Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: revisiting the Timber Ridge line .

D&RGW #488 heading north out of Como. This is all new territory added to the old TRL (Timber Ridge Line) and the first time I've really had a chance to open up these locomotives to a teeth rattling 40mph.

TANESP3
    The United State's Health Care System ranks 37th in the world just behind Costa Rica.

We're soon back in the mountains and down to 15mph as we roll through Dorsey Wye.

Traffic ahead.
    TANESP3
    Last edited by normhart; July 7th, 2020 at 05:17 AM.
    The United State's Health Care System ranks 37th in the world just behind Costa Rica.

Up ahead of #488 RGS #s 40 & 41 are double heading a coal train down into unnamed river valley.

TANESP3

Continuing down valley with some towns and industries.

TANESP3

Great series o shots, Norm!!
    Aging gets better the more you forget.

Thanks, #488 follows the RGS double header up to an unnamed junction where she heads off to a mining complex

#40 and 41 top off with water and head out to a industry town to deliver the coal.

Last edited by normhart; July 8th, 2020 at 10:42 AM.

TANESP3

D&C line crew working north out of Dorsey. Good thing is is all downhill from here, that old Studebaker couldn't make much of a grade with that load.

TANESP3

Quote Originally Posted by normhart View Post
    D&C line crew working north out of Dorsey. Good thing is is all downhill from here, that old Studebaker couldn't make much of a grade with that load.

TANESP3
    I like the lighting settings you have for the route Norm, nice one
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

Quote Originally Posted by dangavel View Post
    I like the lighting settings you have for the route Norm, nice one
    I like working with the morning light mostly. This is kinda what happens to me when I mess with trainz. I'll find some nifty bit of kit like slugsmasher's D&C's #10 above, find some rolling stock to go with it, and tootle around taking pics.

Then I'll do some research and try to find as many assets that fit the railroad as I can. Slugsmasher did some interesting work for the D&C but the only locomotive is the #10, apparently the D&C had about an even number of Shays two truck and three truck so I sorted through my collection of 36" Shays

He also made a nice selection of rolling stock, quite old now and not interactive except for the skeletons but some interesting stuff. I've grabbed some other rolling stock that seems to fit too.

This railcar, now this is a classic. <kuid2:86661:15025:1> dc tankcar 1 on the DLS. Gotta love it!

I've staged these at "Irontown" the most northern town, I think, but based on the history of the D&C I'm going to have to find a good 36" logging site somewhere on the map.

TRS19
    Last edited by normhart; July 14th, 2020 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by normhart View Post
    I like working with the morning light mostly. This is kinda what happens to me when I mess with trainz. I'll find some nifty bit of kit like slugsmasher's D&C's #10 above, find some rolling stock to go with it, and tootle around taking pics.

Then I'll do some research and try to find as many assets that fit the railroad as I can. Slugsmasher did some interesting work for the D&C but the only locomotive is the #10, apparently the D&C had about an even number of Shays two truck and three truck so I sorted through my collection of 36" Shays

He also made a nice selection of rolling stock, quite old now and not interactive except for the skeletons but some interesting stuff. I've grabbed some other rolling stock that seems to fit too.

This railcar, now this is a classic. <kuid2:86661:15025:1> dc tankcar 1 on the DLS. Gotta love it!

I've staged these at "Irontown" the most northern town, I think, but based on the history of the D&C I'm going to have to find a good 36" logging site somewhere on the map.

TRS19
    That's a great car and these stand up so well considering their age !!!. BTW I've renamed Ironton to Snowtown in honor of Dave Snow and the pass beyond Snowton leading to Klingerville .....Snow Pass.
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

Ok norm, you have stumped me. What shay is that between the Clear Lake and West Side ones? I am always on the hunt for more geared steam.
    Will Champion

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy559 View Post
    Ok norm, you have stumped me. What shay is that between the Clear Lake and West Side ones? I am always on the hunt for more geared steam.
    Right to left
    <kuid2:86661:1412:1> 36 WSLC SHAY 12 - SlugSmasher and <kuid2:86661:151412:1> 36 WSLC SHAY 12 TENDER - SlugSmasher
    <kuid2:86661:407:1> 36 Clear Lake Shay 7 trs - SlugSmasher and <kuid2:86661:15407:1> 36 Clear Lake Shay 7 Tender trs - SlugSmasher
    <kuid2:69871:2306:1> Loco NG 3ft Shay WL&T Co #5 - philskene
    <kuid:43955:2> Clear Lake 37-2 Shay - prowler901

Umph, you are probably talking about CLC #7, she was part of slugsmasher's Clear Lake Logging Classic V3 project. I don't think he ever completed/released that.
    Last edited by normhart; July 14th, 2020 at 11:45 AM.

Well, that would explain why I had never seen it before. Thanks norm.
    Will Champion