revisiting the Timber Ridge line .

Dangavel,
Really nice shots! That tunnel that Paul made for you looks very good, and fits in well.

The last shot from overhead shows the engines working very hard on the grade. This will be fun to drive! :cool:

Heinrich505

thanks Heinrich ,you are ,as always, positive and encouraging and I do appreciate your comments.
Busy self isolating and working my way around the route, the darned login for the app isn't allowing me to upload content as I have much to add to DLS before I can upload route, my pw works on MyTrainz, forum and online DLS on FCT , but isn't being accepted by the software itself, despite me making no changes whatsoever, go figure.

in lieu of uploading, I'll see if i can modify Paul's portal textures today to give a bit of variety.
Be well everyone !!!! So far South Australia isn't seeing huge increases of locally transmitted cases of virus, mostly people returning from cruises , many of them actually went after it was obvious that they were incubators of the disease, a lot were elderly and many are now complaining that they are being put into quarantine ...... incredible .......

Completed this section of 30 inch track from a logging camp i created near Redtop.
5g97Iav.jpg

hSEe4eq.jpg

596QzrE.jpg

DBLlF3Q.jpg

SDQn1Uu.jpg

view to distant Redtop and the surrounding hills.
rbreZR1.jpg

joining the main line.

Dangavel,
Great shots as always. You really capture the "wide open spaces" on this route. I'd hate to break down out there. It's a long walk to get rescued.

I really like the close-up on the last shot. The track details are so neat! :cool:

Heinrich505

Dangavel,
Great shots as always. You really capture the "wide open spaces" on this route. I'd hate to break down out there. It's a long walk to get rescued.

I really like the close-up on the last shot. The track details are so neat! :cool:

Heinrich505
I've been busy adding telegraph lines to the 30 in section, Klinger didn't have any in the original, in these wide open arid areas, it gives something to focus on ;) I've also added a sprinkling of rocks and boulders , just enough to make it look like the winds have scoured the soil from them, or the builders part unearthed them during construction.

There are about 5 logging centers on the TR , might be six, i lost count, here one I added two or three years back, just revamped it.
vPRioFA.jpg

WrfD5Tn.jpg

3mQwSZ5.jpg

nClAep1.jpg

yirlON0.jpg

E9qwcaN.jpg

xItrY5m.jpg

Rv9AnxV.jpg

kpjVysW.jpg

R3y1WYu.jpg

Busy uploading rocks and trees and cliffs to DLS , will also be uploading content from Uintah,there's an overlap between both routes. But you won't need to download it all to get this route to work.

Dangavel,
Wow! Just noticed the burning brush/scrap piles. What a neat touch. :cool:

The logging camp looks just right and the background scenery is perfect!

Heinrich505

I'm completing the last sections of the line ,these were not part of the original route, merged them recently ,but actually made them years ago , I've rebuilt this a lot, but still a few things to do. Firstly this branch serves a coal mine and a logging operation and i steeply graded, anything up to 6% grades.
ZAGK9Tm.jpg

One of Ben neals C-18s , paired to one of Togog's ,leaves the coal mine on the way to the logging operation with some empties.
28PkTgl.jpg

Below, K36 488 passes underneath the other consist, taking a load of coal off to the steelworks of Irontown.
39UWMj0.jpg

omTDLff.jpg

the top line off to the logging camp
15NfjXe.jpg

dlye7Eq.jpg

The bottom line snakes round a low ledge on a 4% descending grade.
7R59XG8.jpg

Passes through some narrow cuttings and S bends.
8Qhv8eZ.jpg

t64AXJL.jpg

T4JFTQI.jpg

Dangavel,
The shots are wonderful, as always! The sky looks particularly ominious - I really like the look. Are those from environmental settings?

The detail on the rock facings in the deep cuttings look particularly realistic. The steep grades also keep things real and will keep engineers on their toes when driving up and down them. Did the railroads double up on the longer consists or did they just run more shorter trains?

Great work as always. :Y:

Heinrich505

Dangavel,
The shots are wonderful, as always! The sky looks particularly ominious - I really like the look. Are those from environmental settings?

