revisiting the Timber Ridge line .

Dangavel,
The shots look amazing. I thought I heard a huge sigh of relief as I read the words "route was uploaded today."

This was a Herculean task that you undertook in doing a remake/update, and it suddenly took on a life of it's own, as you were drawn into the abyss of route author and creator, adding more and more parts to the route. There was always just a little more space around the bend that you could fit yet another industry into.

You've done a fantastic job on this, as we've seen from your posted screenshots. Thanks for sharing your creativity, hard work, and dedication with all of us.

Heinrich505
Thanks Heinrich, I've appreciated your support, I could have done more, and more, but one has to draw the line somewhere. Somewhere down the track I'd like to make it standard gauge as it gives more opportunity to use other locos etc, but curves bridges and tunnels would all have to be changed, and I still have the uintah to try and complete
before I shuffle off this mortal coil. I will try and update all the tunnels someday although I don't know if any of them ever behave themselves properly if they have separate portals and a bore.

ha, been caught out, there will be a few splines missing as I uploaded their library's several days ago , you cant load the assets linked to the library until the library is on the dls. they haven't appeared for several days, every time I've tried to upload they aren't showing as being on the DLS. however, thinking the route wont be up for a few days either, I uploaded it and LO its now on the DLS within 24 hours , so there may be a few of my assets missing until i can get them on the dls, fear not they are coming.

Standard Gauge Mainline through DanGavel's reinterpretation of Klinger's Timber Ridge Line and Prower, CO.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

TANE SP3

:D

Last edited:

I hate to say this but its probably on a road to nowhere, i don't think that portal is functioning:D that also would be one loooong tunnel as the addition goes on for several miles , it wasn't in the original, one of the additions i took and merged from an abandoned route.

That portal (Portal 1) appears to be functional and is accepting all trainz no other settings.
Wow .well I spent so much time making , Ive not explored such things, I wish I had the time to make some sessions, but I have sorely neglected my music website, so will be updating that for next few weeks . Not enough time to do everything I'd like to attend to.

A sudden Spring snowsqual has stacked up traffic heading to Tollume Pass

#463 is hauling empties into the pass, snow is visible ahead.

Up ahead #499 is working her way over increasingly ice rails

TRS19SP1

Last edited:
#499 slippin' n slidin' up the 5% grades

#223 rolls into a rapidly filling Tollume yard

TRS19SP1

Last edited:
#499 & #478 meet at Nameless Siding

The lighting you are using really improves the look of the route ( i presume in 2019 ), i was never very happy with it in TANE , shame the trees look so cruddy, its criminal how the transparency has ruined a lot of good assets, as otherwise its looking good in 2019. might see if i can remove them and find better ones.

Last edited:
The lighting you are using really improves the look of the route ( i presume in 2019 ), i was never very happy with it in TANE , shame the trees look so cruddy, its criminal how the transparency has ruined a lot of good assets, as otherwise its looking good in 2019. might see if i can remove them and find better ones.

Yes all screenies in TRS19SP1 sorry I meant to add that. These are the default environmental settings the route showed up with. Frankly I like TANE better ;) Different strokes for different folks.

What shocks me is how good these old assets look in both TANE and TRS19. Who needs advanced graphics properties? Look at those hoppers in post 229 shot 4 above or the skeletons in shot 3 & 5! Those things are older than the hills (virtually speaking) and they look great!

Last edited:
What a beautiful way to start a Saturday morning! I just poured myself a cup of coffee and sat down to see what is new and I am greeted by some of Norm's wonderful screenshots. Thank You Norm. You have a real talent. And, of course, those shots wouldn't be possible if it wasn't for all of your hard work Dan. There is no way to thank you adequately for what you have just shared with us. It's going to take a long time to explore this new world experience everything that it has to offer.

Paul :)

shame the trees look so cruddy, its criminal how the transparency has ruined a lot of good assets

Trees/bushes have always been a problem in trainz. I love how speedtrees look but having to replace them every three to five years as they become obsolete is true pain. I kinda accept using billboard trees like VR is doing but they just don't look anywhere near as good.

N3V's decision to not preserve the transparency of the older assets is saddening since it destroyed tens of thousands of unique assets.

But on the other hand thanks to your good work on this route there are now no long tree splines meaning that it should be possible to go through the route with bulk replacement and switch to trees we like without too much effort.

Thank you. BTW the route is quite fine as is and most of us are used to dealing with the tree issue.

I just want to say thank you dan for all the work you put into this route. I am loving the new parts you put in as well as the changes to the old ones.

Normhart,
Simply beautiful shots! They are showing off Dangavel's route in the best light. The snow shots are simply amazing! :Y:

Heinrich505

I understand there may be an issue with track for some buildings by dave snow and others where i changed the track to NG and inadvertently used jangos track from the white pass and yukon, ( thinking it was pencil42s ) which isnt on the dlc, i am updating which will make the present items obsolete, i am presuming most people have the wp&y if they have no issues.
I am also going to put the Uintah up on the DLS even tho it isn't completed yet. that will be as soon as i can get the content sorted. I have looked through today and most of the cliff spline are there on the DLS already , however , some of the vegetation will be an issue and you will need to get much of it from colorado 71s site , it does however , as it is billboard style- not look transparent !

Great news Dan.

I have recently been checking this route out, and oh boy what an amazing train set! I can feel the love and attention that went into making it. It seems like a barrel of fun.
I still have 5 Kuids to hunt down, but that is a tiny amount compared to what is included with the route. I'm thoroughly impressed, and glad I left a message on the Uintah route page, as I never knew this route here existed!

Great news Dan.

I have recently been checking this route out, and oh boy what an amazing train set! I can feel the love and attention that went into making it. It seems like a barrel of fun.
I still have 5 Kuids to hunt down, but that is a tiny amount compared to what is included with the route. I'm thoroughly impressed, and glad I left a message on the Uintah route page, as I never knew this route here existed!

Glad someone else is happy as all I seem to be doing is fielding gripes about finding the assets over on the other thread, , hope you enjoy running it , I did it so there would an update that would keep one busy for a long time.

Glad someone else is happy as all I seem to be doing is fielding gripes about finding the assets over on the other thread, , hope you enjoy running it , I did it so there would an update that would keep one busy for a long time.

I think the route is great! My posts on the other thread are asking for more information to help complete the flavor of the route with as many consists as possible. Narrow Gauge is near to my heart, living in Colorado. It is regrettable that you find these issues of missing or broken assets as griping. Hard to inject too much positive emotion into a kuid list:eek:

Back