revisiting the Timber Ridge line .

Dangavel,
Those are beautiful shots of the route, especially the last one where the tracks wind around the canyon! Really nicely done. :Y:

Of course I like the industry shots on the outskirts of town...so much smoke. It's very atmospheric.

Heinrich505

thanks Heinrich,.
as promised here's shots of the newly christened Klingerville.
yg3mGGD.jpg

new spur to a industrial area.
P6AcWak.jpg

company houses past the upper income district.
VYaVm0K.jpg

rich or poor they all end up here anyway....
I8X5wN8.jpg

past the station things take a turn for the worse, and then, there's the drive in.....
cGqdbqf.jpg

1hozEjM.jpg

HrIFhxh.jpg

YtmCENx.jpg

anlWW6g.jpg

i'll post a few of the yard over in the narrow gauge thread, but that's your lot for now, Merry Christmas to ye all !

Dangavel,
Great shots! Thanks for posting. Klingerville is huge. The pics of the outskirts are very appropriate. And, of course, The Drive-In! This place has it all. :D

Merry Christmas to ya, Dan!

Heinrich505

Dangavel,
Great shots! Thanks for posting. Klingerville is huge. The pics of the outskirts are very appropriate. And, of course, The Drive-In! This place has it all!
Not quite, no swimming pool or funfair and they ain't getting either ! Best wishes for the season ��

Some new images of the mines outside klingerville on Badger mountain
0oZ3nuA.jpg

Yv4Nfva.jpg

G7UZXPL.jpg

JSkQotx.jpg

t6Bq5jD.jpg

KUfHOGl.jpg

the sliver mine isn't interactive unfortunately.

I
5boJKy4.jpg
I'm on the final stretch, had a whole day working on the last significant section that had virtually no texturing or vegetation. Here we see 491 outside Ironton, heading away form Klingerville to Tollume and Dire Junction.

pLO7NMq.jpg

7PpgP1j.jpg

Grades aren't punishing here, between 2% 3%
Elg7mqt.jpg

uL2Nr5Q.jpg

QCVCRpj.jpg

0osgfYR.jpg

were entering Ponderosa pine territory and things change from here
Ykxs0RD.jpg

its getting fairly late here , more tomorrow.

Here the next section, Ponderosa pine country.
5Qm0ZeD.jpg

still river bank work to do here, and addition of more grasses and shrubs.
AqBkMXm.jpg

PqMbaHM.jpg

fLZZWF2.jpg

this shot gives an idea of whats left to complete.

fQFeqB9.jpg

probably about three miles in total needs sorting. then it will be testing .
p9hYzG6.jpg

LdVu8t0.jpg

the end result will probably be a bit uneven in construction techniques and level of detail as its been done at different times and when i had different skill levels. but i think most of it will be a pretty good drive.

as its been so darned hot here ( 42c a few days back and 41c again on Friday ) , I moved to Tollume pass for a change of scenery and temperature. This is still a section that needs work to make it convincing. i reskinned a lot of Dave Snows and Ben Dorsey's assets to have snow on their roofs as i know they have a history of generously allowing reskins.
AVHzjAd.jpg

CPfD0iU.jpg

tollume has changed a bit, hardly a single house that was there originally , mostly due to restrictions on reskins ( one threatening legal action !)
A4BNmN1.jpg

oHnstgO.jpg

PyuQdkF.jpg

pqpRz24.jpg

09HN36F.jpg

NmJnute.jpg

Rk4I5tn.jpg

well , had a big setback, installing a security update, internet was disrupted by a faulty adaptor and as its a firmware update , i may have destroyed my motherboard. I kjeep multiple backups of the route on different drives and should only have lost a few hours work,but if the main hard drive is damaged then i may have lost some modified assets that i may not have made into cdps. we will have to see., its a 50/50 chance the computer cant be restored. anyway cant do anything about it , so watch this space, the worst case scenario is i have to do some modified assets over again.

Fingers and toes crossed.

And arms and legs as well ! id' just added a 2ft gauge branch line , almost completed , in tollume pass as I had to make it 3 boards wide, it seemed a good thing to use come of the space. cant install the route on the windows machine at the moment or on my other mac pro , but will do so once I can get my hands on the hard drives .

Dangavel,
Yikes, that's just crazy. Here is hoping for the best. [Editors Note - it's hard to type with fingers crossed...:confused:]

Is the Unitah okay or did that suffer as well?

Will be holding my breath for the next few days.

Heinrich505

Dangavel,
Yikes, that's just crazy. Here is hoping for the best. [Editors Note - it's hard to type with fingers crossed...:confused:]

Is the Unitah okay or did that suffer as well?

Will be holding my breath for the next few days.

Heinrich505

well it all should be backed up on various drives, i generally go in and make all assets into cdps but there may be a few that had slight mods that i forgot to duplicate. I am pretty sure my trainz folder is on a separate drive to the system so it should not be affected. As for drives there are four on the mac and three others that are external , I've made cdps of the route on each of these almost daily. i don't have a mac hooked up to try these drives at the moment we can just have to see when the verdict comes in as to if the mac pro is functioning, it may just be the motherboard, and drives are unscathed.

i installed a program that allows me to see mac dives on pc and can inform you all that the latest versions of the uintah and timber ridge are on a working drive along with most of the recent kuids I have modded or made . so breathe a sigh of relief if you want, it wont take much work to get it all back.

Back