Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: revisiting the Timber Ridge line .

Quote Originally Posted by normhart View Post
    LOL, No one is saying that you have to stop but I'm getting mighty old and I'd hate to kickoff without getting to travel this version of Timber Ridge Line and the Unitah Railway.

I'm getting old too, so I'll do my best to get this one completed within the next month
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

United States of America, Texas, Dickinson

Dangavel,
    It looks spectacular, especially the long vistas! I really love the details. Everything looks so right. Great work.

Heinrich505

Cool Just stopping in to check out your Route

Originally Posted by dangavel
    Although i stated that I'd stopped extending the route, i have added another 10 boards as the line after Ironton just ended in the middle of nowhere. I'm in the process of building a terminus with a sizeable town and with several more major industries, but meanwhile here's a few pics of the line after Ironton, the final climb on the route. Not completed ...
    but getting there.

Well Sir Dan Gavel,,

Looks to me like you had another Epiphany there, and I have to say, I enjoy looking at serene and inviting pictures shown by the Master Artist.

And you have the knack for using just the Right color Sky Cloud Themes in your Route...........

Take care ole friend,

I'm hitting the Road early tomorrow, going to visit my Grand kid whose in 2nd year of College for Thanksgiving, only bad part, we have huge Winter Storm, barreling down from Alaska, with Snow, Rain and some Winds, but California, well a good part of the West Coast here is Bone Dry, similar to your Route, so will take whatever we can get, and they say, our rainfall will be less than normal, not good for our Trees......

The key is defensive and slow but steady drive and get there safely.....Some 400 miles from my area.......

Enjoy your week,, you as always made my day....Thank you for sharing....

some more shots as this section nears completion

WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

Dangavel,
    Great shots as always! The grade in that last shot looks significant - hence the need for two engines. I really like the detail in the dry gully.

Heinrich505

Quote Originally Posted by Heinrich505 View Post
    Dangavel,
    Great shots as always! The grade in that last shot looks significant - hence the need for two engines. I really like the detail in the dry gully.

Heinrich505
    This trestle is around 4% and the grade steepens gradually to nearly 5% , it's not as steep as Tollume pass , or as extensive but it's a pull with a decent load. The route now has about 9 mainline steep climbs , it's much more challenging than the old timber ridge as I've pulled the terrain up a lot so it would be a more interesting drive.

so , I've been working on the terminus town past Ironton, as yet un-named, and its become rather large

getting the street grid right is the hardest thing to do with towns, this has taken a lot of time and concentration, just added another loading spur on the far right , for one thing to make it worth while doing details in streets a fair way away fro the main line , I've added more light industries to fill in the empty space and also to give users more things to do . :-)

i keep on adding more features ..... its probably about 70% completed.

we are having to do more babysitting as my daughters back is acting up, so not as much time to spare this month and going on holiday next week , so v doubtful this will be completed by xmas, early new year hopefully.
    Last edited by dangavel; December 8th, 2019 at 06:24 PM.

Dangavel,
    The town really looks authentic. Your overhead shots give a good accounting of all the work you are pouring into this. I think the park is a neat addition. You might want to put a little more air in the Buick's tires though - they look a little low.

The train yard, turntable, and roundhouse with all those engine stalls really caught my eye though, along with that spectacular coaling tower. It's going to be great fun working that yard - I'm really looking forward to it.

Sorry to hear of your daughter's back problems. Don't feel pressured on all this. We will wait, and your work on this is clearly worth waiting for. It looks wonderful!

Heinrich505

Thumbs up

Evening Sir Dan Gavel,

A prayer is being said for your Daughters Back issues, very sorry to hear about that.

Your pictures look astounding as always, however take whatever time you need to help your Daughter in time of need, that comes above all else.

Take care ole friend......

Quote Originally Posted by blueodessey View Post
    Evening Sir Dan Gavel,

A prayer is being said for your Daughters Back issues, very sorry to hear about that.

Your pictures look astounding as always, however take whatever time you need to help your Daughter in time of need, that comes above all else.

Take care ole friend......

not to worry Blue, its not too bad , picking up a baby can put a bit of a strain on the back, shes a bit better already. we just step in to make sure its not going to get worse.

near Ironton

Ironton
    leaving Ironton (for those who were worried about the defects, I've now fixed the disappearing road and the wonky fences and added opening gates for security for the power works. )

climbing out of ironton

I've been working on the new terminus town a lot, its nearing completion, added a few new things ,more shots to follow.
    Last edited by dangavel; December 23rd, 2019 at 07:30 PM.

If you are still looking for a name for your new town might I suggest Klinger?
    Dear Kentucky,
    Thank you for sending us all your intelligent women.
    With Love,
    California.

If you are still looking for a name for your new town might I suggest Klinger?

Yeah that would be GOOD , i think you have it right.

Quote Originally Posted by dangavel View Post
    Yeah that would be GOOD , i think you have it right.
    Klingerton, Klingerville, Klingerburg, etc etc.
    Dear Kentucky,
    Thank you for sending us all your intelligent women.
    With Love,
    California.

Klingerton, Klingerville, Klingerburg, etc etc.

I like Klingerville, don't think there's any "ville's" on the route.
    but I must spell it right , don't want it to come out as Klingon-ville as then I'll have call in Spock to sort things out.