Steam Excursion Train

davesnow

Crabby Old Geezer
Somebody please point me to a good Trainz Steam Train with coaches that would be suitable as a Tourist-type consist. Must be regular gauge, North American, loco and coaches must have working interiors, and able to reskin for personal use. Prefer smaller type steam train.

Thanks,

Dave

Ben Dorsey's TOTC cars and Passenger Gondolas fit the bill perfectly. Ben Neal's locomotives work for power, too.

Ben Dorsey's TOTC cars and Passenger Gondolas fit the bill perfectly. Ben Neal's locomotives work for power, too.

The TOTC cars download fine, but with Ben's locomotives all I come up with is missing (unknown) dependencies or narrow gauge stuff... Don't want to fool with that. Can't even find any of Ben's locos on the DLS. Oh well. Thanks anyway.

<kuid2:69871:2399:1> Loco S&A 4-6-2 #750
<kuid2:69871:2400:1> Loco S&A 4-6-2 #750 Tender

On the DLS by philskene, updates of bdaneal's Savannah and Atlanta 4-6-2 (not the excursion version sadly).

Should go well with the TOTC cars.

Last edited:
<kuid2:69871:2399:1> Loco S&A 4-6-2 #750
<kuid2:69871:2400:1> Loco S&A 4-6-2 #750 Tender

On the DLS by philskene, updates of bdaneal's Savannah and Atlanta 4-6-2 (not the excursion version sadly).

Should go well with the TOTC cars.

The locomotive is okay, but those TOTC cars DO NOT have interiors.

I'm not too sold on using a steam loco though---- the visibility is so poor.... I may use an older diesel or a sharknose (if it has a proper cab view).

EDIT: Tried several other "old timey" coaches and none of them have interiors. When I click on the interior it puts me back in the Steamer's cab, every time.

Last edited:
Back