is to gain over the full membership option?

There are a few DLC beta testing spots available from time to time. Write to contentcreators at n3vgames and you may get an invite at some point.

Interesting development.
However I really don't want to downloads the gigabytes of plus stuff that I will never use thats now appeared in my downloads, please can we have an I don't want it don't show it option! I have nearly filled my TRS19 500GB SSD as it is with all the obsoleted builtin and payware assets that you can not get rid of.

I suppose I could drop from Gold to Plus to get rid of it however I paid for a year, more to support Trainz than for freebies, so how would that work not bothered about refunds, just getting rid of this enormous list and only recieving updates for stuff I already have? Turning off Downloads will mean I don't get any updates that are delivered that way.

I presume avoiding the Vault which was the easy way of avoiding this stuff will no longer work.

Edit: Unticking allow Downloads no longer works........

Last edited:
Interesting development.
However I really don't want to downloads the gigabytes of plus stuff that I will never use thats now appeared in my downloads, please can we have an I don't want it don't show it option! I have nearly filled my TRS19 500GB SSD as it is with all the obsoleted builtin and payware assets that you can not get rid of.

I suppose I could drop from Gold to Plus to get rid of it however I paid for a year, more to support Trainz than for freebies, so how would that work not bothered about refunds, just getting rid of this enormous list and only recieving updates for stuff I already have? Turning off Downloads will mean I don't get any updates that are delivered that way.

I presume avoiding the Vault which was the easy way of avoiding this stuff will no longer work.

Edit: Unticking allow Downloads no longer works........

There are supposed to be changes to the in-game DLC downloading system sometime soon(tm) in the Trainz Plus version. I think this will have options to select, turn-off, and uninstall unwanted content. There was mention of this sometime ago in the weekly newsletter.

I spent last night downloading stuff I wanted and being careful about it too because I didn't want to overwrite (obsolete) my already downloaded JR-versions of Coal-Country and Legend of the BN that I already have. The newer setup is supposed to help with this (hopes).

Existing customers will notice they have a huge new range of DLC items to download in-game. It's up to you whether you wish to install everything at once, or one at a time.

So are the DLC items updates to existing ones already downloaded or entirely new items unavailable before? These items apparently are not on the Down Load Station. Are these payware items for which we will be charged after we download them? Is there a description of each item so we can determine whether they are assets we want to add to our installed database?

My subscription ends the 19th of September. When I go to the content vault under memberships, there is no button for the vault. I have a message telling me my subscription will change on that date.

RJ Artim

Last edited:
Back