Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: revisiting the Timber Ridge line .

the line then runs through an even tighter gorge and emerges into the Tollume valley, running parallel to the main line on the other side of the hills.

some steep grades just here of 5%+

the line ends here , where the ore or coal or whatever product you decide to use is transferred to the 3ft gauge, the terminus is shoehorned into what available space there was , which is not a lot.

I probably wont end up using the tender engine S&L stock.
    the nice thing about freelance is , you can stick in a lot more variety then a prototypical route, I've tried to make this new timber ridge as jam packed with things to do as possible. so there's not long stretches with nothing going on, variety is the spice of life !!!. I was hoping to stick in some 2ft shays for logging over the other side of the hills, but cant find any.....
    Last edited by dangavel; January 28th, 2020 at 07:17 PM.
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

United States of America, Kansas, Parsons

There is some nice looking landscape on that route. Gonna have to check it out someday. Is this one of the routes that are in the works for release?
    Randall
    Last edited by Sek_Hakuna; January 28th, 2020 at 08:51 PM.

United States of America, Texas, Dickinson

Dangavel,
    Looking great! Nice pictures to display the route. It is going to be cool!

Heinrich505

Quote Originally Posted by Sek_Hakuna View Post
    There is some nice looking landscape on that route. Gonna have to check it out someday.

Randall

Give it a couple of months and hopefully it will be on the DLS, i need to remove old assets and drive the whole thing to look for faults ( and most importantly, stop adding more branch lines :-)
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

Quote Originally Posted by normhart View Post
    That river is looking very nice in snow country. I'm interested to see where you added the 2' line and what rolling stock you've found for it. Very glad that you were able to recover.

it is very close to the snow to grass transition in Tollume Pass, just the other side of the valley where the two logging sites are located , I made the entire pass three boards wide as it just looked cruddy and restricted and then of course, I had all this empty space to play with .......

Quote Originally Posted by dangavel View Post
    I was hoping to stick in some 2ft shays for logging over the other side of the hills, but cant find any.....
    <kuid:96914:200> 2ftshay by bdaneal
    <kuid2:96914:199:1> Gilpin 2 Russell by bdaneal
    <kuid:191774:223498> 24ng TCLCo. by zapperjet
    Will Champion

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy559 View Post
    <kuid:96914:200> 2ftshay by bdaneal
    <kuid2:96914:199:1> Gilpin 2 Russell by bdaneal
    <kuid:191774:223498> 24ng TCLCo. by zapperjet

oh dear, this probably means there will be yet another extension.....

oh dear, this probably means there will be yet another extension.....
    <kuid:445923:100193> Gilpin 2 Russell TS12 by mcummins is on the DLS

<kuid2:56561:1:2> BabyShay by gieljam is on the DLS too

<kuid2:86661:5:1> srrl railbus 5 by slugsmasher is on the DLS too.

<kuid2:44700:8442:7> 24 Gossen Railroad Garratt #2 TS12, <kuid2:44700:71:3> 24 Merced 0-4-0 Loco, and a bunch of other Merced, SR&RL, and other 24 gauge stuff by narrowgauge are on the DLS too

What I can't seem to find is any 24 gauge cars for hauling logs. Edit: <kuid2:44700:19239:5> 24 SR&RL Flat Car 28ft LRN by narrowgauge can haul logs!

Forney #5 is one of two made by slugsmasher and the two logging cabooses are by col_klink - not on the DLS
    Last edited by normhart; January 29th, 2020 at 06:50 AM.
    Dear Mississippi,
    Thank you for sending us all your intelligent women.
    With Love,
    California.

<kuid:445923:100193> Gilpin 2 Russell TS12 by mcummins is on the DLS

<kuid2:56561:1:2> BabyShay by gieljam is on the DLS too

<kuid2:86661:5:1> srrl railbus 5 by slugsmasher is on the DLS too.

<kuid2:44700:8442:7> 24 Gossen Railroad Garratt #2 TS12, <kuid2:44700:71:3> 24 Merced 0-4-0 Loco, and a bunch of other Merced, SR&RL, and other 24 gauge stuff by narrowgauge are on the DLS too

What I can't seem to find is any 24 gauge cars for hauling logs. Edit: <kuid2:44700:19239:5> 24 SR&RL Flat Car 28ft LRN by narrowgauge can haul logs!

Forney #5 is one of two made by slugsmasher and the two logging cabooses are by col_klink - not on the DLS
    yep , no 2ft log skeleton cars, but the 30 inch versions look ok as long as you aren't really close up. I've made a logging extension after the coal mine , it's been created to log a stand of Douglas pines that are particularly good( well that's my story and I'm sticking to it. It's fairly short so it should not hold things up too much.

"should not hold things up too much."
    Famous last words Fifteen miles later... a sawmill, lumber yard, an entire new village of new construction...
    Last edited by normhart; January 29th, 2020 at 02:57 PM.
    Dear Mississippi,
    With Love,
    California.

Famous last words Fifteen miles later... a sawmill, lumber yard, an entire new village of new construction...
    Well, knowing me that's always possible, but there's not the room there as the hills are impassable , to avoid those sight lines the boards drop about 300 metres in one board , not even a shay can manage that

after a few more tribulations regarding hard drives, this is how far I've got with the 2ft logging extension. More trees on the snowline , all stumps pulled down below the ground so they look lkie they actually are in the ground, not floating on the surface and extra grass and textures are needed. I've made the track as rough as I can following the lie of the land and shored up gaps with old ties etc. The Giplin/Ben NeaL shay needs a new engine sound as its almost imperceptible, whereas the baby shay had a great engine noise , but doesn't look anywhere near as good.

End of the line

starting the climb

about half way up

entering the snow line zone

leaving the sorting yard

nearing the climb up to the depot.

negotiating the zigzag

and very uneven track.......

depot, where skeleton cars are left for the Kitsons to haul them to the terminus.

I was wondering what skeletons those were in your last shots and after some digging I found they were <kuid:181672:64883> 30in Skeleton Log Car by david111767. They look great but...

I was wondering if any of the 2' bogies might fit on them?

<kuid2:44700:50050:3> 24 SR&RL Freight Bogie by narrowgauge does fit.

TANESP3

I used col_klink's repaint <kuid2:242091:50050:1> 24 Freight Bogie - Rusty for this shot. Both bogies work on slugsmasher's skeletons too.
    Last edited by normhart; February 5th, 2020 at 07:01 AM.
    Dear Mississippi,
    With Love,
    California.

I was wondering what skeletons those were in your last shots and after some digging I found they were <kuid:181672:64883> 30in Skeleton Log Car by david111767. They look great but...

I was wondering if any of the 2' bogies might fit on them?

<kuid2:44700:50050:3> 24 SR&RL Freight Bogie by narrowgauge does fit.

TANESP3

I used col_klink's repaint <kuid2:242091:50050:1> 24 Freight Bogie - Rusty for this shot. Both bogies work on slugsmasher's skeletons too.
    Sounds like a cool fix

Back to one of the merged sections that wasn't originally part of the route. , I'm now more or less polishing it up and rationalizing the content , you may notice increased uploads to the DLS as I gradually go through this process.

2ft logging route at dawn .

i did a quick reskin of the Shay Russell. Cribbed a new engine sound from the baby shay.