piece of track?

EJB

couldn't get a consist to go to a grain elevator. upon inspection i found a piece of track or object,not sure, that i cannot get rid of. i have tried to delete withh all the tools trainz provides. it is still there. i can't move it but can hook track to it and actually straighten it. i have removes the two grids it is on and it floats in space with nothing under it.
what is this and how do you remove it? i think it is a loader track but at this point i don't know what it is.
thanx
ejb
by the way i up the coal loader 40 to 12000000 tons and finally getting 84 coal hoppers to fully load.

couldn't get a consist to go to a grain elevator. upon inspection i found a piece of track or object,not sure, that i cannot get rid of. i have tried to delete withh all the tools trainz provides. it is still there. i can't move it but can hook track to it and actually straighten it. i have removes the two grids it is on and it floats in space with nothing under it.
what is this and how do you remove it? i think it is a loader track but at this point i don't know what it is.
thanx
ejb
by the way i up the coal loader 40 to 12000000 tons and finally getting 84 coal hoppers to fully load.

Using the Tools menu (The one with the wrench).

Deselect the topography, textures, and splines.

Select a blank area on your route. It doesn't have to be huge - about the size of what you want to remove.

Paste the blank over the asset that won't go away.

This works for 99.99% of the situations with this kind of issue.

Congratulations on the coal hoppers.

just curious what is this piece of track? anyway i am still trying to upgrade to the sapper coal loader but no go. it is as if the computer doesn't know its there.
i will try the cut and paste. surprised i didn't tink of that , but age taking its toll.
thanx again
ejb

cut and paste didn't work. can't move it but i can hook a piece of invisible track to it. still have the circles but there you go.
this thing is freaky and weird. usually you can delete the grid and it goes away but this thing actually is hovering in nothingess. is that a word? anyway turning it invisible will have to do.
thanx for your help
ejb

Maybe I misunderstood you, but you do have a baseboard under the track? You need that for this to work. Pasting in the air does nothing.

sorry for not getting back. no i cut and pasted with a baseboard. i tried to remove the baseboard under the asset before cutting and pasting. that most often works but not this time. i hoked a invisible track to it and it assumed invisibility and put a building over it.
i have never seen anything like this but at least it doesn't seem to cause problems with the grain loading.
thanx
ejb

pretty sure it is a industry. since it changed when i hook a invisible track to it.
right now it is hidden under a grain elevator.
ejb

It also happens in T:ANE and would drive you crazy. So go for draconian solution: You may know the industry that was there before, we hope. Go to CM and delete it. I mean getting rid of it for good. Then go to your route and do a "delete missing assets". Then see if it is gone. Just to be sure, do the same in your dependent sessions of the route. Hopefully the offending thing will be gone. This problem has happened to me when I deleted ( at route level) an industry while it was still connected to tracks. What you have to do, is disconnect tracks and carefully move the industry away from where it was, then delete. Doing this the asset goes away as it should. Problem has been reported to N3V time ago, and as you can see, the newer editions of the game still have the problem. Please report if it works.

Last edited:
i tried your solution. didn't work.
i don't know if it is a problem with the qame. i hooked a invisible track and parked a grain elevator over it. i also have two tree groups that i have no idea where they came from unless they are from a previous trainz build. hoping they do get repaired. the two tree groups conform to the ground levels like hills and ditches. nice fillers for forests. i can move them and cut and paste them but can't replicate them thru the content manager.
a lot of assets are being rebuilt for 2019 and tane. HERES HOPING.
hopefully the bugs will eventually be worked out by the creators and skinners. like to help and i will probably move towards skinning and beyond.
thanx for your reply
ejb
i think n3v may have a winner with this build but yes it does have some problems. rails only on pavement floating along with roads floating are a problem. they have massive things to fix. lets be patient. trainz hopping on bnsf level crossings. probably a easy fix. couldn't get ATLS crossing to work even with upgrade. i went to the TRC system and have pretty good success.

Last edited:
i tried your solution. didn't work.
i don't know if it is a problem with the qame. i hooked a invisible track and parked a grain elevator over it. i also have two tree groups that i have no idea where they came from unless they are from a previous trainz build. hoping they do get repaired. the two tree groups conform to the ground levels like hills and ditches. nice fillers for forests. i can move them and cut and paste them but can't replicate them thru the content manager.
a lot of assets are being rebuilt for 2019 and tane. HERES HOPING.
hopefully the bugs will eventually be worked out by the creators and skinners. like to help and i will probably move towards skinning and beyond.
thanx for your reply
ejb

I've done that kind of fix as well with a piece of invisible road. I deleted the YARN-ish intersection and it left purple roads. I attached a truly invisible road to it, and all was gone.

The tree groups are a different animal. These actually cause a program performance issue and have been discontinued. They are still there in Content Manager, but hidden from view in Surveyor, and are kept around for legacy purposes - meaning older routes that used them as a dependency.

There is a way to make them visible in Surveyor, but it requires editing the asset config.txt file if you want to do that.

thanx
ejb

Are you sure you that what you are seeing is not a small square under the loader? Blender requires that a mesh be present so I was forced to put a small rectangle slightly below ground level in the center of the loader in addition to the various attachment and effect points. The rectangle has no textures assigned to it. It serves no other purpose but to be present and allow you to grab it.

Bob

the tree groups are pretty neat. the conform to the landscape and as i said they are great fillers in the forest scene. i tried to post pictures but they ended in the n3v screeshots section. don't ask.
there was another tree group that was speed trees. it wasn't that great but it did fill in the spaces needed for forest.. shame no one makes a tree group for 2019.

i kept 2012. i went to it to find out what is the grain elevator that was installed. it was kuid2:101046:102141:2' this asset is faulty according to content manager in 2019. the piece of loader track is Kuid2:61119:38804:1 which show faulty in content manager.
just for giggles i installed the grain elevator and it went right in and when i deleted it the loader track was also deleted.
i think n3v has a lot on their plate at present. but i really like what they have and probably will be one of their best if they can iron out the problems. i really looks good eye candy for the rail fans.
thanx again
ejb

Back