Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: revisiting the Timber Ridge line .

Default once they have dropped off the cars they are taken up by the old Shay

i discovered a 15% grade on this section , so this has to be slightly re-designed
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

United States of America, Texas, Dickinson

Dangavel,
    Great shots. The look is very good! A mere 15% grade, you say? Pah, I brush my teeth with a 15% grade. Bring on the 20% grades, I say.

The surveyor and engineer must have been hungover the day they worked that grade, I'd say. Must be why they aren't working here anymore, and now you've got to fix the mess they left. The Shay engineers will be very grateful, I would imagine, once you ease the grade a bit. Of course, with a lesser grade, they will be pulling more log cars, so it kind of evens out either way for them. But ease up beside the Shay engine herself and I'm sure she'll quietly whisper thanks - less wear and tear on the equipment.

The route is coming along very nicely!

Heinrich505

I gotta say Dan, the ol' Timber Ridge has come a long way since you came along!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL9l1KNLOBw

Quote Originally Posted by STLSF4003 View Post
    I gotta say Dan, the ol' Timber Ridge has come a long way since you came along!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL9l1KNLOBw

nice choice of music, and a good edit , always partial to a bit of the ooo canon . yes it is a bit different, those dual gauge sections are probably the ones Ive changed the least, mainly because i could not face placing thousands of sagebrush ( which tend to reduce frame rates and none of them are all that convincing anyway ) on the plains . they are the areas which need more work but i doubt i'll get round to it.
    Last edited by dangavel; May 8th, 2020 at 10:19 PM.
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

Probably this lot are the final shots I'm posting of the route in progress ,after this I may well create another thread re the route once it gets on the DLS and will include details to download there.
    These are shots of Greenfields, the terminus of the 30 inch section . I've reworked it so the track is mostly level with the ground and thrown on some more clutter and other items.

main yard.

I now have to do a lot of checking and try to upload the maximum amount of assets onto the DLS. Might take a few weeks as i also have to trace lots of trackside items and chase down the 30 inch rolling stock ( most are on Sir Gibbys site or Ben Neals subpar site.

Great shots of Greenfields. It's really looking good!

I especially like the trestle shot over the water. Your water effects are really convincing. What a nice job!

Heinrich505

well I said I wasn't gonna post any more shots, but the best laid plans etc...
    I removed all missing assets which seemed to mess up a few things, so going round the route fixing these problems and adding track markers to sections which weren't Klingers originals. There is already signaling points on the original trackwork, but I haven't added any new ones , pity there isn't a way to use a token system setup as they did on the DRGW NG.
    I imagine that without signals it may be difficult to set up sessions , since I've never bothered with that side of things perhaps somebody may give me some advice ? There are some train order boards on the DLS , but whether they work interactively or not I do not know.
    This is Robeson,end of the line of this section , which wasn't part of the original route. I have added some more industries related to the local products ( beef mutton, coal,timber etc)
    back streets have limited details, more are added near the train tracks.

Robeson can take logs and meat from other parts of the line and these could be shipped to Klingerville from here once processed , general goods could also be loaded and taken to other towns and industries .

Last edited by dangavel; May 22nd, 2020 at 09:10 PM.

Default redtop

did a bit more work on this section of the 30ng leaving Redtop.

Dangavel,
    Great shots as always. Robeson has a very nice look and feel to it. The rocks in your third shot near Redtop really stand out nicely.

All in all, a really wonderful job.

Heinrich505

Lightbulb

Evening Sir Gavel,

I just spent the better part of 30 mins being dazzled by the amazing scenes of your current changes.............It looks so spot on Chief..........

Sorry to hear about your Token Signal issue..........

I did a Dark Territory search, and found some write ups on some possibilities where Signals are not in use? Maybe this might help you ?

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=dark+terri...=v207-1&ia=web

South Africa, South Africa, Alberton Gauteng

Tell you what...all these shots will earn many votes in the screenshot competitions.
    World peace is a bit far off, lets work at Trainz peace for now

Quote Originally Posted by blueodessey View Post
    Evening Sir Gavel,

I just spent the better part of 30 mins being dazzled by the amazing scenes of your current changes.............It looks so spot on Chief..........

Sorry to hear about your Token Signal issue..........

I did a Dark Territory search, and found some write ups on some possibilities where Signals are not in use? Maybe this might help you ?

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=dark+terri...=v207-1&ia=web

cheers Blue, looked at this but its post timber ridge era, which is based in the 1950s or early 60s at the latest. glad you like the new images.

So Dan, do you know where i can find most of the 30in gauge rolling stock you've been using with this route?

Shoot over to the thread I have in freeware and there are a lot of links there to the 30inch stuff .theres also a lot on the Dls

Specifically, i was looking for that Rio Grande 30in Mallet that's pop'ed up in a few pics on this thread.

I'll be sure to keep an eye on the freeware as well!