The detail on the rock facings in the deep cuttings look particularly realistic. The steep grades also keep things real and will keep engineers on their toes when driving up and down them. Did the railroads double up on the longer consists or did they just run more shorter trains?

Great work as always. :Y:

Heinrich505

i think its a JVC sky of some sort. It does all look a bit doom laden doesn't it ?

are there sessions available on the DLS for this route please ?

i haven't completed it yet, so no, there aren't any . Also the other timber ridge versions on the DLS don't have the extensions I've added, and as far as I am aware there aren't any sessions for them either. This version is a very different route. I do not really have the time to do sessions when this is completed ( which if all goes well ,will be this month ) , but as far as I am concerned anyone is free to do so.

thanks for the reply and this is such a cool route. I should learn now to write sessions .:D I have 14 unknown dep's have I done something wrong ?

Last edited:
dangavel: It is a bit dark and doomy but that could just be because there is a storm nearby.
jjanmarine3: I believe you downloaded the original Timber Ridge Line V4 by Klinger. Send me a pm with the missing kuids and I will try to help you find them.

I completely forgot that i'd made this section 30 inch to join up with the original 30 inch branch on the Timber ridge, been working on this a bit more its now about 95% completed, and i ran a train using Ben Neals 30 inch 2-8-2's last night as a test run.
Potential users of the route., Bear in mind that I can try and get most route items onto the DLS but a lot of the 30 inch gauge stock is not situated there but on external sites. I will try and get links to these but cannot promise anything as i cant remember where i got all of this from anyway.
Perhaps if others who have got these items can post the links here it might save me some time trying to remember.
uBOGNkT.jpg
down on the plain, this double header is taking skeleton log cars to the upper logging area.

5n4RZwj.jpg

3qhYsMk.jpg

ndZfaAb.jpg

iLK7qze.jpg

HCgYyB4.jpg

Q7z6DIs.jpg

28Imdk4.jpg

SKMvWIk.jpg

Yk8TT9z.jpg

once they have dropped off the cars they are taken up by the old Shay

oyGvD40.jpg

572EIHv.jpg

CsvPr7y.jpg

ZTFjVtQ.jpg

i discovered a 15% grade on this section , so this has to be slightly re-designed :)

Dangavel,
Great shots. The look is very good! A mere 15% grade, you say? Pah, I brush my teeth with a 15% grade. Bring on the 20% grades, I say. :hehe:

The surveyor and engineer must have been hungover the day they worked that grade, I'd say. Must be why they aren't working here anymore, and now you've got to fix the mess they left. The Shay engineers will be very grateful, I would imagine, once you ease the grade a bit. Of course, with a lesser grade, they will be pulling more log cars, so it kind of evens out either way for them. But ease up beside the Shay engine herself and I'm sure she'll quietly whisper thanks - less wear and tear on the equipment.

The route is coming along very nicely!

Heinrich505

I gotta say Dan, the ol' Timber Ridge has come a long way since you came along!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL9l1KNLOBw

nice choice of music, and a good edit , always partial to a bit of the ooo canon . :) yes it is a bit different, those dual gauge sections are probably the ones Ive changed the least, mainly because i could not face placing thousands of sagebrush ( which tend to reduce frame rates and none of them are all that convincing anyway ) on the plains . they are the areas which need more work but i doubt i'll get round to it.

Last edited:
Probably this lot are the final shots I'm posting of the route in progress ,after this I may well create another thread re the route once it gets on the DLS and will include details to download there.
These are shots of Greenfields, the terminus of the 30 inch section . I've reworked it so the track is mostly level with the ground and thrown on some more clutter and other items.
T6gjtic.jpg

kGugBuQ.jpg

FwzoYlS.jpg

dlxB9YM.jpg

kUkVlmJ.jpg

main yard.
SjNer6K.jpg

u7pOxMo.jpg

NtvahyQ.jpg

oSzQaUV.jpg

I now have to do a lot of checking and try to upload the maximum amount of assets onto the DLS. Might take a few weeks as i also have to trace lots of trackside items and chase down the 30 inch rolling stock ( most are on Sir Gibbys site or Ben Neals subpar site.

Back