Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trainz Membership Update - Sept 2019

Default Trainz Membership Update - Sept 2019

We're just about to go live with our brand new membership options. You can check out more details on our news page here.

Existing customers will notice they have a huge new range of DLC items to download in-game. It's up to you whether you wish to install everything at once, or one at a time.

We'll also be updating the whole in-game downloader in our next Trainz Plus update (which will be ready for beta in a month or so).

Please keep your discussions on this sensitive topic reasonable and remember that these memberships are OPTIONAL.

Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Blog Entries

If you already have lifetime FCT access, does that affect the pricing?
    TRS19 Platinum 105100 - TRS19 SP1 (standard) 105096 - TANE SP4 (RC beta) 105476

You still get your $2 off a month/$20 a year. You should have a discount code in MyTrainz (let me know if you don't and I'll investigate).
    Tony Hilliam

Does the Trainz Plus Membership ($69.49 per year) include access to all the worldwide routes that come with TRS19 or are the routes considered DLC?

Glenn

Will you be prorating existing FTC members if they upgrade? I just purchased a FCT in April this year and I am thinking about going to Trainz Plus.

Thanks, John

Trainz Plus is the Full Edition, so includes everything (i.e 5 extra routes + JR content pack)

To get a credit code for non-activated or unused FCTs, complete this online form. (Credit is applied to any membership option at $2/month maximum).
    Last edited by Tony_Hilliam; September 4th, 2019 at 02:06 AM.
    Tony Hilliam

Pware mentioned his lifetime FCT membership. I did see this available in my early days of membership but was unable to source the necessary funds. Is this option still available? I have not been able to find it on the store page
    Keith

I don't suppose you'd consider a level that allows access to Trainz Plus, but you don't have to pay to beta test?

Is all DLC available to purchase without a subscription, or is some exclusive?

I already have the Gold Subscription, but would consider a Lifetime FCT to add to my already owned TRS 2019 as this may be a more advantageous option
    Keith

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by caspar1946 View Post
    Pware mentioned his lifetime FCT membership. I did see this available in my early days of membership but was unable to source the necessary funds. Is this option still available? I have not been able to find it on the store page
    Keith
    I have not seen the Lifetime FCT offered for some years now. I bought it when it was originally offered (it was available for short time only) because it was (and still is) great value. Perhaps one day they may make it briefly available again.
    TRS19 Platinum 105100 - TRS19 SP1 (standard) 105096 - TANE SP4 (RC beta) 105476

Quote Originally Posted by amigacooke View Post
    I don't suppose you'd consider a level that allows access to Trainz Plus, but you don't have to pay to beta test?
    You don't have to pay to beta test. You pay for the features and you have an option to beta test if you wish to. We encourage a many testers as possible as every Trainz installation is pretty unique and has a different set of content and usability cases.

Is all DLC available to purchase without a subscription, or is some exclusive?
    Currently all DLC is available on the store and we have no plans to split that.

We will be pre-releasing content for future versions of Trainz early to Silver and Gold members.

No the option is no longer available, but you can subscribe to the annual FCT for 67c a week, or for another 67c a week upgrade that to Trainz Plus.
    Tony Hilliam

Blog Entries

I just checked my membership and its showing a renewal of $149.99 (gold) later this month but the "change membership" option says $129.99 for the same membership. Do I need to change membership in order to get the cheaper price or will it renew at the lower price?

Paul

You'll be charged the correct (i.e. new) price.
    Tony Hilliam

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    You don't have to pay to beta test. You pay for the features and you have an option to beta test if you wish to.
    It seems to me that you can't beta test without paying a subscription, therefore you have to pay if you want to assist in beta testing.

Ah I understand your point now. I think charging to be just a beta tester sounds like an unpopular option. What is to gain over the full membership option?

There are a few DLC beta testing spots available from time to time. Write to contentcreators at n3vgames and you may get an invite at some point.
    Tony Hilliam