Add Fuel Consumption in TS12

HgoDR

Its is possible to add fuel consumption to locomotives in locos that dont have this feature in Trainz 12?? I finded this topic here with a link to a guide to this but the link is off, someone can help-me with a guide to this??

Short answer for Diesels is yes. There are a few of them that have this feature. It needs a 3rd party script for the loco and some mods to the config. Like adding ref to script and class, a product queue for the fuel and possibly some tags to an extensions container - depending on whose script you use.

There may be some locos on the DLS with this feature. TPR has a few in their downloads section. I don't run diesels but I did write a script for this - about 15 years ago. Some of them out there are based on it at least in part. I put it out there for anyone to use or modify with only one restriction - it can't be used in any way with payware. No fancy features in my script. It just consumes fuel and shuts engine down when it runs out. Some add all kinds of start up and shut down procedures and iirc fuel gages in the cab. With mine you had to view loco details and check the fuel queue but there's code provided for a low fuel warning.

You didn't post a link to the guide so can't comment on that.

Long answer is it might require some merging of loco scripts if the loco already uses one for other customizations - won't go into that as it depends on the scripts that are used.

Bob Pearson

PS. I started looking at an update to my old script several weeks ago but don't know at the moment when it might get finished. I seem to get interrupted frequently and find as I age I'm more easily distracted from working on the task at hand.

Last edited:
Short answer for Diesels is yes. There are a few of them that have this feature. It needs a 3rd party script for the loco and some mods to the config. Like adding ref to script and class, a product queue for the fuel and possibly some tags to an extensions container - depending on whose script you use.

There may be some locos on the DLS with this feature. TPR has a few in their downloads section. I don't run diesels but I did write a script for this - about 15 years ago. Some of them out there are based on it at least in part. I put it out there for anyone to use or modify with only one restriction - it can't be used in any way with payware. No fancy features in my script. It just consumes fuel and shuts engine down when it runs out. Some add all kinds of start up and shut down procedures and iirc fuel gages in the cab. With mine you had to view loco details and check the fuel queue but there's code provided for a low fuel warning.

You didn't post a link to the guide so can't comment on that.

Long answer is it might require some merging of loco scripts if the loco already uses one for other customizations - won't go into that as it depends on the scripts that are used.

Bob Pearson

PS. I started looking at an update to my old script several weeks ago but don't know at the moment when it might get finished. I seem to get interrupted frequently and find as I age I'm more easily distracted from working on the task at hand.

Sorry, the link to that post is this: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...ability-to-engines&highlight=fuel+consumption
and i see how RBMN locos of Jointed Rail works and this is pretty interesting.

Last edited:
Back