Separate install for Gold/Trainz Plus

1611mac

- - . -
I had Silver and just went Gold membership....

I want to keep my current "official release" install and have a totally separate install for the Trains Plus update stream. I have the app on my c drive (ssd) and currently two data folders, a test folder on C and my main folder on D (SSD).

Can I simply download another TRS19 app and run it from a different location with the Trains Plus update stream?

I had Silver and just went Gold membership....

I want to keep my current "official release" install and have a totally separate install for the Trains Plus update stream. I have the app on my c drive (ssd) and currently two data folders, a test folder on C and my main folder on D (SSD).

Can I simply download another TRS19 app and run it from a different location with the Trains Plus update stream?

Yes, It's what I did actually, I have three installed, TRS19, TRS19 Plus and TRS19 Plus Beta. Might want to disable the In game Downloads for the Non Plus TRS19 or you may get all the additional free stuff added, if you don't need it of course.

OK.. what am I missing? I download a new TRS19 and install in a separate folder. I point it to a new Local Data Folder. I set the Download Stream to "Trains Plus Beta" - No updates are applied... I'm still on 100240. Quit and restart. No updates. What am I missing?

I Discovered that Download Stream must first be set to PLUS to get patch... Assuming that after that I'll be able to switch to beta stream...

I Discovered that Download Stream must first be set to PLUS to get patch... Assuming that after that I'll be able to switch to beta stream...

That makes sense.

Regarding the multiple installs, I have a similar setup as Malc does. All installed separate and all pointing to their own data folders. The purpose is in case there's a weird thing discovered during testing, I can then check the other versions to see if it's something I stumbled upon because I never encountered that bug before. I also did it as a just in case, meaning should things be totally unwrapped in the beta, I have my working "production" copies sitting there.

I also do more than periodic data-folder backups of the production install should things decide to go completely bull tits up with my hardware so I can always restore to where I left off. This already saved me a lot of heart ache a couple of times now.

Thanks... I can also verify that after I set stream to "PLUS" and plus version was installed I then switched to "Plus beta" and got several (4?) beta updates.

But I'm a bit confused (as always) - I thought anything newer than the last official release (10024) was "beta." What exactly is the "Plus" stream without the beta option? Are there "declared" stable releases of "Plus" not considered beta? (Even though there is no "official" Plus release yet.)

Thanks... I can also verify that after I set stream to "PLUS" and plus version was installed I then switched to "Plus beta" and got several (4?) beta updates.

But I'm a bit confused (as always) - I thought anything newer than the last official release (10024) was "beta." What exactly is the "Plus" stream without the beta option? Are there "declared" stable releases of "Plus" not considered beta? (Even though there is no "official" Plus release yet.)

The Plus version, without the beta, is just that a special release for Gold Subscribers that's the equivalent of the regular version plus recently released features such as the new cameras. The "Beta" releases have newer features that are still in progress such as the unified Surveyor-Driver interface.

For my regular everyday Trainzing, I use the Plus first release. It's quite stable, much faster than TRS19, and has the new cameras.

One more question... since Plus is all about the trs19 app and not about assets is there any reason I can point my Trainz Plus app to the same Data Folder as my main TRS19 (100240) app? Any reason to keep separate data folders?

Never use the same data folder for different installs, it will mess both of them up and require a database repair probably a full one which takes time, on each launch of each version.

Yes, It's what I did actually, I have three installed, TRS19, TRS19 Plus and TRS19 Plus Beta. Might want to disable the In game Downloads for the Non Plus TRS19 or you may get all the additional free stuff added, if you don't need it of course.

I am a little confused with the various releases. I am a Gold member. What build numbers are associated with TRS19, TRS19 plus and TRS19 Plus Beta. I currently have build 100464 and build 102894. Do these correspond to TRS19 plus and TRS19 plus beta. If so what build is associated with TRS19? For Gold members will the TRS19 Plus Beta become the new "go to working" version once the assertions have been turned off? That is will the TRS Plus Beta turn into the new TRS19 Plus edition once the final bugs have been squashed and the assertions have been turned off. At that point will we then have a new TRS19 Plus Beta version that goes even further with the new development ideas and feature sets? I need a score card to keep up with all the versions and names in existence for TRS19

One of my frustrations with working with the TRS19 Plus Beta version (102894) is that when I make changes in the route or session they cannot be used in in TRS19 build 100464.

100240 = TRS19 full version non subscription.
100464 = TRS19 Plus.
102894 = TRS19 Plus Beta.

Not sure on Steam, DVD or cut down regional versions.

TRS19 Plus Beta 100464 is the last general release. All builds after that one cannot be backdated because of the new features that have been put into the builds. I use 100464 for work but do test the route in 102894. Once any extra builds have been tested it will become the next general release.

Last edited:
Not forgetting that you have to be on the correct Stream, those of the TRS19 stream not any of the plus or beta streams will only have 100240, you need the Gold Subscription or from today the plus subscription to get any higher without which you do not have the Plus streams.

Trainz Plus 100464 is the last released version to everyone. After that one it becomes Trainz Plus Beta for testing.

Last edited:
Now, i am starting to worry, i just have the full bought version 100240 and don't see any update coming yet, even though i am been told to test the Contz pack because it prevents driving at night time. So far it's not possible to test it because i am not a gold or plus member. Is there any update in the planning for those people who don't pay a montly fee to use this prgram? I would like to to continue to use the contz pack, because it's a nice asset. But i also would like to ride my routes in a 24 hours environment... What's the advantage to use a gold membership instead of the bought full version? (except the updates, i got that part) ?

The pack is DLC and is only available to gold members. As you have the bought version you will need to purchase the pack from trainz store or become a paid member. As a member you are only renting the DLC packages so if you leave you loose the DLC packages you have not bought.

The pack is DLC and is only available to gold members. As you have the bought version you will need to purchase the pack from trainz store or become a paid member. As a member you are only renting the DLC packages so if you leave you loose the DLC packages you have not bought.

That answer doesn't make any sense, i bought the Contz pack years ago, it is been established it causes the CTD when changing time in the environment. I bought several DLC packages, and they are always available to me. I have paid for TRS 19, so what do you mean with that answer? My question was to ask for an update for the NON gold members, so that i can test the contz pack during night time in the environment as the Trainz team asked me to do, since they has confirmed the issue and seem to have repaired it.. only i can't check it because we can't update.. I own the Contz pack, and use it in most of my routes, but not after 21.00 hours in the environment settings, then it's CTD and bye bye..

Last edited:
DLC packages are available to anyone via trainz store. As you have purchased it you can redownload from trainz store my downloads. What you see in the trainz store is the same as the DLC in the gold membership. While we pay for membership we have access to all DLC until we end membership. Then we loose all DLC packages except the ones we have paid for.

Back