AI routing

AntonyVW

Hi guys,
Its been a while since I played TANE, (not bought 2019 yet). Ive been setting up an AI route where the train comes out of a protal and follows a predetiermined route. When the train reaches the terminus (a ferry port) the engine uncouples from the train and runs back down the line to a turntable before rejoining the other end of the train. And this is where I have the problem. If I was running the train manually I would just instruct it to couple up to the last coach number xxx. however as this is an AI train, and has not yet run on the session, the coaches are not available to couple up to the last coach. So the question is, how do I get the engine to link up to the coaches if they don't exist until the session is run? No further instructions can be give to the AI until it has coupled, so at the moment it just cant continue.
Can anyone help me please?

Antony

Place a TM on the track just outside of the platform but before any junction. Give it a name and use couple at TM (name). Make sure you have no signals on the approach to the rear as this will show red.

Back