revisiting the Timber Ridge line .

D&RGW #488 heading north out of Como. This is all new territory added to the old TRL (Timber Ridge Line) and the first time I've really had a chance to open up these locomotives to a teeth rattling 40mph. :D

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

TANESP3 :D

We're soon back in the mountains and down to 15mph as we roll through Dorsey Wye.

Traffic ahead.

Last edited:
Up ahead of #488 RGS #s 40 & 41 are double heading a coal train down into unnamed river valley.

Thanks, #488 follows the RGS double header up to an unnamed junction where she heads off to a mining complex

#40 and 41 top off with water and head out to a industry town to deliver the coal.

:D

Last edited:
D&C line crew working north out of Dorsey. Good thing is is all downhill from here, that old Studebaker couldn't make much of a grade with that load.

I like the lighting settings you have for the route Norm, nice one

I like working with the morning light mostly. This is kinda what happens to me when I mess with trainz. I'll find some nifty bit of kit like slugsmasher's D&C's #10 above, find some rolling stock to go with it, and tootle around taking pics.

Then I'll do some research and try to find as many assets that fit the railroad as I can. Slugsmasher did some interesting work for the D&C but the only locomotive is the #10, apparently the D&C had about an even number of Shays two truck and three truck so I sorted through my collection of 36" Shays

He also made a nice selection of rolling stock, quite old now and not interactive except for the skeletons but some interesting stuff. I've grabbed some other rolling stock that seems to fit too.

This railcar, now this is a classic. <kuid2:86661:15025:1> dc tankcar 1 on the DLS. Gotta love it!

I've staged these at "Irontown" the most northern town, I think, but based on the history of the D&C I'm going to have to find a good 36" logging site somewhere on the map.

TRS19 :D

Last edited:
I like working with the morning light mostly. This is kinda what happens to me when I mess with trainz. I'll find some nifty bit of kit like slugsmasher's D&C's #10 above, find some rolling stock to go with it, and tootle around taking pics.

Then I'll do some research and try to find as many assets that fit the railroad as I can. Slugsmasher did some interesting work for the D&C but the only locomotive is the #10, apparently the D&C had about an even number of Shays two truck and three truck so I sorted through my collection of 36" Shays

He also made a nice selection of rolling stock, quite old now and not interactive except for the skeletons but some interesting stuff. I've grabbed some other rolling stock that seems to fit too.

This railcar, now this is a classic. <kuid2:86661:15025:1> dc tankcar 1 on the DLS. Gotta love it!

I've staged these at "Irontown" the most northern town, I think, but based on the history of the D&C I'm going to have to find a good 36" logging site somewhere on the map.

TRS19 :D

That's a great car and these stand up so well considering their age !!!. BTW I've renamed Ironton to Snowtown in honor of Dave Snow and the pass beyond Snowton leading to Klingerville .....Snow Pass.

Ok norm, you have stumped me. What shay is that between the Clear Lake and West Side ones? I am always on the hunt for more geared steam.

Ok norm, you have stumped me. What shay is that between the Clear Lake and West Side ones? I am always on the hunt for more geared steam.

Right to left
<kuid2:86661:1412:1> 36 WSLC SHAY 12 - SlugSmasher and <kuid2:86661:151412:1> 36 WSLC SHAY 12 TENDER - SlugSmasher
<kuid2:86661:407:1> 36 Clear Lake Shay 7 trs - SlugSmasher and <kuid2:86661:15407:1> 36 Clear Lake Shay 7 Tender trs - SlugSmasher
<kuid2:69871:2306:1> Loco NG 3ft Shay WL&T Co #5 - philskene
<kuid:43955:2> Clear Lake 37-2 Shay - prowler901
:D

Umph, you are probably talking about CLC #7, she was part of slugsmasher's Clear Lake Logging Classic V3 project. I don't think he ever completed/released that.

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot]im about to try this route but does anyone know where i can find the'Timber Ridge 2020 freeware external asset list listed on the route description?[/FONT]

Back