revisiting the Timber Ridge line .

Great shots of Greenfields. It's really looking good!

I especially like the trestle shot over the water. Your water effects are really convincing. What a nice job! :cool:

Heinrich505

well I said I wasn't gonna post any more shots, but the best laid plans etc...
I removed all missing assets which seemed to mess up a few things, so going round the route fixing these problems and adding track markers to sections which weren't Klingers originals. There is already signaling points on the original trackwork, but I haven't added any new ones , pity there isn't a way to use a token system setup as they did on the DRGW NG.
I imagine that without signals it may be difficult to set up sessions , since I've never bothered with that side of things perhaps somebody may give me some advice ? There are some train order boards on the DLS , but whether they work interactively or not I do not know.
This is Robeson,end of the line of this section , which wasn't part of the original route. I have added some more industries related to the local products ( beef mutton, coal,timber etc)
kHAHR41.jpg

back streets have limited details, more are added near the train tracks.

B7r3pwd.jpg

zPmpZ0y.jpg

45oDb9y.jpg

Robeson can take logs and meat from other parts of the line and these could be shipped to Klingerville from here once processed , general goods could also be loaded and taken to other towns and industries .
VpJRQRc.jpg

Q44TtpI.jpg

y5ZcoWE.jpg

0Fe7x64.jpg

DkE9Wag.jpg

Last edited:
Dangavel,
Great shots as always. Robeson has a very nice look and feel to it. The rocks in your third shot near Redtop really stand out nicely.

All in all, a really wonderful job. :Y:

Heinrich505

Evening Sir Gavel,

I just spent the better part of 30 mins being dazzled by the amazing scenes of your current changes.............It looks so spot on Chief..........

Sorry to hear about your Token Signal issue..........

I did a Dark Territory search, and found some write ups on some possibilities where Signals are not in use? Maybe this might help you ?

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=dark+territory+railroad&atb=v207-1&ia=web

cheers Blue, looked at this but its post timber ridge era, which is based in the 1950s or early 60s at the latest. glad you like the new images.

Shoot over to the thread I have in freeware and there are a lot of links there to the 30inch stuff .theres also a lot on the Dls

Specifically, i was looking for that Rio Grande 30in Mallet that's pop'ed up in a few pics on this thread.

I'll be sure to keep an eye on the freeware as well!

Specifically, i was looking for that Rio Grande 30in Mallet that's pop'ed up in a few pics on this thread.

I'll be sure to keep an eye on the freeware as well!
The mallet is on the DLS without the DRGW livery , I cant remember where i got the drgw versions, I'll see if I can find out the source , that's on my Mac which I don't have here .I have a suspicion that they were sent to me by a friend. If they are Ben Neal reskins they can be uploaded to DLS as he gave carte blanche to reskin and host his stuff a few years back

its taking forever to upload stuff to the DLS, there are around 1870 specific items I've had to upload so whilst waiting , i've been whiling the
time away doing adjustments and taking screenshots.
gTZfbVB.jpg

lsv3ijk.jpg

Wow, that link to Klinger's locos was a lot easier than the work I had to do to track them down.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

(Not Dan's TRL) ;)

Wow, that link to Klinger's locos was a lot easier than the work I had to do to track them down.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

(Not Dan's TRL) ;)

glad it worked out, I haven't tried out the downloads, i tend to be a bit leery of Russian sites, silly really , as any site can be compromised.

route was uploaded today, should appear on DLS in a few days. look for assets to download under the freeware section of the DLS. PM me or see the timber ridge thread in freeware for any further info.
there will be faults, notably tunnel portals that move up and down due to the vagaries of the dighole system. There are no sessions , you will need to download quite a lot of NG rolling stock from external sites and bridges from Colorado 71s site . If you want to try running it in 2019 you may find a few items are missing as they changed the built in items . go here for the download info .
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...re-external-asset-list&highlight=timber+ridge

Dangavel,
The shots look amazing. I thought I heard a huge sigh of relief as I read the words "route was uploaded today."

This was a Herculean task that you undertook in doing a remake/update, and it suddenly took on a life of it's own, as you were drawn into the abyss of route author and creator, adding more and more parts to the route. There was always just a little more space around the bend that you could fit yet another industry into.

You've done a fantastic job on this, as we've seen from your posted screenshots. Thanks for sharing your creativity, hard work, and dedication with all of us.

Heinrich505

Back