Trainz Membership Update - Sept 2019

So are the DLC items updates to existing ones already downloaded or entirely new items unavailable before?
>>
These are existing DLC items available on the store.

These items apparently are not on the Download Station.
>>
Correct. They are payware DLC items.

Are these payware items for which we will be charged after we download them?
>>
Definitely not. These are included as part of your membership, and you have access to all the DLC content for as long as you are a member.

Is there a description of each item so we can determine whether they are assets we want to add to our installed database?
>>
Currently no, but in the next Trainz Plus update (out for testing in a few weeks from now) you'll be able to. See the screenshots below of the new system.

2019-09-05_085047.png

2019-09-05_085212.png

Last edited:
I have a lifetime FLC and a downloaded TRS2019. I do not utilise any of the built in routes as I concentrate on my own creation. This has been the case since TRS2004. In this case I do not need a subscription. On this basis I assume that I will still be able to receive all TRS2019 updates as they become available.
I only download from the DLS those items which have been updated together with those items applicable to my route as they become available.
Where not available I purchase from a content creator.

Hi Jack --

Me too.

I have just the basic install of TRS19. No DLC (other than some of my own creations that have been made available as DLC). I have a lifetime First Class Ticket. I don't run the built-in routes. I construct my own layouts and sessions using the built-in assets and assets from the Download Station.

I just seek a reassurance that this can continue. And that future Service Patches to TRS19 will be available for me to install.

Phil

Last edited:
My situation is very similar to that described above by Phil. I see nothing in the announcement to suggest that the current updates and patches for non-subscribers will not be continued but it would be nice to get the reassurance if only to quell the inevitable conspiracy theories that tend to fester and grow in the absence of information.

There is no change to the store option. Feature updates will be delivered via Trainz Plus, and bug fixes via Service Packs. Once the next Trainz plus update is released we'll be preparing TRS19 SP1.

There is no obligation to download or install any DLC (or for TRS19, the additional "builtin" routes for that matter). There's now a choice to get Trainz Plus membership without any DLC included.

Will this new system replace the current popup dialog that appears when you start Trainz?
>>
The new content downloader will replace the existing in-game downloader for DLC items (in-game DLS will continue to use the old installer, initially at least).Will this new system replace the current popup dialog that appears when you start Trainz?

Hello,
Now that I have access to all this stuff how do I translate the payware package numbers into route names? Is there a list somewhere?

Well, I had decided to sign up again to check things out, so here, take my money and leave me be! :hehe::p

Cheers

NP

====
Now I'm lost... the content vault option is where? I remember it used to be here with the other buttons....
jq5y7xD.jpg

Cheers

Thanks mate.
So now basically the entire store is available to download via the in game downloader....
I wish they could say that on the page of where the button was.... would've saved me time going around in circus...

Cheers

UPDATE: To resolve the "I don't want to see these downloads" issue prior to the introduction of the new "Content Downloader" coming next month, we have re-introduced the Manage Content Vault button.

There is now NO LIMIT on the number of items you can select, but in order to gain access to the DLC items, you need to select each item individually.

To select the items you wish to installL
1. Log in to Mytrainz
2. Click MyMemberships
3. Click Manage Content Vault (requires an active Silver or Gold membership)
4. Select each item you wish to install
5. Once updated, launch Trainz and select Download All to get all that content installed.

If you have already installed the items and they now show as "Not acctive" then you will need to select them in MyTrainz > Manage Content Vault to regain access to them. (You won't need to reinstall them).

Last edited:
I notice that the DHR is on the list as SC443. Does this imply that it is, or will become, purchasable content?

Narrowgauge

RE: Content Vault
You can't win Tony! I think this a good solution till the new Content Downloader. Thanks for expanding my membership. I appreciate the new items I'll be able to download now. N3V should add SSD's to the store! For sure some people will be needing more storage. :)

The list is now live and should include all items on the store. (There were a couple of items removed as they aren't yet released).
Please let us know of any discrepancies.

Back