Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: revisiting the Timber Ridge line .

Quote Originally Posted by STLSF4003 View Post
    Specifically, i was looking for that Rio Grande 30in Mallet that's pop'ed up in a few pics on this thread.

I'll be sure to keep an eye on the freeware as well!
    The mallet is on the DLS without the DRGW livery , I cant remember where i got the drgw versions, I'll see if I can find out the source , that's on my Mac which I don't have here .I have a suspicion that they were sent to me by a friend. If they are Ben Neal reskins they can be uploaded to DLS as he gave carte blanche to reskin and host his stuff a few years back
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

the ones in DRGW livery are by klinger and can be found here
    https://trainzland.ru/kuid?aid=119493
    i cannot vouch for the safety of this site. your decision to try it out . good luck.
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

its taking forever to upload stuff to the DLS, there are around 1870 specific items I've had to upload so whilst waiting , i've been whiling the
    time away doing adjustments and taking screenshots.

South Africa, South Africa, Alberton Gauteng

both of them excellent for entry in the screenshot competition.
    World peace is a bit far off, lets work at Trainz peace for now

Quote Originally Posted by jjanmarine3 View Post
    both of them excellent for entry in the screenshot competition.
    I have indeed chucked a spare one into the ring this week just for fun.

Wow, that link to Klinger's locos was a lot easier than the work I had to do to track them down.

(Not Dan's TRL)
    The United State's Health Care System ranks 37th in the world just behind Costa Rica.

Quote Originally Posted by normhart View Post
    Wow, that link to Klinger's locos was a lot easier than the work I had to do to track them down.

(Not Dan's TRL)
    glad it worked out, I haven't tried out the downloads, i tend to be a bit leery of Russian sites, silly really , as any site can be compromised.

still uploading and fixing bits as I wait form DLS to catch up with itself......

route was uploaded today, should appear on DLS in a few days. look for assets to download under the freeware section of the DLS. PM me or see the timber ridge thread in freeware for any further info.
    there will be faults, notably tunnel portals that move up and down due to the vagaries of the dighole system. There are no sessions , you will need to download quite a lot of NG rolling stock from external sites and bridges from Colorado 71s site . If you want to try running it in 2019 you may find a few items are missing as they changed the built in items . go here for the download info .
    https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...t=timber+ridge

United States of America, Texas, Dickinson

Dangavel,
    The shots look amazing. I thought I heard a huge sigh of relief as I read the words "route was uploaded today."

This was a Herculean task that you undertook in doing a remake/update, and it suddenly took on a life of it's own, as you were drawn into the abyss of route author and creator, adding more and more parts to the route. There was always just a little more space around the bend that you could fit yet another industry into.

You've done a fantastic job on this, as we've seen from your posted screenshots. Thanks for sharing your creativity, hard work, and dedication with all of us.

Heinrich505

Quote Originally Posted by Heinrich505 View Post
    Dangavel,
    The shots look amazing. I thought I heard a huge sigh of relief as I read the words "route was uploaded today."

This was a Herculean task that you undertook in doing a remake/update, and it suddenly took on a life of it's own, as you were drawn into the abyss of route author and creator, adding more and more parts to the route. There was always just a little more space around the bend that you could fit yet another industry into.

You've done a fantastic job on this, as we've seen from your posted screenshots. Thanks for sharing your creativity, hard work, and dedication with all of us.

Heinrich505
    Thanks Heinrich, I've appreciated your support, I could have done more, and more, but one has to draw the line somewhere. Somewhere down the track I'd like to make it standard gauge as it gives more opportunity to use other locos etc, but curves bridges and tunnels would all have to be changed, and I still have the uintah to try and complete
    before I shuffle off this mortal coil. I will try and update all the tunnels someday although I don't know if any of them ever behave themselves properly if they have separate portals and a bore.

ha, been caught out, there will be a few splines missing as I uploaded their library's several days ago , you cant load the assets linked to the library until the library is on the dls. they haven't appeared for several days, every time I've tried to upload they aren't showing as being on the DLS. however, thinking the route wont be up for a few days either, I uploaded it and LO its now on the DLS within 24 hours , so there may be a few of my assets missing until i can get them on the dls, fear not they are coming.

Standard Gauge Mainline through DanGavel's reinterpretation of Klinger's Timber Ridge Line and Prower, CO.

TANE SP3

Last edited by normhart; June 26th, 2020 at 12:56 PM.
    The United State's Health Care System ranks 37th in the world just behind Costa Rica.

TANE SP3

Last edited by normhart; June 26th, 2020 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by normhart View Post

I hate to say this but its probably on a road to nowhere, i don't think that portal is functioning that also would be one loooong tunnel as the addition goes on for several miles , it wasn't in the original, one of the additions i took and merged from an abandoned route.