.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 102

Thread: revisiting the Timber Ridge line .

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    United States of America, Iowa, Dubuque
    Posts
    574
     

    Default

    Gosh that narrow gauge 'Yellowstone' looks impressive for 30 inch trackage which it fits.
    But now the website where it lived is gone.

  2. #17

    Lightbulb Exchange Kuides in Config.txt for newer Textures idea

    Quote Originally Posted by dangavel View Post
    One of the things about the route is you can just throw anything in it, if it was standard gauge it could serve as a connector line for other western roads
    which is always fun. If I ever get the time there about another 10 miles of mountain railway I can merge into it, I created it years ago but it's missing many textures so it a lot of work to get up to scratch, you comments on a iron ore mine I made that's part of it , and there's a decent steelworks I want to add to the route too , but again, old textures now obsolete mean I have to extensively re-texture , I wish there was a an easy way to re-texture those old empty grey spaces easily.
    Hello Sir Dan......

    I have a thought about the Texture thing.......What if you identify the old textures Kuid wise.......Then close the Route, open for edit, goto Config.Txt and find the Old Texture Kuids in the File, and replace them with the new textures for each of the old ones.

    Also if you have missing Textures, as well, you could add some new ones as one to one replacement too?

    Now if my thinking is correct, when you replace the old Texture Kuids with the ones you want, of course it has to be one to one replacement, so in another words, if you have 4 bad textures, then you only substitute 4 new ones? When you commit and reopen the Route it should show the Texture colors where ever they were with the new substituted ones.....

    Maybe just try one at a time to see how it works, too?

    Granted you'll still need to do your other manual changes but a lot of the bad textures would be exchanged for the ones that don't look good........

    Of course you'd need to make a back up copy of that Old Route you made in case it doesn't work........?

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Republic of California
    Posts
    6,842
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jcbeytien View Post
    Gosh that narrow gauge 'Yellowstone' looks impressive for 30 inch trackage which it fits.
    But now the website where it lived is gone.
    Yes, the author moved on sadly I tried to interest others in his work but there just weren't enough customers. She's 36" gauge not 30". The loco can't really manage the tight corners, the boiler hangs off outside the pilots, completely outside.
    Dear Alabama,
    Thank you for sending us all your intelligent women.
    With Love,
    California.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Port Noarlunga South Australia
    Posts
    1,289
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blueodessey View Post
    Hello Sir Dan......

    I have a thought about the Texture thing.......What if you identify the old textures Kuid wise.......Then close the Route, open for edit, goto Config.Txt and find the Old Texture Kuids in the File, and replace them with the new textures for each of the old ones.

    Also if you have missing Textures, as well, you could add some new ones as one to one replacement too?

    Now if my thinking is correct, when you replace the old Texture Kuids with the ones you want, of course it has to be one to one replacement, so in another words, if you have 4 bad textures, then you only substitute 4 new ones? When you commit and reopen the Route it should show the Texture colors where ever they were with the new substituted ones.....

    Maybe just try one at a time to see how it works, too?

    Granted you'll still need to do your other manual changes but a lot of the bad textures would be exchanged for the ones that don't look good........

    Of course you'd need to make a back up copy of that Old Route you made in case it doesn't work........?
    That sounds an excellent idea Blue, i was trying a few things ( none of which worked) but your idea would probably do the trick, the thought of doing all that retexturing put me off completely. I'll try it out.
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Port Noarlunga South Australia
    Posts
    1,289
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by normhart View Post
    Yes, the author moved on sadly I tried to interest others in his work but there just weren't enough customers. She's 36" gauge not 30". The loco can't really manage the tight corners, the boiler hangs off outside the pilots, completely outside.
    Often the case, you don't make a lot of loot building niche engines as not enough people are out there to purchase . Yes, the big articulated would look silly on some of the tight curves of the timber ridge. if a standard gauge version is attempted in , the hills that will be a fair amount of work and probably, given that a lot of the sections are on just one board ( i'm trying to keep it narrow where i can to avoid a lot of extra texturing ) , it would still be limited to 8 drivers. So no running UP 9000s on those sections !
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Port Noarlunga South Australia
    Posts
    1,289
     

    Default

    Standard gauge running on the dual gauge line



    it doesn't seem necessary to make most of these flat sections wider , low hills can hide any visible boards.
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    United States of America, Texas, Dickinson
    Posts
    1,010
     

    Default

    It’s looking very barren and desert-ish! You are doing a great job.

    I’m enjoying the pictures. Nice work!

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Port Noarlunga South Australia
    Posts
    1,289
     

    Default

    Ive been working on the badlands section of the route. this is three boards wide as there are distant hills i needed to hide and it gives a much better feel to the section by having more space for the trains....

    transitioning from grasslands to the badlands




    we begin the climb up around several horseshoe curves .








    still need to do a bit of work on this spline


    leaving the badlands and back into scrubby grassland
    and into a town , ive not done much new here ,just added streetlamps, telegraph poles grass and bins and made it a bit less tidy overall.
    Last edited by dangavel; September 5th, 2019 at 08:58 AM.
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    United States of America, Texas, Dickinson
    Posts
    1,010
     

    Default

    Dangavel,
    Really impressive work here! The feel is very authentic. The screen shots are very nicely composed.

    Heinrich505

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Port Noarlunga South Australia
    Posts
    1,289
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heinrich505 View Post
    Dangavel,
    Really impressive work here! The feel is very authentic. The screen shots are very nicely composed.

    Heinrich505
    Thanks. I'm doing a very quick job, just trying to get it so its got the feel of these routes but revamping it isn't too overly time consuming as i need to get back to my main route soon. it runs on ultra settings at the moment with no judder. the snow area will take the longest to complete and i have to do a bit of tree planting here and there as well as finishing off some of the areas i did a few years back, its not going to be all that consistent as some areas are more detailed than others. :-)
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Port Noarlunga South Australia
    Posts
    1,289
     

    Default

    just some quick progress shots, a lot of it doesn't look much like the old timber ridge, so be it !





    new industrial park .


    higher mountains and new bridges

    remodeled redtop !




    industrial waste !

    replacement board due to recalcitrant dighole.
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Port Noarlunga South Australia
    Posts
    1,289
     

    Default more changes

    more remodeled towns

    I've removed a lot of the higher buildings as i didn't think they were appropriate for towns this size, also added cheap housing for workers and removed the annoying floating passengers from stations !


    changed this town a lot . others... not so much


    new logging line

    more realistic rivers ( i hope )


    one of the older sections i did a few years back.
    Last edited by dangavel; September 9th, 2019 at 06:36 PM.
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    United States of America, Iowa, Dubuque
    Posts
    574
     

    Default

    I edited the original Timber Ridge Line as well, except it was version three. It's now available on the DLS.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Georgia, Rocky Face
    Posts
    4,231
    Blog Entries
    39
     

    Default

    @dangavel
    I hope you put this on the DLS as I'd like to download this to my edition of TRS19. I already like the original version of Timber Ridge Line, and I'd like to have the version you're making.
    Trainz 2019 - So easy a caveman can use it.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    United States of America, Iowa, Dubuque
    Posts
    574
     

    Default

    I don't know about the dangavel route he's making, its probably private.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •