Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: revisiting the Timber Ridge line .

This has been a few days of consolidation , I have done quite a lot on the merged sections, but I have also worked on an original Timber ridge area that i want to look similar to Los Pinos on Cumbres and Toltec. this has all been remodeled to include much stiffer grades , new steel trestles , about 4 tunnels and a lot of rock faces . i used a whole set of white shale textures and then decided i hated them so changed to a different set instead. thst involved making new sets of ground textures and rock textures in order to blend them in better.
    One good thing is a lot of these will come in useful on the Uintah, one route feeds stuff into another.

approaching the Los Pinos like section, heavy aspen and pine growth gives way to more open grassland , with small stands of spruces and the occasional aspen stand in sheltered spots. quite a lot of exposed rock faces.

the equivalent of the old San Juan Express rides the rails on the timber ridge .

nearing the oil field and airport. still needs grasses and shrubs to be added and leveling of some sections of ground under the track.

The oilfield and cattle pens ( a rather weird mix IMHO ) . i've had to lower the wav file on one of these assets by about 10db as the noise was deafening even from about a mile away in the Los Pinos section . So many asset makers just make their audio stuff waaaaay too loud , they should be just about audible, not deafening even at a distance. Especially if you use more than one item , then its a cacophony !
    Last edited by dangavel; September 25th, 2019 at 08:37 PM.
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

Wow, looking good Dan! Adding drilling rigs really gins up a rather blank area.
    Dear Ohio,
    Thank you for sending us all your intelligent women.
    With Love,
    California.

United States of America, Illinois, Park Ridge

Marvelous Dan!!

Your talents never cease to amaze me.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Gman347 View Post
    Marvelous Dan!!

Your talents never cease to amaze me.

Paul
    Thank you for your complements gents, just about completed this section now, we are beginning to move out into our rental, taking a week to do so ,so I still managed to add grass, two new boards and stuck an interactive gold/silver Iron Bottom mine ( by Mr Dorsey ) on there .

WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

United States of America, Texas, Dickinson

Dangavel,
    Really great work! The mine looks perfect, and I agree with Norm about the addition of the oil rig nodding donkey pumps. They really add to the scene.

I like your choice of trees. They fit very well with the route. The rock faces on your third shot from the above posting (#76...that's the spirit! ) really give the scene a dramatic effect. All your experience on the Unitah is really making this route shine!

Heinrich505

Quote Originally Posted by Heinrich505 View Post
    Dangavel,
    Really great work! The mine looks perfect, and I agree with Norm about the addition of the oil rig nodding donkey pumps. They really add to the scene.

I like your choice of trees. They fit very well with the route. The rock faces on your third shot from the above posting (#76...that's the spirit! ) really give the scene a dramatic effect. All your experience on the Unitah is really making this route shine!

Heinrich505
    Thanks Heinrich, its getting there, one thing that's a nuisance is that I'm trying to replace textures with my own or ones on DLS , but bulk replace over entire route isn't always working, i still find rogue Donner Pass items lurking around even when i have supposedly replaced them, but gradually I hope to replace them all , gotta make sure there are no blank textures on the route. ! From what JVC has indicated i can put any of his RM set on the DLC now as freeware as i have used a number of his textures.

I'm working my way around the route double checking and doing smaller fixes, this is a section that i haven't screen shotted before, the 30 inch section from Glenview to Redtop, ( which now also joins onto Greenhills) . i have now completed this spruce forest section .
    leaving Glenview

most of this section is flat, but ive thrown in a 5% grade to a summit at Black Spruce hill.

There weren't many rivers in this section so i threw in a few along what appeared to be natural watercourse terrain . I also joined up the two boards as with the higher terrain it looked awful with a big gap between the two sections .

The rivers feed into the central river that runs near Glenview , the terrain on the right has also risen to include another summit and a decent bridge.Visible in the far distance ....

I don't think Klinger would recognize a lot of this route.....

I have a family member in hospital and she may be there for a while, but hopefully i can spend a bit of time on the route. This is what I did early October. The connecting 30 inch gauge section between Greenhills and Redtop.

still have a bit more vegetation to apply here.

Series of short tunnels here ,either five or six.

through the final tunnel , note the annoying crease in terrain above the tunnel, I've seen a few of these, i have to smooth out certain sections to remove the effect.

As we enter the arid zone , we can see Redtop in the far distance .

United States of America, In Front Of My PC

How long is this route anyway, Looks fantastic !
    I want all my performance sliders set to "Full"

Default the new mine

I also added a spur to a new mine between Redtop and Greenhills . it has a 24 inch short line between the mine shaft and the tipple.The mainline from Redtop to Ashippen is just over the hills beyond the trees .

The line to Redtop is just behind the distant hills after the two lane blacktop.

Quote Originally Posted by MP242 View Post
    How long is this route anyway, Looks fantastic !
    It kept getting bigger as I added three sections from an older route i made, chopped them up and added them here and there, probably about 25 miles now , Klingers original was about 12 miles I think, he made another that was 35 miles but that corrupted and was lost.

United States of America, Texas, Dickinson

Dangavel,
    Well wishes for your family member's quick recovery.

The route continues to look spectacular. The long vistas combined with the sparse use of vegetation give a really panoramic view of the distance. The spruce forest looks very convincing.

I'm really enjoying your screen shots and all your hard work on this route.

Heinrich505

United States of America, California, San Jose

Are you going to release this route at some point? Because I LOVED the Timber Ridge Line back in TS2010.

Quote Originally Posted by BNSF1995 View Post
    Are you going to release this route at some point? Because I LOVED the Timber Ridge Line back in TS2010.
    Yes, probably a month or two,it depends on the health progress of my family member , if i have to spend a lot of time visiting hospital for weeks it leaves me with a lot less time to work on the route. However , I think there is some progress on the health front so perhaps it may not be so long a time for her to be in hospital.
    it will also take a while to upload a lot of my own content to the DLS , you will need the former payware jvc rm set, but he has given permission to upload to DLS.
    I have a few areas that need a lot of work but its getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by Heinrich505 View Post
    Dangavel,
    Well wishes for your family member's quick recovery.

The route continues to look spectacular. The long vistas combined with the sparse use of vegetation give a really panoramic view of the distance. The spruce forest looks very convincing.

I'm really enjoying your screen shots and all your hard work on this route.

Heinrich505
    Thanks Heinrich , your support on all fronts means a lot to me !