WROMG Interior... WROMG Locomtive

With all the things going on in the world today, THIS gets dug up from a YEAR and a Half ago ... the never-ending "gimme" arguements, the "it's hard" replies, and N3V sitting back counting your money, while not creating their own up-dated or up-to-date content...

N3V's position sums up the whole topic, and if they don't have the time, money or ambition to create their OWN new content (using FREE labor to keep THEIR sim/game relavent), then I am not going to hold my breath waiting for that shiney new FREE asset from my fellow members either.

It is what it is, let it go already.

Hey........nice engine ! What's the KUID on that little hummer ...
( don't hurt me, I'm asking for a friend :eek:)

If an interior is really that bad and the main model has a cab of sorts use or make an invisible one with outside-visible-from-interior 1 tag won't have working cab controls, use the hud ones but at least the view out the window will be correct and with the correct body and you can set up the camera positions.

Tip if you find a decent interior but it doesn't line up properly, clone it and adjust the attachment point position with imeditor, then use the clone.

Actually one thing I'm amazed N3V never implemented was a function to remove the cab mask similar to MSTS (Open Rails), Shift - F1 I think the key command was.

To some extent I still sympathise with the OP. I've been playing around with Scandinavian style routes lately and it's a constant source of disappointment that the little amount of motive power available (mostly Denmark and Sweden, virtually nothing for Norway) relies on old totally unsuitable cabs and sounds or in the case of rolling stock opaque windows and no interior view. Such is my dismay I've started the heresy of building such routes using the Russian and Ukrainian resources where considerable effort has gone into providing a complete asset.

trainz forge under steam locomotives

Thank you ! Much appreciated.
It seems to me, it shouldn't be that difficult to reskin the interior / exterior to match in what ever color scheme you want. Isn't that the main issue with the interior ?

An interesting topic indeed. I'm happy to see more locomotives be they diesel or steam made by creators are having more realistic cabs and sounds. Even though Trainz is a simulation game I am all for as much realism as possible. It makes one feel like they are in the cab of that locomotive themselves and running it. Have been in many a locomotive cab there's nothing like feeling and hearing the sights and sounds that it makes. The more realism inside and out that a creator can do the better and I think it makes the game more fun to play. I just like realism in a game. That's just me.
Alco_P-A

An interesting topic indeed. I'm happy to see more locomotives be they diesel or steam made by creators are having more realistic cabs and sounds. Even though Trainz is a simulation game I am all for as much realism as possible. It makes one feel like they are in the cab of that locomotive themselves and running it. Have been in many a locomotive cab there's nothing like feeling and hearing the sights and sounds that it makes. The more realism inside and out that a creator can do the better and I think it makes the game more fun to play. I just like realism in a game. That's just me.
Alco_P-A

Great post ! I agree 100%

Back