Trainz Plus Update 102894 Ready for testing

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
A patch from 101618 to 102894 is available (2.5GB) on the Trainz Plus Beta stream. The Mac version should be ready tomorrow.

We're very sorry for the delay in getting this build out (it's a long story, but the good news is we're back on track again now). We're also not far from getting the next Trainz Plus update out as well which includes a range of content related improvements.

As this beta build is not precached, you may notice some faults on initial load of a route or session. Allow it to load fully, then exit the session and reload it and everything should be correct on reload.

Changelist from 101618 to 102894:

• Updated content set (a number of assets have been updated to resolve a variety of issues)
  • Re-enabled the "Enable texture streaming" box (Untick the box to improve delayed texture rendering)
  • Fix moving chase camera to next car after loading a saved game,
  • Fix mismatched sound muting behaviour between Driver and Surveyor
  • Fix Driver, Surveyor, Driver switching breaks objectives
  • Fix portals derail trains in certain camera positions
  • Fix certain Trackside\mode objects not being rendered
  • Fix derailment on loading session (Rocky Mountains)
  • Junction arrows now show/hide/fade out as expected
  • Premium filter now shows correct items
  • Change 'enter' shortcut in session rules list to trigger on key down
  • Viewing a traincar from it's 'a.outsideview' attachment points no longer shows the cab mesh

Work has been done on the following areas and requires extra testing to ensure everything is working as expected:
  • Tunnels\digholes (check that things haven't moved, and if fixed, remain fixed)
  • Saving sessions for TANE routes (shouldn't
  • Some R<->B channel swap issues on some textures

Last edited:
Patch 102894 downloaded and installed without any issues.

areas tested:

Re-enabled the "Enable texture streaming" box (Untick the box to improve delayed texture rendering): perfect, delayed texture rendering is gone.
Fix certain Trackside\mode objects not being rendered: solved
Junction arrows now show/hide/fade out as expected: solved
Tunnels\digholes (check that things haven't moved, and if fixed, remain fixed): seems good now.

Will test more when I have the time for it.

nice work, guys!

Ron

Hi Tony,
For some reason I cannot see the"Trainz Plus Beta Stream" in my selection only "TRS19 Beta" shows up.
I have Trainz Plus Beta 101618 installed.
Have I missed some registration process to proceed?

On My Trainz:

Gold Class Membership Status: Active
TRS19 Early Access: Active

But the only available streams are: TRS19 Beta, Beta Release and TRS19. No more "Trainz Plus Beta Stream", gone!

I managed to download and install. But on the weekend my Gold membership had a hiccup and nothing TRS19 related worked. Zec had to reset something. So I suggest you raise a Help ticket.
My problem was related to the extra month we got. The membership was extended but no one told the authorisation server.

Trouble free download and install.

Re-enabled the "Enable texture streaming" box (Untick the box to improve delayed texture rendering) - thank you, now renders properly. Is unuseable with it enabled, one wonders what use that setting actually is?

Junction Arrows and signal names now behaving properly.

Seems to be working well so far ;o)

Hi Tony,
For some reason I cannot see the"Trainz Plus Beta Stream" in my selection only "TRS19 Beta" shows up.
I have Trainz Plus Beta 101618 installed.
Have I missed some registration process to proceed?

Same issue here. I get the message that their is no patch currently available even though it keeps prompting me to install now.

That is weird guys, I checked my stream settings and I have 'trainz plus beta' still in the list.

Ron

That is weird guys, I checked my stream settings and I have 'trainz plus beta' still in the list.

Ron

Likewise that is strange as I have Trainz Plus Beta Listed as well as a load of other options, might need to scroll the list?

Or could it be related to the Plus sub renewal issue a couple of days ago?

I have had a Gold membership since it started and just paid another installment a few days ago. Like many others I can't update to the new beta release and worse yet it doesn't recognize that I should have a FCT for download. I have deleted and reloaded my username/password which are recognized but still indicates no active FCT.

Why oh why does N3V always make these changes just as every person capable of fixing these problems has left for the day (or the weekend).

Glenn

I have had a Gold membership since it started and just paid another installment a few days ago. Like many others I can't update to the new beta release and worse yet it doesn't recognize that I should have a FCT for download. I have deleted and reloaded my username/password which are recognized but still indicates no active FCT.

Why oh why does N3V always make these changes just as every person capable of fixing these problems has left for the day (or the weekend).

Glenn

Because this is what happens when a company thinks they want to act like the big boys. This is what happens when a company is so scared of piracy, that customer comes last, profits first.

I've read more complaints about 19 and DRM then I have in a long long time. Shoot, even more than SecuROM drama days.

Most likely you guys are all gonna have to send in a ticket and get your accounts refreshed.

Couldn't wait to get home from work and found dissappointment. I do not have the Trainz Plus beta option either. I lost the previous weekend due to losing TRS19 with the server system. :(

Please get this fixed so I can get my fix of Trainz.

Because this is what happens when a company thinks they want to act like the big boys. This is what happens when a company is so scared of piracy, that customer comes last, profits first.

I've read more complaints about 19 and DRM then I have in a long long time. Shoot, even more than SecuROM drama days.

Most likely you guys are all gonna have to send in a ticket and get your accounts refreshed.

Probably no need for a ticket. They'll be online soon if not already because it's already 7:00 am in Brisbane.

This is a typical IT issue, and typically it always occurs when people go home. I know I worked in IT support from 1998 to 2012 plus a stint back in 1990-95 time frame. This happens in all kinds of companies ranging from a dozen employees to some with 120,000 workers with multiple locations worldwide.

Hi guys, just a quick update that we're looking into the issue. It is related to the extra month we provided (which prevented the billing charge fine), but we haven't figured out why some monthly subs are affected and others aren't. Should be sorted within an hour.

Update - Problem resolved.

For those interested in what happened, our script written to ensure that the patch server remained synced with the subscription status had a bug that resulted in some subscribers incorrectly losing their Trainz Plus beta access.

We've resolved that issue, double checked things and reset all the correct beta resources.

Once again, we're very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I'm glad the problem has been resolved. I knew there was no need to panic, ahem some people....

Anyway, I'm patched and doing the DBR step. Hopefully I can test soon.

Thanks for the updates and the tech information.

Holy *****, why the hostile attitude, there is nothing for you to gain with showing this to everone here on the forum.

*shakes head in disbelief*

Ron

Last edited:
[/LIST]
No such box or is it "Use Texture Streaming"? Ticked or not I don't notice any difference. What is it supposed to do?

With it enabled it takes around 5 minutes for assets to be rendered properly as in they are blurred and out of focus, GTX1080TI.

Back